Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-10-2019, 04:23 PM   #16
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
How do you get that out of a statement that a wall is not the best use of the money to stop illegals?
Its an easy comparison.....
People want to talk about 'wasting money on the wall....
So, lets look at govt waste. I am sure we can find more waste then what the wall would provide.....
So thats what I think the poster was saying.....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 04:32 PM   #17
thaskalos

Having been in the grocery business for 40 years...I am convinced that the government doesn't consider illegal immigration to be the big problem that the citizens think it is. I think most here will agree that drunk driving is a big deal...and they also think that illegal immigration is a big deal...RIGHT? So...what do you happens when an illegal Latino is caught driving drunk by the police? Do you think that:

A. The illegal Latino is arrested and immediately deported since he has committed TWO serious crimes at the same time.

B. The illegal Latino is thrown in jail to atone for his blatant disrespect for our country's legal system.

C. The illegal Latino is released after posting a $2,000 bail...even though the police know full well that the chances of him appearing in court on the appointed day are practically nil.

Please don't ask me how I know the answer to this multiple choice question...because telling you might tend to incriminate me. But it's the reason why I am against the building of this wall. The government isn't serious about the illegal immigration problem...no matter what is currently being played out in the news.

Last edited by thaskalos; 01-10-2019 at 04:33 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 04:52 PM   #18
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
So, lets look at govt waste. I am sure we can find more waste then what the wall would provide.....
The poster he was criticizing wasn't talking about waste, he was talking about using the money in smarter ways than a wall to stop illegals. How does Pelosi and the Middle East have anything to do with that?
Old 01-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #19
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Having been in the grocery business for 40 years...I am convinced that the government doesn't consider illegal immigration to be the big problem that the citizens think it is. I think most here will agree that drunk driving is a big deal...and they also think that illegal immigration is a big deal...RIGHT? So...what do you think happens when an illegal Latino is caught driving drunk by the police? Do you think that:

A. The illegal Latino is arrested and immediately deported since he has committed TWO serious crimes at the same time.

B. The illegal Latino is thrown in jail to atone for his blatant disrespect for our country's legal system.

C. The illegal Latino is released after posting a $2,000 bail...even though the police know full well that the chances of him appearing in court on the appointed day are practically nil.

Please don't ask me how I know the answer to this multiple choice question...because telling you might tend to incriminate me. But it's the reason why I am against the building of this wall. The government isn't serious about the illegal immigration problem...no matter what is currently being played out in the news.
Ooops...I left out a key word there.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:01 PM   #20
wisconsin

Quote:
Having been in the grocery business for 40 years...I am convinced that the government doesn't consider illegal immigration to be the big problem that the citizens think it is. I think most here will agree that drunk driving is a big deal...and they also think that illegal immigration is a big deal...RIGHT? So...what do you happens when an illegal Latino is caught driving drunk by the police? Do you think that:

Same as a local resident, except for the court part. I think the police are ill equipped to deal with the illegal situation, and that, too, is a real problem. Not caring and not have a procedure are two different things.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #21
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post

Same as a local resident, except for the court part. I think the police are ill equipped to deal with the illegal situation, and that, too, is a real problem. Not caring and not have a procedure are two different things.
If they cared...wouldn't they put a procedure in place?
Old 01-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #22
woodtoo

Answers excluding PTrump and/or costs seem to be out of the realm here.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #23
wisconsin

Quote:

I agree that they should have a procedure in place. But it, too, would be fought at local levels with fervency. By one party more than another.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:20 PM   #24
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Answers excluding PTrump and/or costs seem to be out of the realm here.

If the wall was free it would face stout opposition.

It was never about Trump or the money.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #25
fast4522

Quote:
Prople are more likely to have communist blood than they are to have native American blood. It is easy to see why it was such a bad move for Elizabeth Warren to have herself tested. Heritage is a very interesting word, most people have no shame.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #26
jimmyb

Quote:
The majority of illegals in this country came in legally and over-stayed their visas. These are certainly more likely to take good jobs than those who walk in across the desert.

True in the case of my ex. When I met her she was working two jobs while here on an expired travel visa. The phony document business was alive and well as she was able to obtain a Social Security Card which was accepted by her employers.

It was a real mess with the INS when we went in for the resident alien process. Had to hire an immigration attorney to smooth it out.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 06:25 PM   #27
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
It was a real mess with the INS when we went in for the resident alien process. Had to hire an immigration attorney to smooth it out.
Another reason to crack down on these illegals: more money going to attorneys would be a big stimulus to the economy.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #28
AndyC

Quote:
How do you get that out of a statement that a wall is not the best use of the money to stop illegals?
According to many top border patrol officials, walls work where we have them now. No theory just real experience.

The worst case scenario is that we build a wall and it doesn't work. Think of all the jobs that will be created in building it. The downside is we are out the money. We lose far more money paying for illegal immigrants than we will ever lose building a wall. And what if the naysayers are wrong and the wall actually works as intended?
Old 01-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #29
chiguy

I am not a fan of building the wall because it seems ineffective to me. I live in San Diego and it seems almost weekly we get a story about an amazing tunnel that was built from TJ to a warehouse somewhere north of the current barrier. We need fencing of some sort in some area's for sure but if you read any stories regarding eminent domain and how heavy handed the government is in this area related to some fencing put up in Texas in the last decade then it really puts me on the side of no wall. I think there are multiple, smarter ways to get a more secure border that have been talked about in the past couple of months.
chiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 06:41 PM   #30
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Thank you, Pelosi ADDED billions of dollars to the foreign aid part. So she obviously cares more about them than she does protecting American citizens. If we don't have the money for the wall, like some Democrats say, how do we have 12 billion more to just give away to foreign governments.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: