Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.20 average.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #331
woodtoo

Interesting article in Vanity Fair about all the players:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/...ouse-civil-war

"The Kushners were a prominent Democratic real-estate family in New Jersey. Their relationship to politics was mostly as members of the donor class. A person close to Jared told me that growing up in New Jersey taught him the utterly transactional nature of politics. His ability to move with ease from one political ideology to another, depending on what seems useful at the moment, comes naturally."[/QUOTE]

Incredibly long hit piece on this WH (a waste of ink, by the way) too bad there was zero substance at all.

I forewarn others, don't even bother. I wont wastes my time with the other.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #332
reckless
Veteran

I see where the left wing fools are protesting and demanding to see Trump's tax returns again. Inquiring minds want to know.

What I demand to know and see is Elizabeth Warren's employment application to both Harvard Law and Univ. of Pennsylvania Law schools. Do they say she is a Native American?? I bet it does. Lizzie Warren checked the box, I am sure of it.

What I'd also demand to see is LSAT scores and Harvard transcripts from a Constitution 'law scholar' named Barry Obama. Did he ever release them? If so, I missed it.

How about the medical records of Bill Clinton? He should release them too. Or does he think the American people cannot handle knowing they twice elected president a man with numerous cases of venereal disease and abusive cocaine use?
We demand to know.

Hat tip to the great Howie Carr, who brought up these questions on his radio show today.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #333
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Quote:
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/...ouse-civil-war

"The Kushners were a prominent Democratic real-estate family in New Jersey. Their relationship to politics was mostly as members of the donor class. A person close to Jared told me that growing up in New Jersey taught him the utterly transactional nature of politics. His ability to move with ease from one political ideology to another, depending on what seems useful at the moment, comes naturally."
Incredibly long hit piece on this WH (a waste of ink, by the way) too bad there was zero substance at all.

I forewarn others, don't even bother. I wont wastes my time with the other.
What I find most interesting in the article is the facts. I don't find the "he say she say" stuff as interesting -- especially when the author does not name the sources. It sounds like gossip.

On the one hand, the Vanity Fair piece seems to be biased against the Trump admin, but on the other, if the unnamed sources are accurate then it is interesting to learn about how the sausage gets made.

I learned a few things about how the West Wing is set up. Also, the graphic blueprint of the West Wing layout was informative.

I didn't know Chris Christie prosecuted Jared Kushner's dad. That's interesting information and surely must have factored in to why Trump did not select Christie as a running mate or as Attorney General.

It's also interesting that Jared Kushner is from a prominent NJ Democratic family and now he is Trump's closest advisor.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 09:30 PM   #334
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
I see where the left wing fools are protesting and demanding to see Trump's tax returns again. Inquiring minds want to know.

What I demand to know and see is Elizabeth Warren's employment application to both Harvard Law and Univ. of Pennsylvania Law schools. Do they say she is a Native American?? I bet it does. Lizzie Warren checked the box, I am sure of it.

What I'd also demand to see is LSAT scores and Harvard transcripts from a Constitution 'law scholar' named Barry Obama. Did he ever release them? If so, I missed it.

How about the medical records of Bill Clinton? He should release them too. Or does he think the American people cannot handle knowing they twice elected president a man with numerous cases of venereal disease and abusive cocaine use?
We demand to know.

Hat tip to the great Howie Carr, who brought up these questions on his radio show today.
Born in Kenya.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #335
highnote

It has taken 78 days for Trump to abandon his campaign promises and fall into the Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama deep State style of governing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Research
no real change to O’care. No cutbacks in entitlements. No attempt to balance the budget. No belt-tightening at the pudgy Pentagon. (Instead, it will get more money.)

And now this: The wars in the Middle East will not only go on… they will accelerate.
Way to drain that swamp!
Old 04-19-2017, 10:55 AM   #336
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You can always hang your hat on the SC seat filled...and possibly more to come.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2017, 11:41 AM   #337
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
It has taken 78 days for Trump to abandon his campaign promises and fall into the Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama deep State style of governing.

Way to drain that swamp!
The swamp is more infested than first thought. Comey has now been identified as a true black hat swamp critter, although PT already knew that
(keep your enemies closer). The hammer will come down in Trump time not Casey Research or your time. Rice, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Rogers and the rest of the swamp dwellers will be dealt with in due time.
The Russia abstraction has been blown out of the water already, even backfiring since the surveillance of Trump Towers has been proven true.
Glad you didn't link Casey. A MOAB may be necessary to drain the cesspool of deep state. Like you mentioned it is only day 78 cant wait till day 356.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:06 PM   #338
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You can always hang your hat on the SC seat filled...and possibly more to come.
I'm enjoying the show so far.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #339
highnote

Quote:
The swamp is more infested than first thought.
Not sure how anyone who knows anything about DC could not know the swamp was overflowing with infestation.

Quote:
The hammer will come down in Trump time not Casey Research or your time.
I would hope so. Otherwise, what is the use in having a president.

Quote:
Glad you didn't link Casey.
???? Not sure what this means.

I like Casey because he is a libertarian and a contrarian. I don't always agree with him, but I like the fact that he is an outside-the-box thinker.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:08 AM   #340
highnote

I started watching Oliver Stone's "History of America" on Netflix a couple of nights ago.

Given what Trump has to deal with, it's worth watching Stone's documentary to see how other presidents dealt with the leaders of the military-industrial complex.

Stone starts with WWII. I'm up to the Vietnam War now -- about the 5th or 6th episode.

So far, it's been very watchable. I've seen Stone interviewed several times before. He always came across as pro-military to me. Probably because he volunteered for service in Vietnam when he could have gotten a deferment. I think he graduated from Yale. He's a smart guy. He said he wanted to go to Vietnam so that he would have something to write about.

He focuses a lot of attention on the decisions and policies of the U.S. presidents. And rightly so. He talks about the patterns that repeat themselves.

He talks about how Ike warned about the military-industrial complex, but was the person most responsible for it's expansion.

The chapters on Truman and the dropping the bomb are excellent.

It's also amazing how many military leaders have wanted to use battlefield nukes on so many occasions, but somehow our presidents resisted.

He reminds the viewer how close the world came to nuclear war during the Bay of Pigs.

You have to watch it with a critical eye and realize that Stone's interpretation is only one interpretation. He does editorialize on occasion, but for the most part he sticks to the facts.

It's worth checking out.

Last edited by highnote; 04-21-2017 at 03:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #341
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Trump is still HCap, Mostpost, Rich Halvey and _____'s president.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2017, 02:26 PM   #342
woodtoo

PDJT schedules rally in PA same night as WHCA Dinner.Mr. Bigly Subtle.
#Winning
Old 04-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #343
jk3521
Registered Loser

Since Donald Trump has stopped with the ridiculous rants on Twitter, I can take him now. He's finally decided to get down to business and ignore the haters out there. So far , so good. I don't like his personality, but I don't deal with him on a day to day basis, so who cares? But I don't believe he going to be able to get much accomplished. It's just the way it is!
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #344
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
Way to drain that swamp!
Trump has sent out 27 Executive Orders in line with his campaign promises.
It is Congress that is constipated failing to enact legislation that he would gladly sign.
Don't blame Trump for their torpidity.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2017, 11:14 PM   #345
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Trump has sent out 27 Executive Orders in line with his campaign promises.
It is Congress that is constipated failing to enact legislation that he would gladly sign.
Don't blame Trump for their torpidity.
I just read Executive Orders coming in droves to mark the 100 days.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply