Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:25 AM   #1516
Thomas Roulston

The DQ doesn't make any difference in the grand scheme of things, because Bolt d'Oro was still going to beat him in the Santa Anita Derby.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #1517
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
The DQ doesn't make any difference in the grand scheme of things, because Bolt d'Oro was still going to beat him in the Santa Anita Derby.
Only to the owner, I think ToddTVG said $180,000 difference between 1st and 2nd.
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #1518
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by camourous View Post
Yep they take him down for carrying a horse out near the wire, but ignore him getting clobbered turning for home
The incident on the turn did not cost McKinzie a place. The incident in the stretch did cost Bolt the win.

You guys are complaining about a by the book California ruling.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #1519
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
The incident on the turn did not cost McKinzie a place. The incident in the stretch did cost Bolt the win.

You guys are complaining about a by the book California ruling.
I don't see how one was any more egregious than the other.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #1520
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
Since people place bets on the races it makes a difference to them in any scheme of things, even the grand one.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2018, 03:35 PM   #1521
Denny
Veteran

Rules

American rules are inconsistently applied and vary greatly.

European standards are superior in my estimation and should be adopted here.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2018, 07:51 AM   #1522
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I don't see how one was any more egregious than the other.
The incident was severe enough to cause McKinzie a lot. After watching it several times I'd have ruled that both incidents were a wash and left the natural result alone.

Castellano was race riding and made an early move that surprised Smith. Smith reacted a little too slowly and had to re-rally. Bolt D’oro did bump McKinzie twice at the top of the stretch. And McKinzie did veer out in the stretch run herding Bolt D’Oro. After a few days I’d have ruled that the two incidents cancelled one another out and left McKinzie up even though the DQ benefitted me.

And as for the Stewards…………………. Baekecker needs to be fired. McHargue needs to be fired. And the 3 Stewards need to be fired several years ago. 20 minutes to make a call that wasn’t all that complicated is embarrassing. Then, like they always do for political reasons they say it was unanimous. Bullshit. If it was unanimous it would have taken less than 5 minutes instead of 20 minutes.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #1523
dilanesp

Guys, there is no rule that says that if you get fouled at the 1/4 pole, anything you do near the wire is immunized. Nor can it be- imagine how riders would ride after a foul if that were the rule!

The stewards applied the actual rules and precedents correctly. A foul near the wire + a nose victory always means a DQ.

This was bog standard. The stewards do not need to be fired (nor are they going to- the CHRB would laugh at this discussion if they saw it).
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #1524
Denny
Veteran

Why do people have to exaggerate how long the ruling took? They took what they needed to take (by local rules), there were multiple incidents that had to be looked at from multiple angles.

Believe it was 11 minutes, not the 20 some people claim it took.

Last edited by Denny; 03-12-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #1525
Andy Asaro

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com.../tdn180312.pdf

They were out there for almost 15 minutes like that. That part probably upset me more than anything. I just wished they'd be a little bit quicker. To me, it's a sign that they had trouble justifying taking him down. The thing about it, it was an exciting race, the horses threw it down, they let it all hang out, two good horses.

Unfortunately, the stewards had to decide it.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 09:59 PM   #1526
bello
Veteran

Charles town race 6

I just witnessed the worst dq in all my years betting the ponies.

Watch the head on replay of race 6 at CT. The 4 lugs into the 6 twice in the rear and they take the 6 down. Watch the tire tracks and the 6 is straight as an arrow. Never an judges explanation nor a replay.

Complete incompetence or larceny.....scary call
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 10:18 PM   #1527
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Have to agree with you. Awful call. (And full disclosure, I bet the #4 in that race.)

The #4, after making a long sustained run that began on the backstretch, headed the #6 in upper stretch - but then began to tire.

The rider of the #4 continued with right handed stick - and the #4 came in a bit - brushing with the #6.

After initial contact was made by the #4: The rider of the #6 hand rode - and pulled ahead -- and in my opinion did so while maintaining a straight line.

If you watch the head on -- freeze the action at the top of the stretch -- note the positioning of the #4 on the outside and the #6 on the inside -- and watch from there:

It becomes crystal clear that the #4 comes in and initiates contact. (Not the other way around.)

-jp

Old 03-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #1528
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

FAIR GROUNDS - Race 6 - 3/23/18

Take a look at the replay going into the first turn. They DQ'd the #2 horse and didn't even light up the winner's number...tell me the #6 didn't cause trouble when he cut off the #2 horse going into the first turn?

Yes, I had the #4 who finished second at 10-1...but come on...they never even lit up the winner's number during the review...what the hell?

They DQ'd the #2 for causing the #8 to take up, but the only reason that happened was because the ****ING WINNER interfered with the #2.

HOLY SHIT BALLS **** TURD....you have to be kidding me!

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-23-2018 at 04:53 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2018, 05:34 PM   #1529
thaskalos

I just made a big bet on the in the 7th race at Oaklawn...only to watch the horse get literally DEMOLISHED in the worst out-of-the-gate incident that I've ever seen in my life.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #1530
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I just made a big bet on the in the 7th race at Oaklawn...only to watch the horse get literally DEMOLISHED in the worst out-of-the-gate incident that I've ever seen in my life.
I also had the in that race...I feel your pain

That's twice in less than an hour that I've been royally screwed
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: