Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #16
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Yes, to the best of my memory, and not just once or twice either.
I believe this would be the third serious suspension for this, and there have been other "questionable" non suspensions.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #17
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I believe this would be the third serious suspension for this, and there have been other "questionable" non suspensions.
I think I recall other times he was just fined too.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:44 PM   #18
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I think I recall other times he was just fined too.
I don't think I've ever seen days for the infraction he's accused of.

If there have been fines, which I think you're right about, he's probably looking at days.

I would be very surprised if it was more than 3, 5 at the most.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:53 PM   #19
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I don't think I've ever seen days for the infraction he's accused of.

If there have been fines, which I think you're right about, he's probably looking at days.

I would be very surprised if it was more than 3, 5 at the most.
No he has had days for this, once was when he was the absolute top rider on that circuit in 1993, and I think the other was 2006ish?

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-05-...hollywood-park
Old 09-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #20
Andy Asaro

30 days
Old 09-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #21
v j stauffer

Quote:
No he has had days for this, once was when he was the absolute top rider on that circuit in 1993, and I think the other was 2006ish?

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-05-...hollywood-park
Wow. Good work. The Stewards can easily find that on the CHRB website. Doesn't bode well for him.

On a personal note. I've known Kent for 25 years. I like and respect him very much and IMO he's one of the top 20 riders ever.

I've never spoken to him about his proclivity to make this mistake.

But I sure wish he'd give it respect.

Very puzzling to me.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #22
GMB@BP

Quote:
Wow. Good work. The Stewards can easily find that on the CHRB website. Doesn't bode well for him.

On a personal note. I've known Kent for 25 years. I like and respect him very much and IMO he's one of the top 20 riders ever.

I've never spoken to him about his proclivity to make this mistake.

But I sure wish he'd give it respect.

Very puzzling to me.
as humans, and as professionals in our craft we all have our faults. His is just more public.

I know lots of the riders over the years, Kent though though less than just about everyone so personally I have nothing to offer.

I wish he would not do this, when I got in the game in 1991 in socal he was the absolute best rider by a very large margin.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:10 PM   #23
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Has he been fined or given days for this type situation before?

Usually to get to something like a 30 day suspension it will be an accumulation of past sanctions.

An ascending penalty scale.
This was what I was referring to in the other thread about this. The Stewards have not dealt with this properly before and this is a huge part of why this idiocy has persisted.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #24
Andy Asaro

Sent to email list.

Again. Stewards get the knee pads out for Desormeaux AGAIN. Only 3 day suspension. Bullshit.

Good thing we have people looking out for the integrity of the game. NOT

Pull your heads out of your *sses. Why should people have confidence when the bet California Racing.

Wise up people cuz this was a travesty

We never quit,

A
Old 09-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #25
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Sent to email list.

Again. Stewards get the knee pads out for Desormeaux AGAIN. Only 3 day suspension. Bullshit.

Good thing we have people looking out for the integrity of the game. NOT

Pull your heads out of your *sses. Why should people have confidence when the bet California Racing.

Wise up people cuz this was a travesty

We never quit,

A
yea, thats crap....can take them for Los Al likely as well.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:20 PM   #26
Andy Asaro

Quote:
yea, thats crap....can take them for Los Al likely as well.
They're tone deaf. McHargue likely made the call and I don't think to highly of him as he has precided over the former crew that made all the mistakes.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:51 PM   #27
v j stauffer

As I predicted 3 no more than 5 days. IMO this was 100% the correct sanction. Anytime days are meted out it's a VERY big deal. Days are the gift that keeps on giving. Not only does the rider lose the $$$ he would have won. But when those horses win he doesn't get them back next time.

30 days would have been a GROSS overreaction.

That's the kind of sanction jocks get for complete failure to make any effort or down right race manipulation.

Having Darrel McHargue make this decision IMO was a VERY smart move by the CHRB and it's Executive Director.

I worked with Darrel in the stand at both Golden Gate and Fresno.

He was a GREAT rider in his own right back in the day. I know for a fact he is very sensitive when anybody screams that a rider held a horse or gave less than a complete effort.

We had a situation at Fresno one year when a jock flat out stiffed a mule. Darrell showed me a due diligence in making that tough decision that made an impression I remember to this day.

He would bristle at the suggestion of a horse being held. Wanted to look for and listen to every possible reason why it wouldn't be true until the facts and film showed no other recourse. That jock ended up being suspended for 10 days.

Kent's transgressions are foolish, careless and a total mystery to me given what a brilliant god given talent he is. I just don't understand why he continues with these brain farts??

Let me say this again. Days are a VERY big deal. This is a VERY harsh sanction for the rule that was broken.

IMO the CHRB, So Cal stewards and Chief Steward Darrel McHargue got this one spot on correct.

Last edited by v j stauffer; 09-03-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #28
Andy Asaro

Now you know what I mean right?
Old 09-03-2018, 07:54 PM   #29
GMB@BP

Quote:
As I predicted 3 no more than 5 days. IMO this was 100% the correct sanction. Anytime days are meted out it's a VERY big deal. Days are the gift that keeps on giving. Not only does the rider lose the $$$ he would have won. But when those horses win he doesn't get them back next time.

30 days would have been a GROSS overreaction.

That's the kind of sanction jocks get for complete failure to make any effort or down right race manipulation.

Having Darrel McHargue make this decision IMO was a VERY smart move by the CHRB and it's Executive Director.

I worked with Darrel in the stand at both Golden Gate at Fresno.

He was a GREAT rider in his own right back in the day. I know for a fact he is very sensitive when anybody screams that a rider held a horse of gave less than a complete effort.

We had a situation at Fresno one year when a jock flat out stiffed a mule. Darrell showed me a due diligence in making that tough decision that made an impression I remember to this day.

He would bristle at the suggestion of a horse being held. Wanted to look for and listen to every possible reason why it wouldn't be true until the facts and film showed no other recourse. That jock ended up being suspended for 10 days.

Kent's transgressions are foolish, careless and a total mystery to me given what a brilliant god given talent he is. I just don't understand why he continues with these brain farts??

Let me say this again. Days are a VERY big deal. This is a VERY harsh sanction for the rule that was broken.

IMO the CHRB, So Cal stewards and Chief Steward Darrel McHargue got this one spot on correct.
days at los al for kent are not a big deal, they just are not. unless they stipulated it has to be the first 3 days at SA this just like a small fine.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:12 PM   #30
turfnsport

Quote:

You know the gift that also keeps on giving? Horseplayers constantly not protected by the industry.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: