Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-06-2018, 09:08 PM   #31
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfnsport View Post
Correct..That surprised me at first.

Sometimes on upcoming stakes I'd chime in who I thought would win and they would look at me like I was nuts. They usually picked the right ones.
During the entire time I worked for Rosario only once did he overrule a decision I made.

Mark Glatt took Rosario aside and really put on a full court press.

Talked him into a filly he was running in a $100,000 2yo filly Stakes at Hollywood Park.

I had already given the call to Kelly Breen to ride a filly named Bickersons who we had just ridden going long in the Breeders' Cup Juv. Fillies. I thought the turn back to 7/8th's would be perfect for her.

I called Breen and asked off. He was totally cool. He put Joe Talamo on his filly.

Bickersons won the race by about 7 widening lengths.

After the races Joel gave me a check for $1500 which would have been my cut had we stayed put. Extremely classy move.

Along with the check came his promise to let me make all decisions from that point forward.

I didn't keep the $$$. All for one, one for all.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:06 PM   #32
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: