Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
biggestal99

Stupid del mar

Schedules a concert with ice cube.

Don’t these suits ever learn.

Major problems with concerts at race tracks.

Race tracks and concerts don’t mix.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 10:56 AM   #2
spiketoo

Perhaps just a lil context here may help.

Guy pulled a gun at front ticket booths and was shot by cops when told no tickets were available. Threads abound and I'm sure the narcissist will be retweetting his tweets here.shortly Save us.
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 11:25 AM   #3
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post

Allan
so its because it was rap music?

rap music at the track?

or just music at the track all together?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

I'm pretty sure DMTC was not anticipating an idiot firing off a gun because he got butthurt not being able to purchase a ticket to a sold out concert.

If DMTC will continue offering concerts, then they need to step up the measures of keeping people safer by screening them before they get near the entrance gates. Or go the better route by offering live music from an artist that wont draw a riff-raff crowd. Pretty sure the same people that listen to Ice Cube differ greatly than the people that would attend a Blondie concert.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:35 AM   #5
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Parakeet View Post
I'm pretty sure DMTC was not anticipating an idiot firing off a gun because he got butthurt not being able to purchase a ticket to a sold out concert.

If DMTC will continue offering concerts, then they need to step up the measures of keeping people safer by screening them before they get near the entrance gates. Or go the better route by offering live music from an artist that wont draw a riff-raff crowd. Pretty sure the same people that listen to Ice Cube differ greatly than the people that would attend a Blondie concert.
not sure what you can do, you would have to screen them as a car enters the parking lot, technically this is outside the track. I could walk up to Disneyland and do the same thing.

i would also add with the quick response from security they were at least in place to do something if the "unpredictable" happened.

Last edited by GMB@BP; 09-03-2018 at 11:37 AM.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #6
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post

Allan
Maybe not but they have been doing these concerts for 15+ years now without problems. The object being that people would come early for the concert and catch a few races.
AndyC is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #7
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
so its because it was rap music?

rap music at the track?

or just music at the track all together?
No, a concert period.

Just this year there were major problems in the uk at a racetrack concert

The suits never learn.

Racetracks aren’t concert venues.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #8
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
not sure what you can do, you would have to screen them as a car enters the parking lot, technically this is outside the track. I could walk up to Disneyland and do the same thing.
I meant when they are on-foot, not necessarily the car check. Only place I have ever been to that eyeballs your car before it goes into a parking garage is at the Bellagio.

On another note, Disneyland is a pretty tough nut to crack with their security now. They moved it right in-front of the main parking lot, so everything is thoroughly-checked, including the "wand treatment" on your body after your baggage is scanned, before you are allowed to board a tram to the entrance. They even have undercover guards scanning the behavior of people in the crowd to single out anyone that looks or is acting suspicious.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #9
jimmy m

This reminds me of a incident once at Santa Anita,I want to Say Late 80,s.I was walking up the stairs that lead to the grandstand where sironas is now.I heard a huge pop Sound and a second later there was a stampede of people coming towards me.Someone pulled a gun out and shot it in the Air.I later saw Lou Riggs remember he was the Simo host at the time.A man got into a fight with someone and got mad and just shot into the air and was tackled by like 10 guards Lou told me.Im sure there has been others.
jimmy m is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 02:23 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I know it's hard, but please try and keep politics out of this one...or I guess I'll just move this to off-topic
Old 09-03-2018, 08:12 PM   #11
classhandicapper

I went to an Alice in Chains concert at Del Mar years back. I had a great time and there was no trouble. However, if that concert was any indication, it's probably not unusual for the concert fans at Del Mar to do a LOT of drinking and pot smoking. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the combination of heavy drinking, pot smoking, drugs, and some music is more likely to cause a problem than you'd typically see at the philharmonic. So maybe they need to be more selective about who plays and the level of drinking/drugs that is tolerated.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-03-2018 at 08:14 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply