Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 01-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
Gorrex

AmWager V1.0.7 Release Notes

Assuming it is acceptable, we would like to start posting our release notes here to help get feedback from everyone on the board as we continue to work on AmWager.

Today we released version 1.0.7 which is a fairly large update. We hope that the changes and additions are welcomed as they have come almost entirely directly from players (some from players on here).

Release notes - AmWager V1.0.7

New Features
1. Conditional Wagering Enhancements
a. As requested, users may now specify up to 2 odds/payout conditions per wager. This allows for wagers to be placed when current odds are within a certain range or other complex patterns. If needed this limit can be increased.
b. UI for inputting conditions has been remade to be more user friendly.
2. New Bet Modifiers
a. Based on player suggestions AmWager has created two new bet modifiers that create combinations based on the value of the runners similar to the way computer wagering groups operate.
b. Rank modifier allows users to quickly select the amount they wish to spend and order the runners from first to last (leaving out any they do not want). AmWager then calculates the best combinations to wager.
c. Rank Pro modifier allows players that calculate their own odds lines to input them in percentage form. AmWager then calculates the optimal combinations up to their selected stake amount.
3. Quick Bets
a. Quick bets are bets generated entirely by AmWager. User’s select the amount they wish to wager, then the type of quick bet. AmWager does the rest.
b. Random -> AmWager creates a single random combination.
c. Current Odds -> AmWager creates as many combinations as allowed by the users stake based on the current WIN odds of all runners.
d. Trending Runners -> AmWager creates combinations using WIN odds on horses whose odds are currently trending lower. (Taking more money)
4. TRU Odds
a. After listening to players we have created an aggregated odds measurement using all currently available pool data.
b. Currently this utilizes WIN, EX, QU, DBL, PLC and SHW pools but will automatically add other pools should data from tote become available.
d. Willpay data where available will be incorporated into this model in the future as well.
5. Progressive Web App
a. AmWager is now a Progressive Web App and will automatically install as a native App on Android and Windows.
b. AmWager can also be installed on IoS devices but requires manual steps until Apple is done with their PWA integration.
c. This means the fastest ADW software just got faster and also opens up a lot of possible future enhancements.
d. Android users will be automatically prompted.
e. All users will now see an “Install App” button in the menu. Clicking it on Android/Windows will automatically install. Clicking it on Apple devices will give users instructions of how to install.
Other enhancements and fixes:
1. Intro walkthrough will no longer show multiple times for new users.
2. Race ALL wagers can now be stacked.
3. Selected matrix/pool tab will stay selected between race changes.
4. Ticket counts and totals now update more consistently.
5. Clear button now properly removes lettered entries again.
6. Sparklines no longer disappear when changing pool.
7. Various performance enhancements.

We hope you like our changes and look forward to your feedback for more ways to make AmWager the best ADW experience possible.

Thanks as always,

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
Gorrex

Update: An issue was found that caused Rank Pro to not function properly on some Pick Wagers. It has been resolved.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 01-03-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
bbopjz

Amwager

I like the enhancements but wish there was better User Guide to give examples of the new functionality
bbopjz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #4
Gorrex

We are already working on that but it may take some time to fill out properly.

And thank you very much for the feedback. I truly hope that our future updates are as well received as this one has been.

Jason Martin
IT Director

Last edited by Gorrex; 01-03-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #5
Gorrex

Another update..

We now accept Montana residents.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 01-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #6
MacTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbopjz View Post
I like the enhancements but wish there was better User Guide to give examples of the new functionality
Thank you for the information and updates, Jason. I use AmWager regularly. I agree with bbopjz that a more complete User Guide would be helpful.

MacTavish
MacTavish is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 01:30 PM   #7
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

Any thought given to using Tru Odds / Win Pool Odds ratio as a conditional bet criteria?
Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 01:51 PM   #8
Gorrex

Entirely possible. I think the hardest part would be figuring out what to call it to avoid confusion.

Is it something you would use often or very situational? (trying to gauge interest/priority versus other things we are working on)

We can (and do) always adjust our priorities based on feedback and other data.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 01-09-2019, 03:20 PM   #9
Ted Craven

Jason, if there's a better venue for minor questions like the following, please just direct me there:

With the new update, I notice that my User Email (as UID) is no longer cached and presented to me at Login. And since the Password does not appear on the same initial Login page (only afterwards), neither my Password Keeper utility nor my browser itself offer to store the credentials: I must retype the cumbersome email addy every time I login.

Any way to revert this behaviour, or an alternate solution?

Amwager keeps getting better and better!!

TIA!

Ted

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-09-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 03:53 PM   #10
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

Jason

It is something that could be useful if as you say, improvements have been made to your platform on the Minutes to Post criteria. I would like to know if my pick has something strange occurring in the way money is bring distributed. (Barn Money)

I posted a spreadsheet program here at PACE (BoardWatch?) that did something similar using Brisnet's SuperTote WEB site but Supertote is no longer available. I never got a sufficient sample size to see if there is a relationship between Real / Tru odds ratio and ROI.

Glad to see you guys are keeping the player in mind.

Ted

I agree, Having to copy/paste my email address to log in is a pain.

Release note here

https://www.amwager.com/wiki/doku.ph...:release_notes
Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #11
Gorrex

The email going away when you are logged out was intentional but will be resolved soon. It's a necessary change at this point in time and I do appologize for the inconvenience.

The solution will be a more standard login form with a remember me function with a lot more functionality soon after that.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 01-09-2019, 04:32 PM   #12
Ted Craven

FWIW, re the Wiki Login entry: https://www.amwager.com/wiki/doku.php?id=amwagerpro:release_notes&do=login&sect ok= ...

... my Login screen does not look like that. Just an single email/UID request. If it's all in-progress (where have I heard that before ), no worries! Just checking.

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 08:15 PM   #13
Gorrex

It will look something like that soon(tm)

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 01-11-2019, 12:20 PM   #14
Gorrex

Quick update:

New sign in form and loading screen. (no Remember me yet.. soon(tm))
Can now input percentages on Rank Pro with video modal open.

Because a lot of players have been asking.
Rank Pro is not a weighting system YET, its just an ordering system which is primarily useful currently for TRI, SPR, PEN, PK3, PK4 etc.. when you want to create a large number of combinations and not have the wasted combos with low probability of coming in that Wheeling, Keying or other modifiers cause.

Keep watching though it will only get better from here..

Jason Martin
IT Director

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: