Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #46
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I don't have to admit anything.

Congress has the right to see them and that's it.

I'm not the one of the posters here preemptively defending the guy.
So basically, you're clueless, as are the members of Congress who are on the never-ending witchhunt.

And you're so cool with all this...can't wait for the day the old ely returns. The one who wouldn't be cool with all of this.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #47
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
You are overestimating Congressional powers.
Congress has the power to do anything that you can't stop them from doing.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #48
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
No Congress does not... Neal's Committee can request FOR LEGISLATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. But we all know the true purpose of their request is nothing more to then the Dig around for anything they can find the possibly make the president look bad that's it no legislative purposes at all you know it I know it in the rest of the nation knows it
If the returns and financial info is given to the committee the members will surely prevent any information leaks because we all know they are people of the highest integrity.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:20 PM   #49
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So basically, you're clueless, as are the members of Congress who are on the never-ending witchhunt.

And you're so cool with all this...can't wait for the day the old ely returns. The one who wouldn't be cool with all of this.
Democrats can get his tax returns because the law says they can.

That's it.

They cited specific items in their subpoena for seeking his records including but not limited to emoluments and campaign finance violations. Its easily accessible if you care to read it.

It is literally Congress' job to investigate. When you guys talk about Hillary I repeatedly say investigate away. When it came to Benghazi I was perfectly fine with Benghazi investigations 1, 2, and 3... admittedly I lost interest with 4 thru ∞.

Congress has this right and the law is so simple even folks here could understand it.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2019, 05:27 PM   #50
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
If its not for POLITICAL PROPOSES the committee could look at GE's corporate returns and the CEO's as its been reported many times they have paid ZERO Federal Tax many years in a row. No this is personal to the DEM's and it's all about Trump. So quite lying to yourself that it is otherwise.
Again... none of that matters.

I'll repeat the same thing I have ever since the request was first issued:

The law is clear regarding this.

Oh... and I'll add...

Elections have consequences.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:28 PM   #51
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
If the returns and financial info is given to the committee the members will surely prevent any information leaks because we all know they are people of the highest integrity.
Oh of course they're going to leak them.

However, if they launch impeachment inquiries and they involve wrong-doing they could release them anyway.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #52
lamboguy

Quote:

That's it.

They cited specific items in their subpoena for seeking his records including but not limited to emoluments and campaign finance violations. Its easily accessible if you care to read it.

It is literally Congress' job to investigate. When you guys talk about Hillary I repeatedly say investigate away. When it came to Benghazi I was perfectly fine with Benghazi investigations 1, 2, and 3... admittedly I lost interest with 4 thru ∞.

Congress has this right and the law is so simple even folks here could understand it.
they can get all the tax returns they want on this guy, he's not going down. if he did something wrong, there always is a fall guy that pays the price.

Michael Cohen never committed a crime. Trump trashed him and he ruined his life and gone for the next 3 years. same with Flyn, maybe a few others. Trump never goes down, he's been doing this for years.

there is something going on with Trump and Pelosi. she's never going to let her people press on. she's got them all spinning their wheels and coming up snake eyes.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2019, 05:44 PM   #53
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Congress has the power to do anything that you can't stop them from doing.
Congress is stoppable when they overreach with no plausibility.
They are not the Supreme Court even thou they act like it.

They can try whatever they like but there are no guarantees.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:05 PM   #54
elysiantraveller

Quote:
They can try whatever they like but there are no guarantees.
Except here...

As I've been saying since this started.

The Constitution is crystal clear that Congress has the authority to investigate the Executive.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:27 PM   #55
Clocker

Quote:
Congress is stoppable when they overreach with no plausibility.
Like with ObamaCare?
Old 05-21-2019, 06:35 PM   #56
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Like with ObamaCare?
Obama care was passed as a tax. Congress has the power to levy tax.

Article I, Section 8: Powers of Congress
Section 8, Clause 1: Power to Tax and Spend
Text Explanation
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/...rs-sections-8/

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 05-21-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2019, 06:44 PM   #57
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

That's it.

I have yet to question whether they have the right for anything.

I'm curious what they think they can possibly find. What could be listed on his return that would prove a violation of emoluments law or campaign finance? Is that even possible? And wasn't he supposed to be in jail for campaign finance violations MONTHS ago? What ever happened to THAT?

People talk about these loans from Russian banks or whatever...is that listed on your tax return anywhere? I don't think so...I know there is no place on any return I've done that lists loans.

Maybe he cashed out of his retirement plan early to stave off bankruptcy? Then again, that would be reported to the IRS from the plan and they would have nabbed him already.

The far-fetched theories of what they MIGHT find in his return sure sounds like another witch hunt to me...but have at it...you might actually nail him this time....the batting average can only go up from .000
Old 05-21-2019, 06:49 PM   #58
woodtoo

Quote:
Except here...

As I've been saying since this started.

The Constitution is crystal clear that Congress has the authority to investigate the Executive.
Key word "investigate" they cant overstep without plausibility.

I believe Mark Levin when it comes to the constitution over you.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:51 PM   #59
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Obama care was passed as a tax. Congress has the power to levy tax.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

It doesn't matter how it was passed, I was referring to the fact that the result, contrary to the previous poster, was overreach and the rationalization for it had no plausibility.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:53 PM   #60
newtothegame

Quote:
Nobody knows what is in them.

Could be he committed bank fraud... could be he donated to Planned Parenthood... could be nothing... maybe he's broke?

Its obvious there is something in there or he wouldn't be fighting pointless legal battles preventing them from being seen by anyone.
You are such a joke, it isn't even funny anymore lol.....

"Nobody" knows what's in them......
Thanks for calling the IRS NOBODY's...on that we can agree!! Of course they know what's in there. You do agree that Donald filed taxes right? If he filed taxes, then they were looked at by NOBODY!!!

Why would anyone care of he donated to XYZ??

Maybe, just MAYBE he is fighting because its his right to privacy!!! Please show us all the law that REQUIRES DJT to expose his taxes to the average Joe blow on the street versus the IRS!!! Ill be waiting for that!!!

Now you're gonna come back and say that this isn't about the world, that ONLY congress wants to see what's in them.... BULL SHIT.... Its a POLITICAL TOOL to try and muddy the waters again for DJT. Just like there Russian Collusion was!! How many on the left were OUTRIGHT calling him an AGENT of Russia WITHOUT ANY PROOF? I guess that wasn't political either!!!

You're a joke as I've said all along!!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.

Last edited by newtothegame; 05-21-2019 at 06:54 PM.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply