Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-05-2024, 08:50 PM   #46
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Hey...the Palestinians are all TERRORISTS...and the Israelis are all COMMANDOS!

REMEMBER THAT!!
I know what I know....and so do you.

If only stereotypes were that simple
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2024, 08:54 PM   #47
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I bet if you take away govts and terror organizations, the two groups would get along just fine. The average person just wants peace with their neighbors.
That's the truth, right there!

The citizens are the same all over the world...they have the same needs, and the same expectations. It's the GOVERNMENTS that fuck everything up, and make people say that they hate this, or that country. When I say that I "hate" a country, be it Iraq, or Greece, or Israel...it's never a reference concerning the people in the respective countries. It always has to do solely with the way their governments choose to do things, both domestically and foreign-wise.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:21 PM   #48
horses4courses

Israel hits Iran

Another important development this week that PA-OTG ignores.
Confirmed Iranian war mongers taken out in Damascus.
Bravo Israel! Legitimate targets got what they deserved.

Now, we all know you can improve your efforts against Hamas in Gaza.
Netanyahu may not be the best person to lead Israel right now.
His objectively may have been jeopardized as long ago as 2011.
Entering into deals like this one may have tainted his judgement:
https://www.voanews.com/a/israel-rea...63/146502.html

There is no easy fix to this situation.
However, annilhilating everyone on the other side is definitely not the answer.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2024, 09:48 PM   #49
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Another important development this week that PA-OTG ignores.
Confirmed Iranian war mongers taken out in Damascus.
Bravo Israel! Legitimate targets got what they deserved.

Now, we all know you can improve your efforts against Hamas in Gaza.
Netanyahu may not be the best person to lead Israel right now.
His objectively may have been jeopardized as long ago as 2011.
Entering into deals like this one may have tainted his judgement:
https://www.voanews.com/a/israel-rea...63/146502.html

There is no easy fix to this situation.
However, annilhilating everyone on the other side is definitely not the answer.
Re: The bolded part of the above quote --

What exactly do you think of when you hear the phrase "From the River to the Sea?"

APNews | By LAURIE KELLMAN | Updated 8:00 PM PDT, November 10, 2023
‘From the river to the sea': Why these 6 words spark fury and passion over the Israel-Hamas war:
https://apnews.com/article/river-sea...6fa5c0b907cd49

Quote:
SLOGAN ADOPTED BY HAMAS

“From the river to the sea” echoes through pro-Palestinian rallies across campuses and cities, adopted by some as a call for a single state on the land between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean.

By 2012, it was clear that Hamas had claimed the slogan in its drive to claim land spanning Israel, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.

“Palestine is ours from the river to the sea and from the south to the north,” Khaled Mashaal, the group’s former leader, said that year in a speech in Gaza celebrating the 25th anniversary of the founding of Hamas. “There will be no concession on any inch of the land.”

The phrase also has roots in the Hamas charter.

The story behind the phrase is much larger, and reaches across the decades.

In the months before and during the 1948 war, an estimated 700,000 Palestinians fled or were expelled from what is now Israel. Many expected to return. Israel captured the West Bank, along with Gaza and east Jerusalem, in the 1967 war. In 2005, Israel withdrew from Gaza, and in 2007, Hamas claimed the tiny strip from the Palestinian Authority after a violent coup.

WHAT JEWS SAY THEY HEAR

Even the shorthand, “from the river to the sea,” echoes through pro-Palestinian protests, crackles across social media and is available on a variety of merchandise, from sweatshirts to candles.

Ask Jewish people in London what’s so chilled them about the current spike in antisemitism, and many will cite what seems like the ubiquity of the slogan. It is a sign, they suggest, that there’s much to fear.

“Have no doubt that Hamas is cheering those ‘from the river to the sea’ chants, because a Palestine between the river to the sea leaves not a single inch for Israel,” read an open letter signed by 30 Jewish news outlets around the world and released on Wednesday.

And in the wake of Hamas’ killing of civilians on Oct. 7, they’re not buying that the chant is merely anti-Israel. Backed by groups such as the Anti-Defamation League, they say it’s inherently anti-Jewish.

“No one can now say that in the eyes of Hamas, a hatred of Israel does not mean a hatred of all Jews,” said London resident Sarah Nachshen. “The slogans and placards and chants calling for the eradication of Israel and, indeed, all Jews have clearly shown this.”

WHAT PALESTINIAN ACTIVISTS SAY

Tlaib, D-Mich., who has family in the West Bank and is Congress’ only Palestinian-American, posted a video Nov. 3 that featured protesters chanting the slogan.

No stranger to criticism over her rhetoric on the U.S.-Israel relationship, Tlaib defended the slogan.

“From the river to the sea is an aspirational call for freedom, human rights, and peaceful coexistence, not death, destruction, or hate,” Tlaib tweeted, cautioning that conflating anti-Israel sentiment with antisemitism “silence(s) diverse voices speaking up for human rights.”

Tweeted Yousef Munayyer, head of the Palestine/Israel Program and a senior Fellow at Arab Center Washington: “There isn’t a square inch of the land between the river and the sea where Palestinians have freedom, justice and equality, and it has never been more important to emphasize this than right now.”
Imo:

You are right about one thing.

There are absolutely no easy answers.

And to be clear: I do not profess to have any. (Other than peace through strength.)

This is a conflict at least a thousand years old. (Possibly 3,000.)

Given the means:

HAMAS, Hezbollah, and many others would inflict the same degree of suffering upon the Jewish and Christian population of Israel that Israel is currently inflicting on the population of GAZA.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 04-05-2024 at 09:56 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 05:19 AM   #50
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
This is an outright lie.
Sad reflection of who you are as a person, and what you happen to believe.
Infant children born into poor circumstances are vermin? How pathetic.

How quick you are to defend embryos when it suits you,
yet those who don't meet your racial and social criteria
should be eliminated without a question being asked.

The hostages may well be dead, already.
Due, in no small part, to persons such as you.
Bullshit, I never suggested offspring of Palestinians anything. As a whole this group are bad actors, no country owes a life to anyone. If Egypt does not want to pay the cost of that group who only has its hands out it is correct to not deplete resources of its Egyptians. Again I say Palestinians who are not civilized in the least bit. How pathetic it is indeed to spend other peoples money.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 09:48 AM   #51
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I bet if you take away govts and terror organizations, the two groups would get along just fine.
You forgot the #1 reason:

Religion.
Old 04-06-2024, 11:55 AM   #52
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
You forgot the #1 reason:

Religion.
A small quibble as I largely agree with your point. Religion is fine. It's religious leaders/institutions that foster bigotry based on religion. Power corrupts absolutely, even and especially at times among God's servants. These people/institutions "speak" on behalf of God and the sheep follow.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 12:43 PM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Hey...the Palestinians are all TERRORISTS...and the Israelis are all COMMANDOS!

REMEMBER THAT!!
Wow, what an awesome slogan!

You guys are hilarious, actually. thaskalos with the above, and horses4courses again injecting race into it...that was just as hilarious

You guys on here, moralizing...quick to point out everything being done that is WRONG in your opinion...while at the same time saying "there are no easy solutions to this"

Really?

And you think injecting race and awesome slogans are helping things?

What I'm hearing from both of you is this.

Israel should just shut the fuck up already, cease operations in Gaza, go back home and just wait for the next attack.

Not happening this time...sorry, not sorry.
Old 04-06-2024, 12:59 PM   #54
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

You guys are hilarious, actually. thaskalos with the above, and horses4courses again injecting race into it...that was just as hilarious

You guys on here, moralizing...quick to point out everything being done that is WRONG in your opinion...while at the same time saying "there are no easy solutions to this"

Really?

Israel should just shut the fuck up already, cease operations in Gaza, go back home and just wait for the next attack.

So close the borders, shoot anyone trying to cross and wait until they all die from starvation similar to Stalin's Holodomor?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM   #55
tucker6

Quote:

Really?

I keep waiting for the world and some posters on here to start shouting at China for exterminating the Uyghurs. Or are the Uyghurs not humans? Not as human as Palestinians?

Lots of morality on here on some subjects but not on others. We wonders. Yes, we wonders why.

But what am I saying. Surely Saint Joe brought up the Uyghurs to Xi in his call the other day. You know, to save a people from extinction.

Last edited by tucker6; 04-06-2024 at 01:07 PM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 01:11 PM   #56
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Hamas has turned down 8 hostage deals

I don't think dead bodies have much bargaining value, unfortunately I doubt they are still alive.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 01:30 PM   #57
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

GO BIBI!

Not one left alive.
They started, ball's in your court.
Old 04-06-2024, 07:23 PM   #58
thaskalos

Quote:

Really?

That's not what I am saying at all...nor is this what this thread is about. As far as I am concerned, Israel and the Palestinians are all victims of their own actions...and they all deserve the problems that they currently face. This thread is about Biden bitching out Netanyahu about the recent dead humanitarian workers...and the reaction of the members here is amusing, if you ask me. The United States backs Israel with financial and military aid in these "wars"...but the USA can't question Netanyahu for the way that he carries out his attacks? The guy who puts up the money and weapons has to shut up...while the beneficiary of this "generosity" gets to call all the shots? Why is Israel to only country that gets away with this kind of behavior?
Old 04-06-2024, 07:39 PM   #59
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
That's not what I am saying at all...nor is this what this thread is about. As far as I am concerned, Israel and the Palestinians are all victims of their own actions...and they all deserve the problems that they currently face. This thread is about Biden bitching out Netanyahu about the recent dead humanitarian workers...and the reaction of the members here is amusing, if you ask me. The United States backs Israel with financial and military aid in these "wars"...but the USA can't question Netanyahu for the way that he carries out his attacks? The guy who puts up the money and weapons has to shut up...while the beneficiary of this "generosity" gets to call all the shots? Why is Israel to only country that gets away with this kind of behavior?
I'm pretty sure I haven't said one word about Biden's comments to Netanyahu.

Biden can try and suck up for the votes he's losing on the far-left over his support for Israel all he wants...that's what he does best...pander.

IMO Biden can say whatever he wants.

The real interesting question is whether he has the balls to actually do something instead of just talk...

It's also interesting the UPROAR when Trump threatened to pull out of NATO...compared to the absolute show of SILENCE from some of you guys when Biden starts threatening our best ally in the middle east.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-06-2024 at 07:41 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 07:45 PM   #60
thaskalos

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I haven't said one word about Biden's comments to Netanyahu.

Biden can try and suck up for the votes he's losing on the far-left over his support for Israel all he wants...that's what he does best...pander.

IMO Biden can say whatever he wants.

The real interesting question is whether he has the balls to actually do something instead of just talk...

It's also interesting the UPROAR when Trump threatened to pull out of NATO...compared to the absolute show of SILENCE from some of you guys when Biden starts threatening our best ally in the middle east.
Who caused the “UPROAR” when Trump threatened to pull out of NATO? I know it wasn’t me.