Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-04-2017, 12:21 PM   #46
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Rex Tillerson says he has never considered leaving the post of secretary of state.
And you believe him despite much evidence to the contrary?
Old 10-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #47
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
How many of those wars were unwinnable because of administration policies, setting unrealistic goals or imposing unreasonable restrictions? The first Gulf War was successful because the president set reasonable goals and allowed the military to do its job.
What matters are the facts... did we win in Korea? No. Vietnam? No. Did we really win the 1st Gulf War? I don't agree that we 'won' the 1st Gulf War primarily because Colin Powell won the point about not invading Baghdad. By not going into Baghdad and toppling Saddam then, I say we lost that one too. The Middle East and history would be much different today if the incompetent General Powell wasn't around offering this 'sage' advice.

And since the 1st Gulf War loss, 26 years ago, how many of these later wars were won by Mattis, Kelly, and that pseudo tough guy trio of McMasters, Allen and Petraeus?? Again the answer is none.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #48
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Mike Pence, Mattis, and Kelly begged Tillerson to stay in July.

All is not well in Camelot.

Story Here

Mattis also contradicts the President on the Iran Deal.

Story Here

I predict Rex Tillerson is gone by the first month of 2018, if not sooner.

He's a cinch and a mortal lock to leave way, way before the great first term of Trump's end.

You can go to the bank on this. Again, I repeat: Tillerson is a mortal lock to be gone, sooner or later is up to him.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:21 PM   #49
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
I don't agree that we 'won' the 1st Gulf War primarily because Colin Powell won the point about not invading Baghdad. By not going into Baghdad and toppling Saddam then, I say we lost that one too.
Many in the George H. W. Bush administration, including those in the intelligence community, opposed going into Baghdad, and the president agreed with them. One of the primary reasons was that they knew that the elimination of Saddam would lead to wide-spread sectarian violence. We would be right in the middle of it, and we had no ideas or plans on how to deal with it.

Quote:

And since the 1st Gulf War loss, 26 years ago, how many of these later wars were won by Mattis, Kelly, and that pseudo tough guy trio of McMasters, Allen and Petraeus?? Again the answer is none.
And the Commander in Chief had no role in the outcomes of those wars? Or Vietnam?
Old 10-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #50
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Many in the George H. W. Bush administration, including those in the intelligence community, opposed going into Baghdad, and the president agreed with them. One of the primary reasons was that they knew that the elimination of Saddam would lead to wide-spread sectarian violence. We would be right in the middle of it, and we had no ideas or plans on how to deal with it.

And the Commander in Chief had no role in the outcomes of those wars? Or Vietnam?

Too often, decisions by the President are made through the prism of politics, and nothing less.

On that note, what makes you think G.H.W. Bush knew what the hell he was doing in the first place? The same can be said of his son, W. Bush.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:12 PM   #51
Clocker

Quote:
[/B]

Too often, decisions by the President are made through the prism of politics, and nothing less.
You mean like Trump's debt deal with Chuck and Nancy?

Quote:
On that note, what makes you think G.H.W. Bush knew what the hell he was doing in the first place? The same can be said of his son, W. Bush.
I would say that W's plunge into the morass of sectarian violence in Iraq proved that Papa Bush knew what the hell he was doing in avoiding that.

What makes you think that we could have taken down Saddam and gone home and lived happily ever after?
Old 10-04-2017, 04:14 PM   #52
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
(1) You mean like Trump's debt deal with Chuck and Nancy?

(2) I would say that W's plunge into the morass of sectarian violence in Iraq proved that Papa Bush knew what the hell he was doing in avoiding that.

(3) What makes you think that we could have taken down Saddam and gone home and lived happily ever after?
(1) I am sure you believe people can't sleep at night worrying over Chuck and Nancy ... maybe you do, being so obsessed over such trivial matters ... The rest of us don't.

(2) Not going into Baghdad and removing Saddam simply showed the world we are a paper tiger. GHW Bush listening to a clown like Powell showed me what a jerk he was. Bush I's lack of balls then is the underlying cause for every subsequent problem we've faced in the Middle East since. Bush II's own lack of brains and balls was the reason for his downfall. IMO, he would have been a one termer if 9-11 didn't happen. In 2004 Bush vs. a traitor during war time was a no brainer. Following dad's advise was folly, even if you think otherwise.

(3) Well if you think we wouldn't have been able to take down Saddam in 1992 ... then once more ... you're showing us what little you actually do know about the subjects you constantly comment.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:15 PM   #53
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
But he didn't deny calling him a moron.

Politico

Why can't you admit it? He is at odds with senior members of his cabinet... routinely. Everything you post on here is a personal attack against me without ever actually taking a stand.

Back to the thread topic. I think that Tillerson stays on through maybe the end of the year. China trip coming up should be interesting!
Just saw Rex and his staffer's reply. It appears you're incorrect here. His staffer flat out stated he didn't call trump a moron or any derogatory name.

This nonsense reminds me of another poster here predicting that pence would drop from trumps ticket back in July or August before the convention. That turned out to be nonsense too. For some reason that poster didn't backtrack, went down guns flaming on the fake news.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #54
ElKabong

Quote:

I predict Rex Tillerson is gone by the first month of 2018, if not sooner.

He's a cinch and a mortal lock to leave way, way before the great first term of Trump's end.

You can go to the bank on this. Again, I repeat: Tillerson is a mortal lock to be gone, sooner or later is up to him.
I disagree, we'll check back on Jan 1 to see how it turns out. Either way, I won't lose sleep over it.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #55
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Just saw Rex and his staffer's reply. It appears you're incorrect here. His staffer flat out stated he didn't call trump a moron or any derogatory name.

This nonsense reminds me of another poster here predicting that pence would drop from trumps ticket back in July or August before the convention. That turned out to be nonsense too. For some reason that poster didn't backtrack, went down guns flaming on the fake news.

Rex Tillerson is by any measure what is called a man of action, I think that his commitment is genuine to accomplishing something big in his charter as Sectary of State. Combine a hateful Millennial with fake news and garbage threads become plentiful like this one.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2017, 09:53 PM   #56
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Rex Tillerson is by any measure what is called a man of action, I think that his commitment is genuine to accomplishing something big in his charter as Sectary of State. Combine a hateful Millennial with fake news and garbage threads become plentiful like this one.
I'm now a hateful millennial.

To the contrary I'm merely posting stuff and commenting on a situation that is clear to anyone wishing to see it. Despite what you may think I do not want Tillerson to resign but I don't see at this point how he can remain at State. I'd personally like to see him stay because I do agree with him on virtually every issue he has publicly disagreed with the President on... and there are many.

I do want Tillerson to accomplish something great and that to me is preventing our President from running roughshod over our foreign policy. I'm just not that optimistic about it.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2017, 10:08 PM   #57
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

What a maroon !!

Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2017, 12:13 PM   #58
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I disagree, we'll check back on Jan 1 to see how it turns out. Either way, I won't lose sleep over it.
I won't lose sleep either, Kabong.

Tillerson is just another over-rated too big to fail executive who is used to getting his own way without question. Same can be said about these generals Trump loves so much.

But it really would be nice if some of these Cabinet secretaries actually voted for Trump.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:19 PM   #59
BaffertsWig

On being called a "moron" by Tillerson in front of senior White House officials:

"I think it's fake news. But if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win."

You can't make this stuff up, folks...
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #60
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaffertsWig View Post
On being called a "moron" by Tillerson in front of senior White House officials:

"I think it's fake news. But if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win."

You can't make this stuff up, folks...
It's no wonder all these snowflakes worship him.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: