Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-08-2018, 08:41 AM   #1
ZippyChippy423
Veteran

Simulcapper info?

Several years ago there was a website simulcapper.com that I used with a high success rate. The owner decided to stop the website but sent his system picks a few times a year for KD and BC through email. I have not heard from him the last few years. My question is does anyone know if someone uses his formula but on a different website? If I remember correctly I think his name was Gordon.
ZippyChippy423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 10:31 PM   #2
ZippyChippy423
Veteran

Nope his name was Gordon McPherson. Not sure if he still handicaps the races but his FTS ratings system and website simulcapper.com was awesome.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:19 AM   #3
Fingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 View Post
Several years ago there was a website simulcapper.com that I used with a high success rate. The owner decided to stop the website but sent his system picks a few times a year for KD and BC through email. I have not heard from him the last few years. My question is does anyone know if someone uses his formula but on a different website? If I remember correctly I think his name was Gordon.

That's someone I haven't thought about in many years. Gord & I used to email from when his site was free to when he made it pay. Forget the names of the categories but the last one was "FTS" & you could almost always find the winner in his top 5. Mentioned that to Gord & he took it further by making 5's in every category.

He did a system upgrade that didn't take too well- I remember being up in the clubhouse mezz at Santa Anita, Trevor is calling a race down the hill & I'm looking at the sheet trying to find the horse. Except this upgrade decided to put horses with post #'s below 5 in the next race which made the sheet useless. I'm sure he lost many if not all subscribers after that happened a couple times.

It wasn't long after that he wrote me saying he was stopping because he was getting up in age & then because he could never get the program to put the right entrants in the correct races. Said his Son would be doing the sheet & for a couple years he did special days like for the Triple Crown & the BC.

If I recall he used to live on Berry Island in Canada.
Fingal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2018, 07:36 AM   #4
ZippyChippy423
Veteran

Well i did some googling and found an obit that Gord passed away in 2012. He was a very active man with many hobbies and of course handicapping the races was one of them. I checked my email and the last time i recieved the BC picks was in 2015 three years after died. I guess you are correct the son must have taken it over but then suddenly stop. It would be awesome to get my hands on that system he used... the one before the updates.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
pandy

Simulcapper was a pretty cool website and the ratings were solid.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: