Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-31-2018, 07:45 PM   #46
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
By my standard yes...

Fiscal Conservative?

Pro-capitalist?

Smaller Government?
Oh...so that's why he has so many enemies in the GOP -- because he's just like the RINO establishment that shares the Swamp with their sleazy Dimwit cousins, heh?
Old 06-01-2018, 03:31 AM   #47
hcap

Quote:
I disagree...

It certainly appears that pulling one weed discovers about 5 more that we can agree on.

However, I think that he will attempt to consolidate any efforts or release findings by the end of summer.

The investigation may not end but either it needs to go into hibernation and release material before the real campaign cycle starts up.
The DOJ policy is officially to not release anything to influence an election, so I agree he will "hibernate."

However there is much going on we are not privy to.

From Muellers office:
Mueller Filing: Probe Is Ongoing With ‘Multiple Lines Of Non-Public Inquiry’

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...lawsuit-filing

Special Counsel Robert Mueller stressed that his investigation into Russian election meddling was ongoing and consisted of “multiple lines of non-public inquiry,” in a court filing Wednesday evening in a lawsuit brought by media companies seeking the release of certain records related to the probe.

“Many aspects of the investigation are factually and legally interconnected: they involve overlapping courses of conduct, relationships, and events, and they rely on similar sources, methods, and techniques,” the special counsel said. “The investigation is not complete and its details remain non-public.”

....“The fact that certain charges have been brought does not imply that the Special Counsel’s investigation into the assigned matters is closed,” Mueller said, arguing against the release of the records. “Nor does it imply that the search warrant materials could be unsealed at this time without creating a serious risk of jeopardizing the ongoing and interconnected aspects of the investigation.”
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 03:36 AM   #48
hcap

Furthermore....

There have been other indications in court documents and elsewhere that Mueller’s investigation was chugging along. But it is rare to see Mueller’s own lawyers say so as a robustly as they did in Wednesday’s filing:

The filling:

Old 06-01-2018, 04:04 AM   #49
hcap

Obstruction in plain sight. A corrupt attempt to block Sessions.

Quote:
Trump Told Jeff Sessions He'd Be a 'Hero' if He Took over the Russia Probe and Went After Hillary Clinton: Report
https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...and-went-after

President Donald Trump's efforts to convince Attorney General Jeff Sessions to withdraw his recusal from the Russia investigation and other campaign-related investigations were much deeper and extensive than has previously been revealed, according to a new report from Axios.

....Trump has said that he thinks his attorney general's responsibilities include protecting the president.

The Times reports that special counsel Robert Mueller is investigating Trump for obstruction of justice related to the Russia investigation, and the effort to convince Sessions to withdraw his recusal may play a part in that case.

I might add firing of Comey launched the Mueller investigation.
Delving into obstruction is not finished yet, as we see daily.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:15 AM   #50
hcap

Trump 'Continues to Obstruct Justice in Broad Daylight': Democratic Lawmaker Explains How Mueller's Case Keeps Getting Stronger

Old 06-01-2018, 04:23 AM   #51
hcap

Quote:
I disagree...

It certainly appears that pulling one weed discovers about 5 more that we can agree on.
Weeds?

New Hints That Mueller’s Manafort Probe Is Going Beyond Ukraine Charges

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...kraine-charges

Mueller has quite a bit more to disclose. This is not weed-like

This is collusion-like
Old 06-01-2018, 06:49 AM   #52
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Weeds?

This is collusion-like
Too bad the FBI spies didn't collude with Hillary. She'd be your queen now and you'd have a brown nose.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:49 AM   #53
djm1959

Smile

i like the 3 in the opener thats way more important!!! then on to race 2!!!
djm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 08:20 AM   #54
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Weeds?

This is collusion-like
I'm sure there will be collusion charges. I just don't think Trump will be implicated in any of that. You need a hot smoking gun for those kind of things and avalanches typically fall downhill not up.

Coupled with the fact you have to prove intent... it's hard unless you have glaring evidence. Personally, I think Trump is too dumb to be involved in such plans while too smart to be close to it.

People in power have minions for that.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 08:31 AM   #55
woodtoo

Quote:
I'm sure there will be collusion charges. I just don't think Trump will be implicated in any of that. You need a hot smoking gun for those kind of things and avalanches typically fall downhill not up.

Coupled with the fact you have to prove intent... it's hard unless you have glaring evidence. Personally, I think Trump is too dumb to be involved in such plans while too smart to be close to it.

I can guarantee there will be no collusion charges, since collusion is not a crime
The fact you think Trump is dumb is beyond laughable, compared to every one on this board he is pure genius!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 08:42 AM   #56
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
I can guarantee there will be no collusion charges, since collusion is not a crime
The fact you think Trump is dumb is beyond laughable, compared to every one on this board he is pure genius!
Well...almost everyone.

But the just the fact that the Dimwit narrative, including the MSM, DOJ and FBI has been Trump-Russia-Collusion shows plainly how stuck-on-stupid they are for pushing a narrative that is not criminal.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:49 AM   #57
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Fine call it money-laundering... its more serious anyway.

Manafort, Cohen, Flynn, Gates... that's hardly nobody...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #58
woodtoo

Quote:
Fine call it money-laundering... its more serious anyway.

Manafort, Cohen, Flynn, Gates... that's hardly nobody...
Money laundering? Like Hillarys State Department/Foundation pay to play.

You forgot Papadopoulos. He also made false statement to the FBI along with
Flynn and Gates. Do you know how easy that is?
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 09:42 AM   #59
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Trump 'Continues to Obstruct Justice in Broad Daylight': Democratic Lawmaker Explains How Mueller's Case Keeps Getting Stronger

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...54167831846912

if this was factual then President Trump would be charged. They need to charge these msm with obstruction
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #60
hcap

Quote:

The Russians have been playing him. Starting with money invested in his real estate businesses, Russian mob involvement, the beauty contest and his desire to build a grand hotel in Moscow. His ego and greed pulled him along with them. He was a fish hooked by Russian fishermen.

He certainly pursued and knew of these "business" involvements. He may have eased up after he was warned by US intel agencies when becoming the repug. candidate.

Whether or not he actively colluded (conspired) or knew members of his campaign staff did at the time they did, remains a serious topic for Mueller, but his more recent actions point to a cover up after the fact. So yes he may have been too dumb to commit the crime of conspiracy, obstruction of those crimes is pretty clear and the corrupt attempt to hide his gigantic mess may be corroborated by those that have already flipped, and those about to flip.

Manafort and Cohen are two we know of.

Last edited by hcap; 06-01-2018 at 09:46 AM.