Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-04-2018, 12:47 AM   #1
BrentT

** Delta Jackpot Cancelled**

Good news for any Louisiana Horseman that may be on here. I know the fights been on for this and it finally passed. Good move in my opinion, it’s just not right for them to give 2 million away in one day and 80-90% of it all goes out of state. Now for the last piece of the puzzle, transfer the 5 million from Delta to Evangeline to help the summer meet.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com...v_BAA31.mailto
BrentT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 06:56 AM   #2
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentT View Post
Good news for any Louisiana Horseman that may be on here. I know the fights been on for this and it finally passed. Good move in my opinion, it’s just not right for them to give 2 million away in one day and 80-90% of it all goes out of state. Now for the last piece of the puzzle, transfer the 5 million from Delta to Evangeline to help the summer meet.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com...v_BAA31.mailto
So will the LA horsemen now promise to not treat their horses like sh** given all the extra money they're getting?

The Delta Jackpot was about the only thing that made LA (outside of the Fair Grounds) relevant in the racing world. So good job!
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #3
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #4
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
So will the LA horsemen now promise to not treat their horses like sh** given all the extra money they're getting?
Your statement implies a public awareness of a situation in Louisiana that reflects poorly on the sport. I was told last week by the Asst. Director of the Louisiana Racing Commission that the Commission had no authority to prevent a licensed owner or trainer from racing at any La. track absent a violation of Commission rules. However, last night I came across this little jewel. It seems to me that the "detrimental to the best interests of racing" might be the phrase that the Director is overlooking (or, more likely, ignoring).

§521.Refusal Based on Conduct
A. The commission may refuse to license or revoke the license of an applicant whose previous conduct in Louisiana or elsewhere in connection with horse racing is considered by the commission to have been objectionable, obnoxious or detrimental to the best interest of racing.
AUTHORITY NOTE: Promulgated in accordance with R.S. 4:148 and R.S. 4:150.Louisiana Administrative Code October 2017100
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
BrentT

Quote:

The Delta Jackpot was about the only thing that made LA (outside of the Fair Grounds) relevant in the racing world. So good job!
To imply that everyone does that is nonsense, there been a few bad apples that have sold horses to to someone that sent them to kill pens, yes they should be banned and ruled off if you ask me. And it was talked about at the recent commission meeting on April 24, and don’t worry the news was there, I believe a CBS station is running a story.

And the Jackpot did nothing except to let money be taken out of state, which is silly. That’s the first sign of change for the better, you got to start somewhere. They are going to use this extra money to put it into Evangeline races to boost the purses there.

Also, I have actually helped Dina(icareihelp) when possible and would/will always

Last edited by BrentT; 05-04-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
BrentT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
Your statement implies a public awareness of a situation in Louisiana that reflects poorly on the sport. I was told last week by the Asst. Director of the Louisiana Racing Commission that the Commission had no authority to prevent a licensed owner or trainer from racing at any La. track absent a violation of Commission rules. However, last night I came across this little jewel. It seems to me that the "detrimental to the best interests of racing" might be the phrase that the Director is overlooking (or, more likely, ignoring).

§521.Refusal Based on Conduct
A. The commission may refuse to license or revoke the license of an applicant whose previous conduct in Louisiana or elsewhere in connection with horse racing is considered by the commission to have been objectionable, obnoxious or detrimental to the best interest of racing.
AUTHORITY NOTE: Promulgated in accordance with R.S. 4:148 and R.S. 4:150.Louisiana Administrative Code October 2017100
Yes they should use that and boot some of the jackasses out that have directly or indirectly sent horses to kill pens.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #7
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentT View Post
To imply that everyone does that is nonsense, there been a few bad apples that have sold horses to to someone that sent them to kill pens, yes they should be banned and ruled off if you ask me. And it was talked about at the recent commission meeting on April 24, and don’t worry the news was there, I believe a CBS station is running a story.

And the Jackpot did nothing except to let money be taken out of state, which is silly. That’s the first sign of change for the better, you got to start somewhere. They are going to use this extra money to put it into Evangeline races to boost the purses there.

Also, I have actually helped Dina(icareihelp) when possible and would/will always
So the Kentucky derby should be limited to trainers and owners based at Churchill downs? That's ridiculous. All graded stakes races or big money races bring in top horses from around the country. That is what you want if you want to grow your racing program to be something besides bottom of the barrel racing.

And do your homework about Dina. There is proof via a written report and photos from the rescue that took in Tumult that under former Stanley brothers employee Hal Parker he was starved, injured, and needed vet and farrier attention to the tune of a $1900 donor grant to that rescue in PA. Give your donations to someone actually taking proper care of their horses, not Hal Parker whose picketing around $15k a month and barely feeding them and certainly doing nothing more.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:45 PM   #8
Quesmark

Quote:
So the Kentucky derby should be limited to trainers and owners based at Churchill downs? That's ridiculous. All graded stakes races or big money races bring in top horses from around the country. That is what you want if you want to grow your racing program to be something besides bottom of the barrel racing.
Bad comparison,Churchill brings in exponentially more money from out of state bettors than they pay out in purses Oaks/Derby week,Delta is the opposite the purses paid out on Delta Jackpot day aren't recouped through increased wagering.
Another source of profits is the huge crowds on Derby day spending on many other things like admission,concessions etc,racing fans aren't breaking down the doors and filling the plant to the brim on Delta Jackpot day.
Quesmark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #9
jay68802

keeping the money in the state? Look at all the racino's, over 40% of the purses go out of state anyway. Figure they will have $5000 N2L claimers running for $25,000 now.

Use the money to attract new fans, or , maybe lower the take out. Ha, this will never happen, it will just line the pockets of horsemen and the tracks.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 01:00 PM   #10
dilanesp

Quote:

And do your homework about Dina. There is proof via a written report and photos from the rescue that took in Tumult that under former Stanley brothers employee Hal Parker he was starved, injured, and needed vet and farrier attention to the tune of a $1900 donor grant to that rescue in PA. Give your donations to someone actually taking proper care of their horses, not Hal Parker whose picketing around $15k a month and barely feeding them and certainly doing nothing more.
I agree with Fager. There are good reasons to host big stakes races
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 02:06 PM   #11
Mulerider

Quote:

What Pa. rescue was that?
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #12
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
What Pa. rescue was that?
Look up Dawn Mellen on Facebook (After the Finish Line), her post of May 1 at 12:39pm. That's Tumult. The horse that didn't need saving until he went to Hal Parker's.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:24 PM   #13
BrentT

Quote:

I never said that, and the derby is a whole different animal.
Plenty of delta money leaves the state, cox, asmussen, stall, Calhoun, diodoro, and so on, that’s not my point, my point is they shouldn’t have big days for those that don’t support the circuit at all. I’m fine with any of those stated above or many of the others that support the meets winning.

You start shelling out 3-4K a month for numerous horses expenses and you would have a different tone I’m sure.

And what have you done to save or rescue any horses since your speaking terrible of others? Let’s see your resume
Old 05-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #14
jay68802

WTFU!

Means wake the F$%k up.

The Delta Jackpot was a great attraction for your state. This is just another money grab by the "horsemen" of Louisiana. You are saying that you would rather have "VET" trainers focus on your state's racing for MONEY.

Read some of my posts. I have supported the racing in that state for a long time. Just waiting for some good news now. Want to see my resume? Check out E and L Farms Inc. If it is not already out there, there is a horse from LA here, and is being trained to be a husker fan.

This blame game that racing in your state is sickening. And the greed is worse.

Use the money for something other than purse's, do some good with it.

Don't just say "F%#k you" to the fan's of your racing.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 11:26 PM   #15
BrentT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
WTFU!

Means wake the F$%k up.

The Delta Jackpot was a great attraction for your state. This is just another money grab by the "horsemen" of Louisiana. You are saying that you would rather have "VET" trainers focus on your state's racing for MONEY.

Read some of my posts. I have supported the racing in that state for a long time. Just waiting for some good news now. Want to see my resume? Check out E and L Farms Inc. If it is not already out there, there is a horse from LA here, and is being trained to be a husker fan.

This blame game that racing in your state is sickening. And the greed is worse.

Use the money for something other than purse's, do some good with it.

Don't just say "F%#k you" to the fan's of your racing.
First off, if you’re doing something to rehome race horses I applaud you and would refer donations your way. I have great admiration for people that do that work

On the quote:
I don’t think it’s an attraction in a city of 4000, it brings out no one extra.

And the blame game, I have no idea what you’re speaking of, I don’t blame anyone but myself if I screw up.

And I don’t have a “vet” trainer, nor do I know any. I may speculate and think some are doing something fishy, but I have no proof, just like you don’t. It’s all speculation till proven otherwise. Do you say the same about guys like chad brown, bob baffert, brad cox, Tom Amos’s, etc? Are they “Vet” trainers? And can you explain to me what exactly a “Vet” trainer is.

Last edited by BrentT; 05-04-2018 at 11:37 PM.