Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #736
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
No 1st degree murder charge. That's a big deal.

It takes a grand jury to file 1st deg murder
At this point, the DA would be happy getting a spitting on the sidewalk charge to stick. Doesn't matter at this point. The governor is going to win out, no matter the outcome. He did everything that was politically correct so that he could protect himself politically. If the DA gets an outcome of guilty on a lesser charge, that would be gravy on this mess. Not only has the racial spin aspect unraveled to the chagrin of the leftists and media, but it appears the case itself might be coming apart.

Boxcar
Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #737
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yeah...we should all jump for joy that a 17yo was shot dead for allegedly punching a guy in the nose.

Ya'll can explain to me a million times how this doesn't qualify AT THE VERY LEAST as chargeable manslaughter, and I still won't buy it GIVEN WHAT IS ACTUALLY KNOWN ABOUT THIS CASE TO DATE.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #738
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Not only that, but I would be missed.

Boxcar
You should post a poll on that one!

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #739
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
This is where Chickie blows a gasket and raises questions of anti-social behavior.
Quote:
Why is he going to buy tacos WITH A GUN? That's anti-social behavior.
You're kind of like Zimmerman-lite in this thread, you've been spazzing out all over the place, for dozens of pages, twisting peoples words, talking paranoid delusions about millions of people chasing people up and down streets with guns every day being safe normal neighborly behavior, posting now about a retarded getting shot as if makes your case in some insane way, thinking your gonna catch someone here in something, I don't know what.

You've done good work, Big-Z. I submit if it means you'll stop talking.

*head pat*

Now go put on your batman jammies and go to bed.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #740
bigmack

Chickie using 'Zimmerman' as a pejorative now.

Chickie using 'retarded' showing his vast 1981 nomenclature. Very undudelike, dude.

Chickie couldn't for the life of him show 'dozens of pages, twisting peoples words, talking paranoid delusions.'

Chickie an outraged coward with no outlet for his anger but little ole me.

HOA for Zimm's complex released today documents saying if anyone needed help to contact the borderline psychotic, according
to Chickie, Zimmerman.

Chickie mad he make case about dude hunting with gun, when he and many others always have gun.

Chickie funny.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #741
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
when he and many others always have gun.

If you are going to carry a gun somewhere you can't go using it every time you get your ass kicked.

Especially when you GO TO INVESTIGATE an unfamiliar person walking through your neighborhood.

When you go to buy TACOS, unless you are homicidal, there is very little RESPONSIBILITY needed.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #742
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

You got the villain. Nailed him.

Parade is tomorrow.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #743
Pell Mell
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Yeah...we should all jump for joy that a 17yo was shot dead for allegedly punching a guy in the nose.

Ya'll can explain to me a million times how this doesn't qualify AT THE VERY LEAST as chargeable manslaughter, and I still won't buy it GIVEN WHAT IS ACTUALLY KNOWN ABOUT THIS CASE TO DATE.
Having lived there I know it is almost impossible for someone from , let's say, the north east to understand but actually, down in this part of the country, FL,GA, Tn,etc. where there is a Stand Your Ground law, one doesn't have to wait to be hit. All they have to do is have a reasonable belief of a threat.

If you shoot someone under those circumstances and it's legal what does the crime of manslaughter arise from?

Try reading the law and find a case where someone shot another LEGALLY and then was found guilty of manslaughter. I can't find one.

From Wiki:

A stand-your-ground law states that a person may use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of a threat, without an obligation to retreat first. In some cases, a person may use deadly force in public areas without a duty to retreat. Under these legal concepts, a person is justified in using deadly force in certain situations and the "stand your ground" law would be a defense or immunity to criminal charges and civil suit. The difference between immunity and a defense is that an immunity bars suit, charges, detention and arrest. A defense permits a plaintiff or the state to seek civil damages or a criminal conviction. More than half of the states in the United States have adopted the Castle doctrine, stating that a person has no duty to retreat when their home is attacked. Some states go a step further, removing the duty of retreat from any location. "Stand Your Ground", "Line In The Sand" or "No Duty To Retreat" laws thus state that a person has no duty or other requirement to abandon a place in which he has a right to be, or to give up ground to an assailant. Under such laws, there is no duty to retreat from anywhere the defender may legally be.[1] Other restrictions may still exist; when in public, a person must be carrying the firearm in a legal manner, whether concealed or openly.

Only in NY and NJ and others like them does the law say you have to take a beating..
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #744
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So down there in FLA...if I walk up to you and fake like I'm gonna punch you in the face, you can shoot me dead on the spot and walk away free as a bird?

Deadly force vs. a fake right-hook?

I don't think so...

Can you shoot me for pushing you? How about if I yell just a little too loudly for your liking? Put a bullet right between my eyes?

That ought to shut me up.

Come on man...you guys keep throwing this law at me, but nowhere does it say you can shoot someone dead for throwing a punch at you.

Quote:
justified in using deadly force in certain situations
How about telling me what situations one would be justified down in FLA...without throwing all this legalese my way.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-09-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #745
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhead
You got the villain. Nailed him.

Parade is tomorrow.
Now we're talkin'. Gettin' to chewy nougat of what's on your mind.

If someone takes the position of:
- What can you charge Zim with that'll stick?
- TM had something to do with him being shot
- This has NEVER been about race (Except for dolts)
- Georgie overreacted. He FREAKED OUT. 'Heat of battle' I think they cawl it.
- Gun permit dudes LOVE to pack. Anyone portraying he got his gun and went hunting is delusional. He was going grocery shopping with his gun.
We got a neighborhood watch dude, who tutors underprivileged kids on the weekends, who got into a situation and used his gun in the heat of the moment.

Chickie goes 'punk' and boxes anyone who doesn't see why Zimmerman isn't doing life by now, as celebrating a villain.

Goof accuses others of putting words in their mouths and he enters the ring with that pile of dung.

It was a tragedy for all. Perhaps there is NO VILLAIN?

I just hope those who are in the most pain from this, like Chicky, will see justice to their satisfaction. Because they need satisfaction.

Oh the righteousness.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #746
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

In Florida, manslaughter, defined as: The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder . . . is a second degree felony punishable by up to 15 years in state prison regardless of whether the act may have been intentional or not.[2] If manslaughter is committed upon a child via culpable negligence under FL statute 827.03(3), then the crime is aggravated manslaughter of a child which is a first degree felony punishable by up to 30 years in state prison.[3] The penalty is the same if it is committed upon the elderly or disabled. Also, under the 10-20-Life system, if a firearm is used in any way then the penalty will be raised to the next degree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manslaughter
Old 04-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #747
Pell Mell
Veteran

Quote:
So down there in FLA...if I walk up to you and fake like I'm gonna punch you in the face, you can shoot me dead on the spot and walk away free as a bird?

Deadly force vs. a fake right-hook?

I don't think so...

Can you shoot me for pushing you? How about if I yell just a little too loudly for your liking? Put a bullet right between my eyes?

That ought to shut me up.

Come on man...you guys keep throwing this law at me, but nowhere does it say you can shoot someone dead for throwing a punch at you.
Go read the statute. If you don't think your in danger of bodily harm when someone throws a punch at you, your nuts. Lots of people get killed from a punch or the result of getting punched and crushing their head on something like a sidewalk. I saw a guy killed when he was punched on a dance floor and fell hitting his head.

Suppose your walking down a street at night and a guy is coming toward you and says "Hey Man" and keeps coming toward you. You realize he's up to no good so you turn to run, as your supposed to do where you live, and here's his buddy behind you. Now they haven't done anything...Yet...but you sure as hell feel threatened...the odds are you are going to get robbed and now a days they usually aren't satisfied with just robbing you, they may just kill you.

That ain't happening to me...I may let them know I'm packing and tell them to keep away but if they move toward me I'm gonna let em have it.

Of course we don't have those problems because it's common knowledge that a lot of folks carry guns...especially those 80-90 yr old farmers and they will shoot you...one caveat to this..if you do shoot, make sure they are dead..
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #748
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
No 1st degree murder charge. That's a big deal.

It takes a grand jury to file 1st deg murder
I was thinking this exact same thing when I read there would be no Grand Jury.
Either the DA thinks they would have a hard time convincing a Grand Jury, or they think the Grand Jury would be so biased.......
Either way, now they can not ask for death I believe.
The DA is under obvious pressure to bring charges.....maybe this is the easy way out for all parties (with all due respect to the family).
Zimm gets charged with something non death penalty....
His attorney gets him to accept maybe ten years or so.....
Family feels somewhat that justice has been done as Zimm is arrested and put in Jail....
Maybe they are just hoping for this to go quiet into the night.
I really thought, as I mentioned earlier, they would have trouble seating a grand jury......it will be even harder on the regular jury.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #749
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell Mell
Go read the statute. If you don't think your in danger of bodily harm when someone throws a punch at you, your nuts. Lots of people get killed from a punch or the result of getting punched and crushing their head on something like a sidewalk. I saw a guy killed when he was punched on a dance floor and fell hitting his head.

Suppose your walking down a street at night and a guy is coming toward you and says "Hey Man" and keeps coming toward you. You realize he's up to no good so you turn to run, as your supposed to do where you live, and here's his buddy behind you. Now they haven't done anything...Yet...but you sure as hell feel threatened...the odds are you are going to get robbed and now a days they usually aren't satisfied with just robbing you, they may just kill you.

That ain't happening to me...I may let them know I'm packing and tell them to keep away but if they move toward me I'm gonna let em have it.

Of course we don't have those problems because it's common knowledge that a lot of folks carry guns...especially those 80-90 yr old farmers and they will shoot you...one caveat to this..if you do shoot, make sure they are dead..
Yes, thousands of folks are dying every day from fisticuffs.

I mean, just look at boxers. They're dropping like flies. Granted, they wear gloves, but still...

Is this a joke?

And let's not forget, this was NOT an unprovoked attack. That fact has been established. Zim wasn't just minding his own business when he was jumped from out of the blue. He was the instigator.

What if Martin felt threatened? How does "Stand Your Ground" apply to him now that he's dead?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-09-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #750
bigmack

Quote:
That's what I've wondered but apparently no one can answer it. Go figa.

How come you sitting next to me in the stands of a Bears game continually shouting for a call you want them to call when the Refs heads are still stuck in that review screen thingamajiggy?

You're bustin' my eardrums and you're having no effect on the outcome?

Have some nachos and chill.