Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #16
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

maybe

the poly surface is dictating all of this...perhaps a change of heart and figures to come out of the race well in this final prep.
Racey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
Pell Mell
Veteran

My opinion is they didn't want to tangle with Gemologist...now they can try to handle Dullahan and probably Howe Great...dodge ball..
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
He won't win on polytrack at 9f at this point in his career. Dumb move, unless he doesn't care about winning.
I'm wondering what your rationale is behind that statement. He has already won, in fact dominated, twice on polytrack. He has won three times at a mile and a sixteenth, including beating Union Rags in the top juvenile race of last year. He has proven classic horses in his pedigree. His dosage numbers indicate he has the right combination of speed and stamina.

It seems to me that the only things that people are basing the idea that he can't go long are the fact that he runs fast and that his sire, Tapit never raced at further than a mile and a sixteenth.

I guess we will know on April 14 who is right and who is wrong.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell Mell
My opinion is they didn't want to tangle with Gemologist...now they can try to handle Dullahan and probably Howe Great...dodge ball..
And now Alpha can run in New York since he won't have to face Hansen. They all dodge other horses during the prep season.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #20
Leparoux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
I don't care. Change your mind as often as you change your panties, I don't care. But, if its because your jock is injured, say so. Be realistic.

Don't sound silly as sin saying its because Keeneland Racecourse is romantic and that's what you're in the game for and your horse can remain in his own stall when he's shipped, perfectly, from Kentucky to Florida to New York then back to Kentucky.
Ever heard of coach speak?
Leparoux is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #21
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leparoux
Yeah, plenty of it. It ranks right up there with trainer speak, one being about as glib and believable as the other.

Next . . .
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
I'm wondering what your rationale is behind that statement. He has already won, in fact dominated, twice on polytrack. He has won three times at a mile and a sixteenth, including beating Union Rags in the top juvenile race of last year. He has proven classic horses in his pedigree. His dosage numbers indicate he has the right combination of speed and stamina.

It seems to me that the only things that people are basing the idea that he can't go long are the fact that he runs fast and that his sire, Tapit never raced at further than a mile and a sixteenth.

I'll answer even though last time I answered your post about basketball where you said I was wrong, you disappeared after I proved I was right. I have a long memory.

I have seen enough of Hansen to believe he isn't the type of horse that will rate well enough to be effective going 9f against G1 types on Polytrack. It has nothing to do with his breeding, it is his running style and the Keeneland surface. I also don't think he has improved much at all from 2 to 3, something that happens to a lot of top 2yo horses. He'll be a short price in any case, so I'll be eager to bet against him. I'll post more when we know which horses are actually in the race.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #23
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leparoux
What is the point of using coach speak with a horse?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #24
sandpit

Quote:

Tapit ran in the Kentucky Derby.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #25
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
What is the point of using coach speak with a horse?
now that's funny!

Btw, i had some serious romantic feelings on coed day at keeneland a few years ago......multiple times.........
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #26
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpit
Tapit ran in the Kentucky Derby.
He did indeed. Finished ninth. Which does not mean he cannot sire a horse capable of winning at a mile and an eighth or even a mile and a quarter.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #27
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I'll answer even though last time I answered your post about basketball where you said I was wrong, you disappeared after I proved I was right. I have a long memory.

I have seen enough of Hansen to believe he isn't the type of horse that will rate well enough to be effective going 9f against G1 types on Polytrack. It has nothing to do with his breeding, it is his running style and the Keeneland surface. I also don't think he has improved much at all from 2 to 3, something that happens to a lot of top 2yo horses. He'll be a short price in any case, so I'll be eager to bet against him. I'll post more when we know which horses are actually in the race.
He seemed to rate pretty well in the Gotham. You're too young to remember a horse called Swoon's Son. He had even more of a sprinter's pedigree than Hansen. Yet they taught him to rate and he won the American Derby at 1 3/16 miles and twice finished second in the mile and a quarter Hawthorne Gold Cup. The horse that beat him both times? Round Table. The thing is you seemed so certain he could not win. Later you said you would reserve judgement until you learn who is in the race. That is what I am going to do.

As for the basketball thing, I disagree that you proved me wrong. I will have some additional comments in that thread no later than tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #28
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
He seemed to rate pretty well in the Gotham. You're too young to remember a horse called Swoon's Son. He had even more of a sprinter's pedigree than Hansen. Yet they taught him to rate and he won the American Derby at 1 3/16 miles and twice finished second in the mile and a quarter Hawthorne Gold Cup. The horse that beat him both times? Round Table. The thing is you seemed so certain he could not win. Later you said you would reserve judgement until you learn who is in the race. That is what I am going to do.

As for the basketball thing, I disagree that you proved me wrong. I will have some additional comments in that thread no later than tomorrow.
When they have run this many times, I don't need pedigree. We'll see I guess, but I'm betting my opinion.

As for the basketball, I said the Thunder won five games in six nights. They did. You said they didn't. To say I am wrong is borderline insane, don't you think?

Here is the link to the post you ignored:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...2&postcount=10

Feel free to address that there, not here please...not that there is much you can say.

Last edited by cj; 03-23-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 AM   #29
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
When they have run this many times, I don't need pedigree. We'll see I guess, but I'm betting my opinion.

As for the basketball, I said the Thunder won five games in six nights. They did. You said they didn't. To say I am wrong is borderline insane, don't you think?

Here is the link to the post you ignored:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...2&postcount=10

Feel free to address that there, not here please...not that there is much you can say.
I have responded. We were comparing apples and oranges.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:30 AM   #30
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Also maybe something to do with the injury record at Aqueduct? Dr. Hansen believes Hansen does best when he runs regularly, without long layoffs, so the spacing should be OK, though it adds to the Triple Crown grind on the front end.