Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #31
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
As I just asked, I have never seen or heard of that feature on NYRA . So if its there , its very well and deliberately hidden
I called NYRA Bets and talked to a customer service rep who told me "We do not offer that feature at this time."

I do know that text file upload is offered by many other ADWs including TwinSpires, AMWager, PTC, etc. -- and my understanding is that if the ADW offers it, they make it available to every account holder.

In other words text file upload isn't something that's only available to a select/chosen few.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 08-21-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #32
jay68802

I believe that earlier this year the jackpot pick 6 was hit by a $.20 ticket also.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 11:18 PM   #33
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
I called NYRA Bets and talked to a customer service rep who told me "We do not offer that feature at this time."

I do know that text file upload is offered by many other ADWs including TwinSpires, AMWager, PTC, etc. -- and my understanding is that if the ADW offers it, they make it available to every account holder.

In other words text file upload isn't something that's only available to a select/chosen few.

-jp

Was aware other sites offer it. I wrote code for it 10 years ago.

Just saying NYRA , for all the bells and whistles, is badly behind the curve.

They have time for a 360 degree paddock camera but not this?
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 11:21 PM   #34
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
I believe that earlier this year the jackpot pick 6 was hit by a $.20 ticket also.

We'll assume its all legit. There are a lot of folks taking shots, and like the infinite monkeys typing at keyboards, some Shakespeare can sometimes be forthcoming
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 07:26 AM   #35
Copyroomjim

Every once and a while, I bet a 20c P-6 ticket using date of birth and age numbers where I've downloaded PP's and don't make any other bet. It avoids being charged a buck through Twin Spires-Brisnet. Maybe lightening will hit and it saves 80c.
Copyroomjim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 07:37 AM   #36
castaway01

I'd actually lean on the side of it being legit. If some rocket scientist out there could actually past-post a winner, I'd think they'd also have heard of the guys from Drexel and be smart enough to make the bet look plausible. In other news, people hit Powerball at much longer odds each week/month. **** happens.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 07:08 AM   #37
Franco Santiago

If you consider the odds of the horses to be reflective of their probabilities of winning, the odds of picking all of the winners was roughly 2.5 million to 1. While obviously improbable, it can and obviously does happen. People hit the lottery using random numbers and the odds are far greater than 2.5 million to 1.

But that so many people are questioning the legitimacy is the real problem. Perception is reality and the perception among those that play the game frequently is that something stinks. The track should work on communicating facts that prove the legitimacy. Tell us how many bets were made by the same person and tell us how those bets were constructed (not happening because the player might consider the construction of the bets to be part of his/her edge). Basically, tell us SOMETHING to calm our fears of larceny, which we ALL think goes on on some level.

Let's face it...horse racing track management - with few exceptions - is terrible and there is no desire to fix the problems on ANY level. You have known it for years and years despite your voice. Your lobby - whatever that lobby is - for the most part, is highly ineffective. It gets nothing done for you. How many of you think that bitching on this board gets results? Like with the Keeneland takeout thread...you think it is going to make one iota of difference to Keeneland management? Talk of a boycott is laughable. Blah blah blah. They know you are gamblers. They know you'll be back.

So bad and uncaring management coupled with a bad lobby and hard core customers that always come back means things will never improve. All you can really hope for is that by some miracle, they don't get worse.

Sorry for the digression from the topic.

Last edited by Franco Santiago; 08-23-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Franco Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 01:28 PM   #38
AlsoEligible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Santiago View Post
Tell us how many bets were made by the same person and tell us how those bets were constructed (not happening because the player might consider the construction of the bets to be part of his/her edge). Basically, tell us SOMETHING to calm our fears of larceny, which we ALL think goes on on some level.
Odd that we don't demand the same information when someone hits a $700,000,000 PowerBall jackpot. We get the state and maybe the store it was sold from (just like we get the location where a winning Pick 6 ticket came from)...but we don't demand to know how many tickets he bought, whether he was part of a lottery pool, how he came up with his numbers, etc. We just accept at face value that someone had to win it eventually, even if the odds are far more astronomical than hitting a Pick 6 with a single 40 cent ticket.

The truth is that even if the track provided all of that info, people would still find reason to suspect foul play - as we're seeing in this thread. There is an ingrained belief that racing is corrupt, and that there's no way someone could legitimately win a big payout without it being a past post, rigged tote, whale with some special access to pools, etc. There's always a boogeyman.

Obviously the guy had 10 dollars to play with here, made a $6 bet and a $3.60 bet...then decided to punch in some random numbers with the remaining $0.40 and got insanely lucky. Even if NYRA put out a press release saying exactly this, people wouldn't believe it. It's just part of the systemic distrust in racing.
AlsoEligible is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 08:00 PM   #39
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Santiago View Post
If you consider the odds of the horses to be reflective of their probabilities of winning, the odds of picking all of the winners was roughly 2.5 million to 1. While obviously improbable, it can and obviously does happen. People hit the lottery using random numbers and the odds are far greater than 2.5 million to 1.
To be fair, this bet also requires you to be the only winner, so there's no advantage to playing chalk in each leg. That's going to lead to some weird small tickets because you literally can't win the bet by playing logical horses in each race.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 09:19 PM   #40
Franco Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoEligible View Post
The truth is that even if the track provided all of that info, people would still find reason to suspect foul play - as we're seeing in this thread. There is an ingrained belief that racing is corrupt, and that there's no way someone could legitimately win a big payout without it being a past post, rigged tote, whale with some special access to pools, etc. There's always a boogeyman.
Excellent point. I saw this in online poker, too. "This site is corrupt...can you believe I got coolered with a 2-outer???!!!".

Generally, it's not winners complaining.
Franco Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2017, 11:30 AM   #41
whisperlunch

I'm not complaining. Fact is There has been numerous times of cheaters being busted in this sport. From jockeys , drivers, trainers, and Drexel boys. It's a rigged sport. Unless you play the spa or delmar or top tier tracks you are gonna get screwed. Then you sprinkle in a .40 cent ticket that has 5 bombs hit and it takes down the pool. Hell ya I'm gonna want to know what's up with that ticket.
whisperlunch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 05:46 PM   #42
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
this was my attempt 11 years ago.
it did work (at times)
perhaps i'll take another attempt, unless someone has an better way

see note 3 on the following thread for betting format

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...titandforgetit
wow.It was 2004 when I first came up the betitandforgetit program.
I'm updating it now.
I'm attaching the manual and a picture of the excel format.
comments would be appreciated.
the software is being upgraded and will better comply with the manual

Attached Images
File Type: png betitandforgetitCapture.PNG (229.9 KB, 14 views)

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill

Last edited by formula_2002; 08-27-2017 at 05:52 PM.
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #43
formula_2002
what an easy game.

here is the manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf betitandforgetit_manual_08-28-2017.pdf (132.1 KB, 21 views)

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
Old 08-28-2017, 10:06 AM   #44
formula_2002
what an easy game.

The program can be reconfigured so the conditional bet is not only based on the track odds but also based on additional conditions such as those required by my tote board odds analysis. more fun ahead
I post those picks in the selections forum

Winston Churchill
Old 09-05-2017, 02:35 PM   #45
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperlunch View Post
This is mind blowing that this .40 cent ticket takes down that pic six and I guarantee that 99% of horse players have no clue to this uploading files on ADW accounts. I only know about it because of this forum. And I'm not sure what the hell it is. I have online accounts. I occasionally will play a pic 6, mostly pic4's & I never have structured a ticket like this. I've never thought to structure a ticket this way. I guess it shows I need to get out more.

The whole point of this was I really thought there was a scam or past posting

Unreal
Dude, it MIGHT be something untoward like past posting...but most likely, it's somebody who actually devotes much time and effort into actually WINNING this bet...and designs his plays in such a way that guarantees he or she will be sole winner if he's right in a big way.

Like Jeff said, it doesn't take much to write a program to spit out all these little tickets based on your picks...and spit them out in such a way that you will take down the whole thing if you are right. Then it's just a matter of batch uploading them to the ADW...many ADWs offer batch uploading of wagers contained in a text file...not sure if NYRA bets does, as I don't use them...I'm sure someone else has answered that question (I haven't gotten through the entire thread yet...)

It amazes me how quick people are to dismiss the idea that there are people out there playing this game who are infinitely smarter and more clever then you or I. I fully acknowledge there are people in this world, in all walks of life, who are doing things I haven't even dreamed of, to succeed. Why do you think this wouldn't apply to betting on horses?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply