Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
molson721

Thumbs up Larry Lederman calling Delaware

He's still around after his cancer diagnosis several years back. Does anybody know if the cancer is in remission? He is not everybody's type by I enjoy his humor calling a race and smiled when I heard he was still with us.

Last edited by molson721; 06-27-2016 at 03:32 PM.
molson721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #2
Peter Berry
Track Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson721
He's still around after his cancer diagnosis several years back. Does anybody know if the cancer is in remission? He is not everybody's type by I enjoy his humor calling a race and smiled when I heard he was still with us.
One of the all-time greats. A true legend.
Peter Berry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 07:27 PM   #3
lamboguy

Quote:
he's amazing fighting the fight. i called him a few years ago when my friends kid was in the battle and he called every night and got the poor kid through his treatments. i couldn't be more thankful for what he did. he had the kid laughing his ass off instead of thinking about his troubles. it really doesn't get any better than LL. a great human.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 07:47 PM   #4
SuperPickle

My other question is where is John Curran?

I'm just curious because I thought he was one of those guys like Terry Wallace who called every race, every meet.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 05:10 PM   #5
mannyberrios
easygoer

God bless Larry
mannyberrios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 10:52 PM   #6
molson721

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
he's amazing fighting the fight. i called him a few years ago when my friends kid was in the battle and he called every night and got the poor kid through his treatments. i couldn't be more thankful for what he did. he had the kid laughing his ass off instead of thinking about his troubles. it really doesn't get any better than LL. a great human.
You said you called him so can you please give us an update or have Larry post here and give an update on his condition because I am sure others have wondered about his condition since he told us about his cancer several years back. I was so happy to hear him calling the Delaware races and to know he is still with us and I hope he will be with us for so much longer.

Last edited by molson721; 06-28-2016 at 11:01 PM.
molson721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 05:42 AM   #7
MonmouthParkJoe

Agreed. Larry is one of my favs, hope he is doing well
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 09:18 AM   #8
bello
Veteran

Was he a guest announcer or is he the regular announcer?

Larry, you are the greatest
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 09:38 AM   #9
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
Agreed. Larry is one of my favs, hope he is doing well
Agreed. Love his pizzazz! So witty in his calls too! Miss those Garden state calls
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 12:00 PM   #10
charm city whizz

Larry is the best

Told the story here before had the pleasure of meeting Larry at Atlantic city racecourse Prob in 2012 it was right around when he was diagnosed remember him telling me in the announcers booth about his condition and how at the time thinking how it was possible to be so funny and upbeat with having his terrible diagnosis....

remember vividly the day I was diagnosed with Cancer in March i thought back to that day in the booth with Larry how positive he was facing one of lifes most gruesome diagnoses....

really hoping he is the announced there for the summer would love to take a trip up there to see him
charm city whizz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #11
charm city whizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Agreed. Love his pizzazz! So witty in his calls too! Miss those Garden state calls
There a few of his GSP1 and GS calls on YouTube they are all classics
charm city whizz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by charm city whizz
There a few of his GSP1 and GS calls on YouTube they are all classics
I am not ashamed to admit that I watch them when bored lol
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #13
SandyW

Quote:
Great race caller, and even greater person. God bless and keep him healthy.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 01:17 PM   #14
castaway01

Quote:
You said you called him so can you please give us an update or have Larry post here and give an update on his condition because I am sure others have wondered about his condition since he told us about his cancer several years back. I was so happy to hear him calling the Delaware races and to know he is still with us and I hope he will be with us for so much longer.
Last update I saw was last fall. At that time the tumor was still there and Larry was still receiving periodic treatment.

As others have said, aside from being very talented he's a great guy and it was nice to hear him back behind the mic for a few days.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #15
lamboguy

Quote:
i haven't spoken to him in about 6 months, but he was doing good back then. he has inoperable brain cancer that is in remission right now.

you can e-mail him at XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. i hope i am not doing the wrong thing by posting his e-mail address, but the one thing i know about him is he won't get to mad at me for doing this.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-29-2016 at 11:05 PM.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: