Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-09-2016, 11:25 PM   #46
chenoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by charm city whizz
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I have heard stories of him in the past but this takes the cake, remeber betting los al harness in the downstairs at the meadowlands with hong kong at 3 in the morning it wasn't pretty
Our track seemed to have problems finding the ENGLISH feed for Hong Kong back in the day, and across the 2nd level it would be blaring in CANTONESE!!

And in between races, still early enough that Fraser Downs was going on, and Rick Uppal was calling back then. Now the caller at Ocean Downs, he has toned it down a bit from his Fraser Downs days. (Search Fraser Downs/Duca for a blast from the past)
Old 07-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #47
molson721

Can we keep this thread about Larry. IF anybody can contact him, let him know his fans would love to know how he is doing in this long term battle. I started this thread because it had been a while since I heard him call a race and WAS THRILLED to know he is still among the living and hoping he stays that way as long as I am still among the living. Even if I didn't bet the race, I would watch it to listen to Larry waiting for that clever comment during his race calls.
molson721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2016, 10:12 PM   #48
AlBundy33

I used to look forward to the Garden State harness meet just to hear his calls and what he would come up with next. Miss the days when between him and Robin Burns at Scioto betting those place via simulcast.

I know that track announcers shouldn't influence where you bet, but those two were something else. And the racing wasn't bad at GSP.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:18 PM   #49
Ocala Mike

Frank Mirahmadi has been posting on Facebook about his "pizza tour," and apparently Larry accompanied him to some pizza restaurant in Jersey either today or yesterday, so he's well enough for that.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2016, 10:23 PM   #50
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
Frank Mirahmadi has been posting on Facebook about his "pizza tour," and apparently Larry accompanied him to some pizza restaurant in Jersey either today or yesterday, so he's well enough for that.
If I knew Larry was at Conte's today I would have stopped in to buy him a slice.

It was nice hearing Larry at Parx a few days ago too.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2016, 05:56 AM   #51
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson721
Can we keep this thread about Larry. IF anybody can contact him, let him know his fans would love to know how he is doing in this long term battle. I started this thread because it had been a while since I heard him call a race and WAS THRILLED to know he is still among the living and hoping he stays that way as long as I am still among the living. Even if I didn't bet the race, I would watch it to listen to Larry waiting for that clever comment during his race calls.
as long as he feels strong enough he will call races on a temporary basis. he happens to be very good friends with the guy that owns the Meadowlands and will call races there one of these days.

for Larry it must feel real good to get positive vibes from people like yourself. for me i am just glad that you are one of his fans along with others here. like i said before he spent a lot of time speaking with my friends kid and dealing with the rest of his family. the kid passed on about a year ago and his family is still very thankful for all of Larry's efforts. no doubt about it, Larry is top notch in my book and there isn't anything i won't do to help him as best i can. you influenced me enough with his actions that i will continue to donate a portion of my purse winnings this year to help out cancer support groups in Boston. last year i only had 1 win from 1 horse. this year i have 2 pretty decent New York Breds that look good so far, so i am hoping i can do my part to help out.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #52
castaway01

For those interested, Larry is calling Monmouth today.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:09 PM   #53
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
For those interested, Larry is calling Monmouth today.

Larry will be calling Monmouth every day this weekend. Frank is in the hospital. Tom Cassidy read a letter on TVG about it. It didn't go into details but Tom did say that he saw Frank and Frank was in good spirits. Get well soon, Frank, best wishes.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #54
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Larry will be calling Monmouth every day this weekend. Frank is in the hospital. Tom Cassidy read a letter on TVG about it. It didn't go into details but Tom did say that he saw Frank and Frank was in good spirits. Get well soon, Frank, best wishes.
Didn't know that, thanks for the info. Glad to hear Larry but certainly hope Frank will be okay.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:26 PM   #55
upthecreek

Twitter Post

Jay Privman (@DRFPrivman) tweeted at 0:08 PM on Fri, Aug 19, 2016:
Sending good thoughts to my friend @FrankMirahmadi, who had emergency surgery earlier this week, sidelined for time being. Get well Frank!
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #56
upthecreek

Frank M update

http://www.drf.com/news/mirahmadi-re...monmouth-races
Old 08-22-2016, 06:33 AM   #57
lamboguy

sorry i haven't spoken to you in a while. i am glad you sound so good. please...

Lawrence Lederman
2:15 PM (16 hours ago)

to me
Hi Phil, I can send you love, regards and well wishes but winners and money, you've got the wrong email address.
Glad to be calling for all the wrong reasons as frank is a friend.
Hope all is good kemplerville!
Thanks for the checkin
Best, Larry

Sent from my iPhone
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2016, 09:40 AM   #58
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
Seriously, what could be better than a pizza tour with Frank?
Old 09-29-2016, 12:17 AM   #59
chenoa

"The engines have shut down...........you can put the knee down and run out the clock." ----Race 6 Monmouth @ Mdwlnds

God bless Larry, another beauty!!!!
Old 01-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #60
upthecreek

Successful surgery