Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-10-2020, 07:58 PM   #1
sammy the sage

Bet Backs from the Breeder's cup or other races for that matter...

anybody got any they'd be willing to share....

So...both Improbable and Maximum Security are bet backs...both ran UNDER instructions from THE master on high....Improbable ran wide the ENTIRE way for no reason and M.S. wasn't allowed to in the stretch...(re-watch video if you dis-agree)....said winner was retired...

In the 5th race....I had Glass slippers...(yes a clear red board)....but she caught a VERY BIG break....Imprimis was totally cut off...whilst GS got the CLEAR lane....(bout time I caught a break)....

there are others to look at....just wondering if anybody else has anything...???
Old 11-11-2020, 05:16 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
anybody got any they'd be willing to share....

So...both Improbable and Maximum Security are bet backs...both ran UNDER instructions from THE master on high....Improbable ran wide the ENTIRE way for no reason and M.S. wasn't allowed to in the stretch...(re-watch video if you dis-agree)....said winner was retired...

In the 5th race....I had Glass slippers...(yes a clear red board)....but she caught a VERY BIG break....Imprimis was totally cut off...whilst GS got the CLEAR lane....(bout time I caught a break)....

there are others to look at....just wondering if anybody else has anything...???
Both Improbably and Maximum Security are already retired, as have several others from the BC. Imprimis is the pretty obvious one. I haven't studied the replays of the 2yo races yet, but they will probably offer the best bet backs as barring injury we know we'll see them run next year.

It is probably worth waiting to see where horses show up and the competition, but from Saturday I liked the run of the 4th finisher in the Distaff Harvest Moon. I think Ivar from the Mile is one that should be back and ran better than looked and was only beaten two lengths as it is. Channel Maker proved he is in lifetime form in the Turf and will be very tough in any spot he shows up in now that the connections have finally figured out to put him on the lead. Harvey's Lil Goil was ran great and should be right at the top of the division to start 2021. Mean Mary finally faced some speed when the Euro went on a kamikaze mission, but she'll be hard to beat as well as she'll almost always be the controlling speed.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2020, 06:39 PM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

BC bbs

demand a price or pass
don't bet any of these as 1st or 2nd choices;

Off we Go +
MO READY + (rider may have fooled me but looks good)
PUBLIC SECTOR (GB) + (price or pass)
Wildman Jack (can he be >6/1 Meydan?)
Tom's d'Etat + (retired?)

Bet against [true timber - (retired?)] if 1st or 2nd choice.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:21 PM   #4
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Both Improbably and Maximum Security are already retired, as have several others from the BC. Imprimis is the pretty obvious one. I haven't studied the replays of the 2yo races yet, but they will probably offer the best bet backs as barring injury we know we'll see them run next year.

It is probably worth waiting to see where horses show up and the competition, but from Saturday I liked the run of the 4th finisher in the Distaff Harvest Moon. I think Ivar from the Mile is one that should be back and ran better than looked and was only beaten two lengths as it is. Channel Maker proved he is in lifetime form in the Turf and will be very tough in any spot he shows up in now that the connections have finally figured out to put him on the lead. Harvey's Lil Goil was ran great and should be right at the top of the division to start 2021. Mean Mary finally faced some speed when the Euro went on a kamikaze mission, but she'll be hard to beat as well as she'll almost always be the controlling speed.
did not see the news on Imp/ms...all Baffert's older...typical...

Love your thoughts on the other's.....what I don't get....English Channel won MOST of his races up front....yet few trainer's SEND his offspring to the lead...very strange....nice to see the change in Channel Marker....hopefully some of his half brother's get the same treatment SOME day...
Old 11-12-2020, 09:17 AM   #5
castaway01

That was very useful CJ, thanks.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2020, 03:04 PM   #6
davew

my biggest bridgejumper win was about 30 years ago

a winner from ?Distaff? came back for next race a few months later at Monmouth

6 horse race, sloppy track - got blocked/slowed twice and got 4th

show prices were great
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #7
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post

Harvey's Lil Goil is a super cool story.

Quote:
Off we Go +
Really thought this one looked better than the chalk taking money in that race.
If the main players ran back, I'd key this guy.
Literal finishing position/Beyer should be under the radar.

'Cool' Tom Amoss 2yo
don't know a ton about the ownership; B.C.W.T. Ltd., other than having a reasonably solid colt (Long Weekend) w/ Amoss...

Off we Go has a bit of hang in him, and has room to improve. Value could be there if players and systems don't see him.

You never 'commit' to betting a horse back, but fun to follow, and sometimes the odds are there.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:46 PM   #8
Dahoss9698
Veteran

I’d be very interested in betting Dreamer’s Disease back out of the Juvenile. He set a wicked pace and the horse he dueled with finished 13th out of 14 runners. The race was dominated by horses coming from off the pace and he stuck around pretty good, tiring in the last 1/4 to finish 6th.

Out of the same race, Classier ran well, in only his 2nd lifetime start and first around two turns. I doubt you’ll get much of a price though. Same can be said for favored Jackie’s Warrior who ran the best IMO. I’m not sure how far he can go but he ran very well.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2020, 08:51 PM   #9
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Not really a bet back out of the Juvenile Fillies but I’d love to bet a future on Girl Daddy winning the Kentucky Oaks.

I think she’s just figuring it out and ran deceptively well in the Breeders Cup.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2020, 12:04 PM   #10
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
my biggest bridgejumper win was about 30 years ago

a winner from ?Distaff? came back for next race a few months later at Monmouth

6 horse race, sloppy track - got blocked/slowed twice and got 4th

show prices were great
I definitely believe you make just as much money betting against some BC horses when they run again in a tuneup in a few months when they're 3-5 and only half-trying.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2020, 01:12 PM   #11
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
demand a price or pass
don't bet any of these as 1st or 2nd choices;

Off we Go +
MO READY + (rider may have fooled me but looks good)
PUBLIC SECTOR (GB) + (price or pass)
Wildman Jack (can he be >6/1 Meydan?)
Tom's d'Etat + (retired?)

Bet against [true timber - (retired?)] if 1st or 2nd choice.
TRUE TIMBER he was supposed to be a bet-against in an OC type of race if 1st or 2nd choice, but they had him in the Cigar, at totally different odds, and he ran his race and inherited another dream trip.
So now, - if he comes back again soon at 1st or 2nd choice in a good field, he's a toss from exacta type.

Off we Go - I see one bullet work 10 days after the BC, he's the coolest of this list (as far as if he is overlooked on the board - you can probably key him and make a few bucks), but I'd like more info on his updated health, morning gallop patterns, and whether he has a timed work / race target anytime soon, etc..

Wildman Jack - I guess some would say he's cooler than "Off we Go", at least his name is debatably cool, but will he make it to Meydan and will he really be >6/1?

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 12-06-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2020, 07:02 PM   #12
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
I definitely believe you make just as much money betting against some BC horses when they run again in a tuneup in a few months when they're 3-5 and only half-trying.
You know...fer perceptive of you...so far...several have run back from THAT day and FLOPPED...
Old 12-28-2020, 11:52 AM   #13
Bennie

I see Wildman Jack is listed to run at Santa Anita on friday. Haven't checked out the past performances yet but saw him listed. Turf sprint I believe.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 05:06 PM   #14
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
I see Wildman Jack is listed to run at Santa Anita on friday. Haven't checked out the past performances yet but saw him listed. Turf sprint I believe.
Thanks for the heads-up.

I worry about the value in here, as I don't know if Dubai is in fact a goal this year (which could make a difference in fitness/intent), and some others are in a bit sharper current form (first glance = both Chaos Theory, and Texas Wedge have that recent start).
Old 12-30-2020, 11:38 AM   #15
Bennie

Robert - tough little race to handicap. Couple of horses coming off long layoffs, few cutting back from route races and another not having raced on turf in a long time. One of those races that if you can't find value in the horse you like, might be better to just watch and see how he runs.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: