Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-24-2018, 01:32 AM   #1
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Only in Florida Could They come up with This

What's going on with Florida voter ballots? GOP ballots need stamps, Dems ballots are post paid.....makes the ballots easy to identify which ones are Dems or GOP without opening. Hmmmm…..What could possibly happen?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...on_county.html
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2018, 01:59 AM   #2
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
My lovely bride and I voted today in early voting as I had a recall on my car that was going to take 3 1/2 hours to fix (It took 5 ), so to kill some time ,we voted in the Fort Pierce library and there was a grand total of zero people ahead of us in line.Florida makes voting easy; two weeks of early voting and unlike Massachusetts where I used to live, and you had to pick up the absentee ballot in person,here they mail the application to you.When I read the thread, I checked the Democratic vote by mail application I got the other day and indeed it was postage paid (courtesy of the Democratic Party)to send it to the St.Lucie County Election Commission.Now is it the Democrats fault the Republicans are too cheap to spring for postage to encourage participation?

And what do you mean "Only in Florida"? You some kind of stateist?

80 and sunny today too.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 10-24-2018 at 02:03 AM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2018, 02:27 AM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

That guy in the article forgot to mention he tossed his wife’s ballot in the dumpster
Old 10-24-2018, 08:04 AM   #4
Ocala Mike

Must be a local, not statewide, thing. I am a registered D in Marion County, and my mail-in ballot required postage.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2018, 10:51 AM   #5
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Must be a local, not statewide, thing. I am a registered D in Marion County, and my mail-in ballot required postage.

Is Florida 100% paper ballots this year?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2018, 11:40 AM   #6
Ocala Mike

Not that I'm aware of, but in Florida mail-in ballots are quite prevalent as is early voting. I haven't voted at my local "precinct" in many years, and I vote every year.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2018, 11:41 AM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Is Florida 100% paper ballots this year?
OMG, tell me NO!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2990.jpg (13.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #8
mostpost

1. The policy of United States Postal Service is to deliver all mail in ballots regardless of whether postage is attached. In the cases where there is no postage, the local election board is charged.

2. In cases where postage paid envelopes are used, those accounts are held by the local election boards; not the Democratic or Republican parties.

3.Mail in or Absentee ballots are sent out by local election boards not the Republican or Democratic parties.

4. You do not declare your political affiliation when requesting an absentee or mail in ballot in the general election.

5. Steve Holland is really dumb if he thinks there is some plot to give free postage to Democrats, or, he thinks we are really dumb. In some cases he is right.

6. I don't know why some people receive postage paid return envelopes while others received return envelopes which required postage.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:22 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
1. The policy of United States Postal Service is to deliver all mail in ballots regardless of whether postage is attached. In the cases where there is no postage, the local election board is charged.

2. In cases where postage paid envelopes are used, those accounts are held by the local election boards; not the Democratic or Republican parties.

3.Mail in or Absentee ballots are sent out by local election boards not the Republican or Democratic parties.

4. You do not declare your political affiliation when requesting an absentee or mail in ballot in the general election.

5. Steve Holland is really dumb if he thinks there is some plot to give free postage to Democrats, or, he thinks we are really dumb. In some cases he is right.

6. I don't know why some people receive postage paid return envelopes while others received return envelopes which required postage.
The point isn't the free postage. The point is to make a certain set of ballots "easier to disappear"

If Republican ballots require stamps while Democrats are prepaid postage, and you want to "make disappear" either Republican or Democrat voters, your job just became a whole lot easier.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #10
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The point isn't the free postage. The point is to make a certain set of ballots "easier to disappear"

If Republican ballots require stamps while Democrats are prepaid postage, and you want to "make disappear" either Republican or Democrat voters, your job just became a whole lot easier.
You are incredibly dense. There is no such thing as Democratic ballots or Republican ballots. There are only ballots. You are implying that Democrats are sent ballots where the postage is already paid and Republicans are sent ballots where they are required to pay postage out of their own pockets.

My question to you is, How do the people sending the ballots out know who is a Democratic voter and who is a Republican voter?
Old 10-24-2018, 04:12 PM   #11
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
My lovely bride and I voted today in early voting as I had a recall on my car that was going to take 3 1/2 hours to fix (It took 5 ), so to kill some time ,we voted in the Fort Pierce library and there was a grand total of zero people ahead of us in line.Florida makes voting easy; two weeks of early voting and unlike Massachusetts where I used to live, and you had to pick up the absentee ballot in person,here they mail the application to you.When I read the thread, I checked the Democratic vote by mail application I got the other day and indeed it was postage paid (courtesy of the Democratic Party)to send it to the St.Lucie County Election Commission.Now is it the Democrats fault the Republicans are too cheap to spring for postage to encourage participation?

And what do you mean "Only in Florida"? You some kind of stateist?

80 and sunny today too.
https://www.slcelections.com/Portals...%20Address.pdf
Above is the form for requesting a ballot in St. Lucie county. There is nothing on that form where one would request a Democratic ballot. Or a Republican ballot.

The Florida Division of Elections says that you can request a vote by mail ballot in one of four ways.
1. Online application on your county Board of Election Supervisors' website.
2. In writing (e.g. by email, fax, mail) to Supervisor of Elections.
3. in person at Supervisor of Elections.
4. by telephone call to Supervisor of Elections

So, if the request for a ballot goes to the County Board of Elections and if the ballot is sent out by the County Board of Elections and if the ballot is returned to the County Board of Elections, then where does the Democratic Party get involved to pay the postage.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:52 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
My question to you is, How do the people sending the ballots out know who is a Democratic voter and who is a Republican voter?
You're right. How could I be so dumb? There is nowhere in the world to find out whether someone is a registered Democrat, Republican or Independent...
Old 10-24-2018, 04:54 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You are incredibly dense.
BTW, this is a red cardable offense...name calling at its finest...
Old 10-24-2018, 05:08 PM   #14
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You're right. How could I be so dumb? There is nowhere in the world to find out whether someone is a registered Democrat, Republican or Independent...
1. There is no place on the application to indicate whether you are a Democrat or a Republican.

2. In states where people do register as Democrat or Republican, I am sure there is a list kept.

3. Workers at the various county Boards of Election Supervisors are almost certainly civil service workers and could be either Democrats or Republicans.

4. Since it is a random chance as to who processes a request, why would any of those workers take the time and effort to do all the research required to learn the persons political affiliation.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:58 PM   #15
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
The envelope that was sent to me postage paid from the Democratic Party is for the APPLICATION to vote by mail.The application goes to the county election commission and if approved a mail in ballot would be sent to me.The writer of the article was claiming the mail in ballots, there was postage paid for Democrats and postage required for the GOP.I can't speak to that because I didn't send it in.Although there is potential for chichanery,it seems a lot of work and subterfuge involved.St. Lucie County's population has grown by 40,000 in the last 5 years so I think they're busy just trying to keep up.Somebody would blow the whistle sooner than later.

However,I must add when did the early voting yesterday, the election workers were all speaking what sounded like Russian...

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 10-24-2018 at 06:01 PM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: