Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-30-2018, 08:35 AM   #46
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
Well it sounds like you guys had them where you wanted them and let them off of the hook. What would help CA players the most? 14% pick 5s and 20% doubles or the ability to get a better rebate return for all bettors?

Kudos for doing it, but those two takeouts help a small percentage and many people wager on neither of those pools.
It's about the gambling game of horse racing. Would you play in a live money tournament with a buy in of $500 where 25% of the field was credited with an extra $50? Of course not.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 08:41 AM   #47
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
It's about the gambling game of horse racing. Would you play in a live money tournament with a buy in of $500 where 25% of the field was credited with an extra $50? Of course not.
No I wouldn’t. However it’s California that is the issue here. For years bettors asked for bigger pools, this helps. The biggest thing you guys can do is call your states legislators, explain to them why them holding back your ability to get rebates hurts you and your ability to stay in the game. Tell them if it doesn’t change, you and thousands of others will leave the industry. If they don’t do anything, follow through with it.
TiffaniO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 08:42 AM   #48
Andy Asaro

Quote:
No I wouldn’t. However it’s California that is the issue here. For years bettors asked for bigger pools, this helps. The biggest thing you guys can do is call your states legislators, explain to them why them holding back your ability to get rebates hurts you and your ability to stay in the game. Tell them if it doesn’t change, you and thousands of others will leave the industry. If they don’t do anything, follow through with it.
The biggest pools happen when everyone has the same shot. Every pool is a tournament so why give someone an edge in that tournament?
Old 04-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #49
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Dave, you and I both know that most of the highly rebated players are playing a totally different game than people playing retail takeout. If people were only rebated on losing wagers what would happen? Or if the max rebate for all tracks was 5% what would happen?

What would happen
1. They'd still be better than we are.

2. They'd still get higher rebates than we would because, as volume players, the tracks would give them 5% and we'd get 1% (or less).

3. They'd have a more difficult time making profit and would bet less money, but still make massive amounts.

4. Handles would go down because some current winning players would now be losing players.

5. The "rebates on losers only" would make longshots more attractive, thereby forcing the whales to move their area of concentration from low/medium odds to include higher odds.

I could go on and on but the bottom line is that the industry cannot get the manure back into the horse.

There is nothing to be done short of the tracks not allowing winning players.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 10:57 AM   #50
acorn54

there is a classic lesson to be learned here. we live in a free country where the individual can choose what to do with their precious time given on this earth.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 11:14 AM   #51
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
They aren’t going to lower takeout for people who don’t wager a certain amount. The less you play, the higher your takeout is...pretty much like any other business model.

This is the grid of my rebates.

Keep in mind I never play WPS.

I rarely play doubles or exactas.

99% of my plays are pick 3s or pick 4s, tris and supers.
This is the first time I've seen anyone post a full chart of actual rebate rates from any ADW...I know that if you named the ADW, they'd probably have a shit fit, as it seems the goal is to keep these rates as secretive as possible...so don't name them...
Old 04-30-2018, 11:20 AM   #52
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
What would happen
1. They'd still be better than we are.

2. They'd still get higher rebates than we would because, as volume players, the tracks would give them 5% and we'd get 1% (or less).

3. They'd have a more difficult time making profit and would bet less money, but still make massive amounts.

4. Handles would go down because some current winning players would now be losing players.

5. The "rebates on losers only" would make longshots more attractive, thereby forcing the whales to move their area of concentration from low/medium odds to include higher odds.

I could go on and on but the bottom line is that the industry cannot get the manure back into the horse.

There is nothing to be done short of the tracks not allowing winning players.
Respect your opinion but the game has to be sold as it was intended. Parimutuel wagering is supposed to be competition among gamblers in each pool. Lower takeout for all is the only way to grow the game IMO
Old 04-30-2018, 11:23 AM   #53
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
This is the first time I've seen anyone post a full chart of actual rebate rates from any ADW...I know that if you named the ADW, they'd probably have a shit fit, as it seems the goal is to keep these rates as secretive as possible...so don't name them...
Trust me I won’t. The thing is, each chart is different for every bettor. The rep/salesman negotiates with you until you are happy enough to go to their site.

I only posted it to show that just because I’m female, doesn’t mean I don’t know anything, and that I only bet $2 a race.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:39 PM   #54
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I only posted it to show that just because I’m female, doesn’t mean I don’t know anything, and that I only bet $2 a race.
Having run this place for 19 years, I would never have thought otherwise.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #55
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Respect your opinion but the game has to be sold as it was intended. Parimutuel wagering is supposed to be competition among gamblers in each pool. Lower takeout for all is the only way to grow the game IMO
No argument on the "lower takeout." It would be better for the track as well.

However, talking about what wagering is "supposed to be" or what the tracks "should do," is a complete waste of time. They simply aren't listening.

As far as "selling the game," they aren't doing much of that either.

Remember, these are the geniuses who believe that the customers in racing are the people who own race horses.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:22 PM   #56
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
No argument on the "lower takeout." It would be better for the track as well.

However, talking about what wagering is "supposed to be" or what the tracks "should do," is a complete waste of time. They simply aren't listening.

As far as "selling the game," they aren't doing much of that either.

Remember, these are the geniuses who believe that the customers in racing are the people who own race horses.
Dave, it can all change in 30 Days if everyone pulled together. Problem is that the people getting the benefits don't want to disrupt the status quo.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:34 PM   #57
thaskalos

Quote:
A few years ago I couldn’t even bet on tracks within my state. I called legislators dozens of times and finally it was changed. I bluntly told them, I’m not going to the track to place those wagers so they can either relax the laws and get a lesser amount or getting nothing when I wager nothing with them.

Oddly enough, it worked.
How could I persuade you to call the legislators of MY state? Because when I do it...it does no good at all.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:36 PM   #58
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
How could I persuade you to call the legislators of MY state? Because when I do it...it does no good at all.
Persistence my friend... persistence... as I said I called dozens of times. Have to find someone friendly to the situation.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:39 PM   #59
thaskalos

Quote:
Persistence my friend... persistence... as I said I called dozens of times. Have to find someone friendly to the situation.
It's easy for you to be patient...because you seem to be a lot YOUNGER than I am.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:51 PM   #60
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Dave, it can all change in 30 Days if everyone pulled together. Problem is that the people getting the benefits don't want to disrupt the status quo.
It can only change in 30 days if you can get the whales onboard.

I don't see that happening. LOL