Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-27-2018, 08:13 PM   #1
fmhealth

One Million on the Eagles !!!

Wow!! This person is either inspired or is on the verge of losing in excess of ONE MILLION DOLLARS!! Hard to bet against IMO, the best QB & Head Coach in the history of the game. Have to admit I admire a person with this much courage.

Be Well,
fmhealth

https://www.cardschat.com/news/las-v...per-bowl-57543
fmhealth is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #2
lamboguy

maybe the guy knows that the balls will be over inflated!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2018, 09:55 PM   #3
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Brady/Bellichik are 3-4 for betting purposes in the Super Bowl.They were only underdogs in their first SB (and 14 point dogs to boot), then as favorites failed to cover against Carolina and Philly, and the 2 losses against the Giants.They did cover against Seattle and Atlanta.They have not had an easy victory or loss yet, every game has come down to the final minute or final play.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2018, 10:04 PM   #4
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Brady/Bellichik are 3-4 for betting purposes in the Super Bowl.They were only underdogs in their first SB (and 14 point dogs to boot), then as favorites failed to cover against Carolina and Philly, and the 2 losses against the Giants.They did cover against Seattle and Atlanta.They have not had an easy victory or loss yet, every game has come down to the final minute or final play.
maybe this is the year that everyone empties out the bookmakers betting against the Patriots. they spend billions these days building those hotels in the middle of the dessert so that they can distribute money to everyone that wants some.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #5
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Shhhh, they have an air of invincible, but you are right they have not covered in 4 games and the Rams were supposed to beat them by 2 touchdowns....they won that one off of defense and the kicker not Tom Brady.

Seattle over thought the damn thing and Atlanta pissed it away. One thing about the Patriots they are the team that most likely won't make a game ending mistake. That's discipline, its a game of discipline and concentration.

I think that bet is way more than a million, it may be double or triple that, a person or people like that are probably not accustomed to losing. The metrics point towards Philly. They played really good in almost all of their games with the exception of Foles first couple. Now he seems dialed in and this coach is good (Doug Pederson), he's given Foles the keys to this Cadillac and opened up the playbook. He also sped things up which Foles is good at. The defense is top notch. People don't bet that kind of money thinking they are going to lose, but the Patriots also have played above their heads and covered in the last two and this may be the last hoorah. I like the Eagles but they can't make many mistakes..............you give them a chance, they'll eat your lunch, ask the Jaguars.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 12:32 PM   #6
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I like the Eagles but they can't make many mistakes..............you give them a chance, they'll eat your lunch, ask the Jaguars.
If the Super Bowl score is the same as that in the Jaguars game...then the Eagles bettors will be dancing in the street. All the Eagles need to do is to COVER...IMO.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
Secondbest

The bet was at MGM and it's rumored to be multimillions . With + 5 1/2
There was another bet at South Point for 500,000 on the eagles money line between +170 + 175 +180 +185.
Lotta Eagles love
Vegasinsider.com gives updates on all the betting.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 02:43 PM   #8
Teach

The New England Patriots are like counter-punchers in a boxing match. In the First Half – particularly in the First Quarter – they ask opponents: “Show me what you got.”
Last week, the Jaguars were successful “in the early rounds”. First down handoff to running back Leonard Fourcette. Then, a pass play, underneath. This Jags run-pass approach was working very well.

Yet, in the Second Half, the Jaguars stuck to this same approach. It became, in a word: Predictable. The Patriots coaching staff, i.e., Matt Patricia, seemed to know what was coming before the Jags play was even run. In the Fourth Quarter, the Jags offense came to a virtual standstill.

If the Eagles have any shot at winning the Super Bowl, they must – it’s imperative – vary their play-calling until the final whistle has been sounded. To do otherwise will likely result in an Eagles’ defeat. In summation: Keep them guessing.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #9
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmhealth View Post
Wow!! This person is either inspired or is on the verge of losing in excess of ONE MILLION DOLLARS!! Hard to bet against IMO, the best QB & Head Coach in the history of the game. Have to admit I admire a person with this much courage.

Be Well,
fmhealth

https://www.cardschat.com/news/las-v...per-bowl-57543
Sounds like a "Silver Linings Playbook" kind of guy.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 03:26 PM   #10
green80

the bettor figures the public is going heavy on the eagles and is betting before the line goes down to 4.5 or even 4. Then he will take the other side at 4 and hope for a 5 point NE win.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #11
timp

Eagles

Eagles win by two touchdowns
timp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 06:08 PM   #12
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by timp View Post
Eagles win by two touchdowns
why stop at 2, make it 3 td's and make sure you bet action points!
Old 01-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #13
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
The New England Patriots are like counter-punchers in a boxing match. In the First Half – particularly in the First Quarter – they ask opponents: “Show me what you got.”
Last week, the Jaguars were successful “in the early rounds”. First down handoff to running back Leonard Fourcette. Then, a pass play, underneath. This Jags run-pass approach was working very well.

Yet, in the Second Half, the Jaguars stuck to this same approach. It became, in a word: Predictable. The Patriots coaching staff, i.e., Matt Patricia, seemed to know what was coming before the Jags play was even run. In the Fourth Quarter, the Jags offense came to a virtual standstill.

If the Eagles have any shot at winning the Super Bowl, they must – it’s imperative – vary their play-calling until the final whistle has been sounded. To do otherwise will likely result in an Eagles’ defeat. In summation: Keep them guessing.
Jaguars went on a defensive stance in the 4th quarter a requiem for defeat. I don't think the Eagles would do that based on their offensive talent and a defense that can play the entire game.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:09 PM   #14
upthecreek

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2018, 09:03 PM   #15
Secondbest

William Hill says it took a million dollar money line bet on the eagles.at +165
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: