Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-04-2016, 12:10 AM   #16
chenoa

Ran a 1000m trial this morning.

Broke decent and was prominent thru out, ended up finishing 3rd.

https://twitter.com/HKJC_Racing/stat...52041191276544
Old 10-04-2016, 12:23 AM   #17
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Interesting, and shows you the value of a racing jurisdiction that values transparency.

Hard to know what to make of the work , are they wanting him to be closer early, or was this just a conditioner?
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2016, 09:19 PM   #18
betovernetcapper

Blizzard is a Class 1 or solid Class 2 runner so keeping pace for 5 furlongs with a new running style is pretty good.
My guess the point of the work was to put some speed into him so he can break with the field instead of giving everyone a 3 to 6 length head start.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2016, 10:04 AM   #19
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey
Interesting, and shows you the value of a racing jurisdiction that values transparency.
Hard to know what to make of the work , are they wanting him to be closer early, or was this just a conditioner?
All I can say is watch out for this one at 1600M (8F) or more!
It looks like there getting chinks out of the armor, by getting Pakistan Star to break much better. That in itself will reduce the amount of energy necessary to keep pace early on. In my estimation it means it’ll have even more in the tank for that powerful closing punch. I’m looking forward to its upcoming races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
Blizzard is a Class 1 or solid Class 2 runner so keeping pace for 5 furlongs with a new running style is pretty good.
My guess the point of the work was to put some speed into him so he can break with the field instead of giving everyone a 3 to 6 length head start.
Agree 100%
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #20
Nitro

Upcoming Race

Early this morning the announcers at HK mentioned that Pakistan Star is entered in another 1400M (7f) race on the next Sha Tin race card. (Sunday 10/16)
Old 10-15-2016, 10:30 PM   #21
Nitro

It’s confirmed: The undefeated Pakistan Star will run in the last race (#11) at Sha Tin this morning. This race will go off at about 5:45 AM EST and will be run at 1400M (7F) on the Turf.

There's an awful lot of discussion in the Far East about this horse's potential.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #22
chenoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
It’s confirmed: The undefeated Pakistan Star will run in the last race (#11) at Sha Tin this morning. This race will go off at about 5:45 AM EST and will be run at 1400M (7F) on the Turf.

There's an awful lot of discussion in the Far East about this horse's potential.

Current Win Place odds in HK are 1.0-1.0

Haven't seen odds like this since SILENT WITNESS took Hong Kong by storm years ago.

Last edited by chenoa; 10-15-2016 at 10:41 PM.
chenoa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2016, 11:43 PM   #23
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenoa
Current Win Place odds in HK are 1.0-1.0

Haven't seen odds like this since SILENT WITNESS took Hong Kong by storm years ago.
And did you notice the odds on the other entries? If Pakistan Star should falter the tote board will explode!

I’ve posted my early selections for another round of racing at Sha Tin this morning (Sun 10/16) on the following thread:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/...ad.php?t=134034
Old 10-16-2016, 12:37 AM   #24
AltonKelsey
Veteran

even money not bad, maybe I bet $1000

speaking of crazy, there are some HUGE bets placed on q's late that dont even come close to winning.

Just saw a q go 92 to 36 at the bell. nowhere .

Last edited by AltonKelsey; 10-16-2016 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:40 AM   #25
woodbinepmi

He's not even money here in the states, you have to remember the books here take their cut out first. Example: in the first race tonight the winner paid $ 8.40 there, here he only paid $ 6.50.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:44 AM   #26
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi
He's not even money here in the states, you have to remember the books here take their cut out first. Example: in the first race tonight the winner paid $ 8.40 there, here he only paid $ 6.50.
Be greatful its not $4.40 , another $2 for shipping.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:53 AM   #27
woodbinepmi

It's sad that we don't get the odds they pay there in Hong Kong, one of the only drawbacks of playing there. Got to pay the vig here.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:12 AM   #28
chenoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
And did you notice the odds on the other entries? If Pakistan Star should falter the tote board will explode!

I’ve posted my early selections for another round of racing at Sha Tin this morning (Sun 10/16) on the following thread:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/...ad.php?t=134034
That would indeed be a WIPEOUT!!!
Old 10-16-2016, 03:00 AM   #29
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi
It's sad that we don't get the odds they pay there in Hong Kong, one of the only drawbacks of playing there. Got to pay the vig here.
That's exactly why I prefer playing the best product on the planet!
Old 10-16-2016, 01:06 PM   #30
chenoa

Horse stepped up to Class 2, broke decent enough, looked to me as if Chadwick was starting to wind up around the 950m mark but went backwards/took up for a few strides around the 800m. Just too much ground to make up. Not the greatest ride. But a fine showing by the horse nevertheless.

Went off at 1.40 in Hong Kong, guessing that's around 2/5 North American odds. That's alot of Hong Kong squid on the nose, and considering the Star's running style, there must have been alot of pace makers going off in the stretch.