Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 11-09-2020, 08:39 PM   #1
molson721

Twinspires not responding issue

Is anybody else having an issue with Twinspires suddenly not working. Once again I logged in and an hour lady, the website stops responding. You can close the winnows and try to log on again but twinspires.com won't respond. I've spent too much time with twinspires tech support which had me get rid of my security software, firewall and many other attempts to fix it only to blame my internet provider in the end. My internet provider did a test and showed how it made connections along the internet until in got to Twinspires and it would not respond. Has anybody else had this problem and do they have a solution. Blaming my IP is the answer from the tech support hacks at Twinspires. THIS IS THE ONLY WEBSITE THAT HAS THIS PROBLEM. while this issue is going on, all other websites work fine.
molson721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2020, 09:33 PM   #2
jay68802

Cell problems, but do not worry, it will be ignored.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

You can out argue them by going to your command prompt and issuing a ping command, once to drf.com as a control and another to twinspires.com

ping drf.com
You'll see 4 responses with milliseconds times

ping twinspires.com
You'll see 4 requests that timed out

Guess which one is not responding?
Augenj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2020, 10:50 PM   #4
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson721 View Post
Is anybody else having an issue with Twinspires suddenly not working. Once again I logged in and an hour lady, the website stops responding. You can close the winnows and try to log on again but twinspires.com won't respond. I've spent too much time with twinspires tech support which had me get rid of my security software, firewall and many other attempts to fix it only to blame my internet provider in the end. My internet provider did a test and showed how it made connections along the internet until in got to Twinspires and it would not respond. Has anybody else had this problem and do they have a solution. Blaming my IP is the answer from the tech support hacks at Twinspires. THIS IS THE ONLY WEBSITE THAT HAS THIS PROBLEM. while this issue is going on, all other websites work fine.

Seems like when they started changing the interface these things started happening. I've logged out, logged back in, to no effect. And like you, it's the only website where I have problems. From my end it looks like after the app is up for a while, it simply starts to flatline.

I've tested it on Win 7, Win 10, as well as on 2 completely different ISPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenj View Post
You can out argue them by going to your command prompt and issuing a ping command, once to drf.com as a control and another to twinspires.com
I'm not paid to perform IT troubleshooting for Twinspires, screen-capturing pings and traceroutes to solve their app, traffic load, and/or network latency problems...... so i have no interest in "out-arguing" them.

I'm certainly not going to use up resources and personnel at my ISP to solve Twinspires problems, when it's not my ISP's fault though.

Solution: I like some of the features at TS so I just make sure I have an alternative available when it starts acting flakey. I've learned not to bother to call Twinspires tech support.

Last edited by clicknow; 11-13-2020 at 10:52 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: