Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:18 AM   #1576
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
You're such a lazy ass....Took me 2 minutes to find what you seemly can't, as the Media has already started it's planned assault on Trump's economy..

They'll use anything to bring him down, even using CV as a way to crash the Markets, which is Trump's claim of success.
Oh...so now it's "they" who are using CV to crash the Markets, in order to deny Trump his "claim of success". Yesterday you were saying that the crash was UNAVOIDABLE...and that CV had little to do with it. See what I mean when I say that you are talking out of both sides of your mouth?
Old 03-14-2020, 02:25 AM   #1577
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Oh...so now it's "they" who are using CV to crash the Markets, in order to deny Trump his "claim of success". Yesterday you were saying that the crash was UNAVOIDABLE...and that CV had little to do with it. See what I mean when I say that you are talking out of both sides of your mouth?
You are not thinking, not even for a second....THEY are using the over blown HYPE that THEY manufacture through the Media THEY control, to cause fear and eventual panic.

They are making a "correction" in the stock market, into a possible full-blown collapse of the economy for their own political purposes.....That's what they've done with CV since it came into existence, they've used it as a political weapon...You can't see this?...I guess not.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 02:45 AM   #1578
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
You are not thinking, not even for a second....THEY are using the over blown HYPE that THEY manufacture through the Media THEY control, to cause fear and eventual panic.

They are making a "correction" in the stock market, into a possible full-blown collapse of the economy for their own political purposes.....That's what they've done with CV since it came into existence, they've used it as a political weapon...You can't see this?...I guess not.
You obviously see things that I cannot, Randall. I guess that's why your stock market and "political" predictions here have worked out so well.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:37 AM   #1579
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You obviously see things that I cannot, Randall. I guess that's why your stock market and "political" predictions here have worked out so well.
Well I've posted this elsewhere...but i'll post it here as well...RR...take note

Remember history 101...If I control THE money...I care not what party rules...cause I make the rules....it might seem to hurt me...but I'm always 3 steps ahead...

This is nothing but a manufactured money grab by the FED reserve thru shadow corp.'s like blackrock....Mom/Pop had NOWHERE to put their money to stay ahead of inflation. BUT the stock market....and they just didn't sell...they just got raped...

Now they're trying to sucker in small greed player's.....buddy of mine told me was dropping 40k spare cash in Fri...asked him last night if he pulled it out towards the end of the day...he said no...he was leaving it in...alas...I'm thinking THAT is a big mistake...the money grabbing ain't over yet I feel..
Old 03-14-2020, 10:01 AM   #1580
lamboguy

the way i see things is the market will keep dropping until roughly S+P 2000. the fundamental reason why i thing it will bounce there is because i think they are going to have to get rid of predatory short sellers and re-institute the uptick rule to short stocks.

that will help the situation, without restoring the rule will bring us to ZERO and send every company to hell.

once the market does get to 2000, we will have to re-evaluate the chances of this being a bottom or just being short term support.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 11:50 AM   #1581
Suff
Beat up 💪

Actually did’nt crack the top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
You do realize (apparently not) that percentage moves trump (pun intended) point moves? The indexes are considerably higher with a much higher denominator now. Plenty of big percentage losses during the Obama years of 2008 & 2009, the Bush years of 2001-2002 and Clinton in 2000.

Last edited by Suff; 03-14-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 07:54 PM   #1582
Tape Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
the way i see things is the market will keep dropping until roughly S+P 2000.
With you, Bro, on 2000 S&P.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 09:48 PM   #1583
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
With you, Bro, on 2000 S&P.
2 things. i am not rooting for the markets to implode and am not blaming this president or the president before for what is going to happen here.

the catalyst for this big downturn is this terrible virus. our president could have done a lot more much earlier to get in front of this.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:27 AM   #1584
Tape Reader

Quote:
2 things. i am not rooting for the markets to implode and am not blaming this president or the president before for what is going to happen here.

the catalyst for this big downturn is this terrible virus. our president could have done a lot more much earlier to get in front of this.
With you on that also. My opinion on the market is 100% technical.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2020, 12:23 PM   #1585
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
With you on that also. My opinion on the market is 100% technical.
every market consists of 3 phases:

1. accumulation

2. markup

3. distribution

it never changes

technically this past bull market went up on air the past 10 years. the fundamentally it moved due to cheap money. margins were very high and the thing just fell apart and will continue to go down now, probably for more than a generation.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:20 PM   #1586
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Futures have basically opened up lock limit down....Fed cuts rates again TODAY -- NOW AT ZERO...no, this isn't gonna spook the markets...

S&P Futures DOWN 130 points and LOCKED...

LOCKED and LULZ

Keep it up America...keep hiding in your houses.

I wonder if Alton still thinks I told everyone to sell the bottom....DOUBLE LULZ

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-15-2020 at 06:25 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2020, 07:50 PM   #1587
Valuist

3/8 Fibonacci retracement would mean a low of 18,480 on the Dow, and 2124 on the S & P.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2020, 08:13 PM   #1588
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
3/8 Fibonacci retracement would mean a low of 18,480 on the Dow, and 2124 on the S & P.
my numbers have the downside targets going between 1950 and 2150. from those numbers i would be long looking for a decent sized bounce that could turn into something. there is no chance i would ever go long before it reaches those numbers.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:16 PM   #1589
Valuist

Quote:
my numbers have the downside targets going between 1950 and 2150. from those numbers i would be long looking for a decent sized bounce that could turn into something. there is no chance i would ever go long before it reaches those numbers.
Agreed no reason to go long before S & P falls below 2000.

How much of this is due to the Coronavirus and how much due to credit problems which are getting ignored? I heard as much as $1.5 QUADrillion in derivatives in the market. As bad as 2008 was, the derivative number wasn't close to that high.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2020, 08:16 PM   #1590
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Since this country is in a position it has never seen before in modern times, you and I and everyone else has absolutely no clue where the bottom is on this one, or when it might be time to claw your way back in...

This is absolutely uncharted territory...how do you think the market is going to react when people start realizing businesses are starting to fail all around them? People losing their jobs at record rates...if this keeps up, that is absolutely bound to happen. And if so, this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the sell off in the markets.