Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #76
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I may disagree with some of what Mostpost posts here...but I could never accuse the man of being short on literacy. All his posts are well phrased and clearly presented. Which is WAY more than I can say for the majority of the posts of those who keep disparaging him here.
The MENSA candidate also seems to have a handle on humility.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2021, 06:52 PM   #77
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
I don't know of anyone of any party that wants to limit voting rights.
But I do think that only people with the right to vote in U.S. elections "AKA American citizens" should be allowed to vote.
]
Hogwash. Just this year Republicans have posted dozens of laws limiting voting rights and making it more difficult to vote. Laws requiring photo ID or separate voter ID. Laws mandating one and only one drop box for tens of square miles. Laws giving partisan state legislatures the power to overturn elections for specious and illegitimate reasons. Laws punishing people for passing out water to people who have been waiting in line for hours. Laws severely curtailing hours and days for early voting.

Arizona passed a law to throw out the ballot if a person goes to the wrong precinct, instead of just taking it to the correct precinct, checking it against ballots already cast and counting it.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:05 PM   #78
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Hogwash. Just this year Republicans have posted dozens of laws limiting voting rights and making it more difficult to vote. Laws requiring photo ID or separate voter ID. Laws mandating one and only one drop box for tens of square miles. Laws giving partisan state legislatures the power to overturn elections for specious and illegitimate reasons. Laws punishing people for passing out water to people who have been waiting in line for hours. Laws severely curtailing hours and days for early voting.

Arizona passed a law to throw out the ballot if a person goes to the wrong precinct, instead of just taking it to the correct precinct, checking it against ballots already cast and counting it.

Sooooo, someone wants to fly from Boston to Vegas requiring a government issued ID. According to you this is racist and wrong. Someone wants entry into a weed dispensary which requires a current state issued ID, this according to you is also racist and wrong. Entry into a nightclub requiring a state issued ID is according to you racist and wrong. Cop pulls you over and asks for your drivers license, this according to you is racist and wrong.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2021, 07:07 PM   #79
mostpost

Quote:
I don't know of anyone of any party that wants to limit voting rights.
But I do think that only people with the right to vote in U.S. elections "AKA American citizens" should be allowed to vote.

As for clean energy, we all want it.
But the technology is still not around to make it happen.
During the summer solar panels can deflect up to 150% Fahrenheit in to the air.
Windmills are not eco friendly because of the amount of space needed for installation.
They also kill thousands of birds and can be noisy.

There will come a day when energy can be produced safely and cleanly, but that time is not now.
Until that time we will need oil and a pipeline is the cleanest and least costly way to move oil.

This solar plant sends enough heat back into the atmosphere to fry birds midflight. How's that for global warming?
https://youtu.be/y-S0Pn3kOqo
You want clean energy, but you don’t want to spend the money necessary to make it safe and efficient. Solar and wind are not going to magically become safe and efficient without investment. Any investment in oil takes away from that.
Cats kill many more birds tan solar panels.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:47 PM   #80
fast4522

Quote:
To set the record straight-get the pun?-I am not gay. If you posted that thinking to insult me, don’t bother. It’s just factually inaccurate.
Just to get the record straight, I was asking Thaskalos what he thought was going on here with the hate for you. His opinion post was like blowing warm air up your butt. As the case most times liberals do not respond because they do not like to get pinned down so they can have it both ways. So my post was not an insult, I can and do that unmistakably. Thaskalos gives you more credit than you deserve suggesting intellect for not being able to read correctly.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2021, 08:09 PM   #81
MONEY

Quote:

Hogwash.
Just this year Republicans have posted dozens of laws limiting voting rights and making it more difficult to vote.
Laws requiring photo ID or separate voter ID.

Any citizen of the U.S. that wants an ID, can get an ID.

Laws mandating one and only one drop box for tens of square miles.
Most states don't have and never had drop boxes.
Also, except for rural areas (which mostly vote republican) voting precincts are a short distance from ones address.

Laws giving partisan state legislatures the power to overturn elections for specious and illegitimate reasons.
I never heard of this.

Laws punishing people for passing out water to people who have been waiting in line for hours.
There are no laws preventing people for passing out water.
There are laws preventing electioneering within a 100 or 150 feet from a poll.

Laws severely curtailing hours and days for early voting.
Every State gives ample time for early voting.
https://www.ncsl.org/research/electi...elections.aspx

Did you ever try to vote in the wrong precinct? It is impossible. The workers will direct you to the proper address.
You have to create a scene to do it. A state may lose maybe one vote doing this.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:13 PM   #82
Rex Phinney

Mostpost is the perfect picture of the liberals today.

Claim that anyone who opposes them is intolerant and ignorant for not understanding that there is two sides to every coin.

Only to claim every position they take is "right" and dismiss any opposition as stupid.

It's comical to watch. The modern liberal is basically the most intolerant and uncompromising being in the history of American politics. It's their way or no way, all while they call everyone else "Hitler". LOL you can't make this shit up.

It's easy pickings, as every one of these references is from Mostpost's actual writings here.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2021, 08:33 PM   #83
MONEY

Quote:
You want clean energy, but you don’t want to spend the money necessary to make it safe and efficient. Solar and wind are not going to magically become safe and efficient without investment. Any investment in oil takes away from that.
Cats kill many more birds tan solar panels.
I don't know what you're writing about.
Billions of tax dollars have been invested through the years by the U.S. and state governments in clean energy. More billions by private corporations and even the oil industry has invested in the search for a better way to energize the populous. The goal will be achieved. Maybe not in our lifetime, but they will succeed. Until then, we will need fossil fuels.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:07 PM   #84
mostpost

Quote:
Hogwash.
Just this year Republicans have posted dozens of laws limiting voting rights and making it more difficult to vote.
Laws requiring photo ID or separate voter ID.

Any citizen of the U.S. that wants an ID, can get an ID.

Getting an ID is more difficult for some than others. More difficult for inner city minorities. Many of them don’t drive. Often the places that issue the IDs are only open 9-5 on weekdays. Getting anywhere is more difficult for people who don’t own personal transportation Since most inner city minorities vote Democratic, it’s clear who is being targeted

Laws mandating one and only one drop box for tens of square miles.
Most states don't have and never had drop boxes.
Also, except for rural areas (which mostly vote republican) voting precincts are a short distance from ones address.

All states should have drop boxes for early voting. The should be as prevalent as mailboxes. The distance to voting precincts which are open only on Election Day is irrelevant.

Laws giving partisan state legislatures the power to overturn elections for specious and illegitimate reasons.
I never heard of this.

Georgia took the power to oversee elections from the elected Secretary of State and gave it to a Board appointed by the legislature.

Laws punishing people for passing out water to people who have been waiting in line for hours.
There are no laws preventing people for passing out water.
There are laws preventing electioneering within a 100 or 150 feet from a poll.

Again, read the Georgia law. Georgia does allow poll workers to pass out water. But what poll worker has the time to do that and who pays for the water? Will they have water on hand? Or will they go get it as needed. Also, it is very insulting to imply that I would sell my vote for a bottle of water.

Laws severely curtailing hours and days for early voting.
Every State gives ample time for early voting.
https://www.ncsl.org/research/electi...elections.aspx

States are cutting time already allotted by 75% and more. The only reason for that is to curtail the vote.

Did you ever try to vote in the wrong precinct? It is impossible. The workers will direct you to the proper address.
You have to create a scene to do it. A state may lose maybe one vote doing this.
If it never happens why did they go out of their way to ban it, and in such a draconian manner.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:21 PM   #85
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
Mostpost is the perfect picture of the liberals today.

Claim that anyone who opposes them is intolerant and ignorant for not understanding that there is two sides to every coin.

Only to claim every position they take is "right" and dismiss any opposition as stupid.

It's comical to watch. The modern liberal is basically the most intolerant and uncompromising being in the history of American politics. It's their way or no way, all while they call everyone else "Hitler". LOL you can't make this shit up.

It's easy pickings, as every one of these references is from Mostpost's actual writings here.
Really? Well then post chapter and verse. In case you don’t understand, thread name and post number
Old 07-06-2021, 09:41 PM   #86
MONEY

Quote:
If it never happens why did they go out of their way to ban it, and in such a draconian manner.
I don't know, I can only guess.
They could have had people causing scenes at polling locations and pollsters were forced to hand out paper ballots to calm them down. Now they won't have to give in because they have the new rules in writing. (If you vote at the wrong precinct you're vote will not be counted.)

Anyway it's time for harness racing.
I'm not a genius so I can't do more than one thing at a time.

Good Night
Pleasant Dreams
Old 07-06-2021, 09:42 PM   #87
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Cult members can be very dedicated, and stupid.

Quote:
What makes you think Woodtoo’s IQ is above 80?

Quote:
Hannity bragged about the great crowd. Seriously? How hard can it be to find fifty idiots in Texas?

Quote:
Of course I am not a Marxist, but it’s pointless to point that out. In your ignorance you think anyone who disagrees with you is a Marxist. They are not. They are smart.

Quote:
I’m smart because I read a lot. I research things and don’t form opinions Willy nilly. I never listen to Tucker Carlson. I believe nothing Hannity tells me. I never vote Republican.

Quote:
Also, I did not say I never voted for a Republican.

Last edited by Rex Phinney; 07-06-2021 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:57 PM   #88
MargieRose

Quote:
Yeah I am. And even if I wasn’t, I’d say I was just to piss you off.
Just by using the wrong 'past tense' in that sentence tells me you really are not soooooooo smart, after all. Actually, overall, very poor sentence structure, which would undoubtedly result in a Mensa disqualification.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2021, 10:03 PM   #89
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Let me explain about the cult of personality and how it fits Donald Trump and his followers such as are found on this forum. I shall do that the use of other cult leaders and how Trump’s actions mirror theirs.

Juan Peron of Argentina showed contempt for any opponents; and regularly characterised them as traitors and agents of foreign powers. Donald Trump has accused Joe Biden of being an agent of China Hillary Clinton of conspiring with Russia to win the 2016 election. Ironic since he was the one conspiring with Russia.

Adolph Hitler: Starting in the 1920s, during the early years of the Nazi Party, Nazi propaganda began to depict the Nazi leader Adolf Hitler as a demagogue figure who was the almighty defender and saviour of Germany. After the end of World War I and the Treaty of Versailles, the German people were left in turmoil under the Weimar Republic and according to Nazi propaganda, only Hitler could save them and restore Germany's greatness. Donald Trump’s whole political campaign is based on Make America Great Again. On false accusations that others are anti American and agents of Foreign governments.

Another aspect of the cult of personality is to enhance the leaders power by ridiculing and debasing others; Sleepy Joe, Crooked Hillary, Pocohantas and so many others.

You're literally doing the exact same shit you accuse others of, in the same freaking post!

Also quoted for the typical "Trump is Hitler" card.

I can always tell when someone is not smart, because they don't see that big overbearing government is more Adolf Hitler-esque than wanting Americans to have more freedom....

I'm gonna stop there, the more I read your posts the more my head hurts from your shitty grammar. "I shall do that the use of other cult leaders and how Trump’s actions mirror theirs" WTF???

Last edited by Rex Phinney; 07-06-2021 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:31 PM   #90
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post

You do understand the difference between I never VOTE REPUBLICAN and I didn’t say I NEVER VOTED Republican.

I will explain it more simply. I will not and have not for a long time voted for any of today’s Republicans.
Back in 1984 a woman named Judy Baar Topinka ran as a Republican for state Senator in my district. I did not vote for her then but when she ran for re-election I was impressed with the way in which she had worked for her constituents so I voted for her.