Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 09-14-2019, 07:02 AM   #391
TexasDolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I play all the tracks at the same time...and I expect my ADW to promptly and accurately report to me the track conditions and the minutes-to-post of the tracks that I am interested in. Am I asking for too much?
It happens quite a bit ,they will not refresh the 5 race(odds) tote page at reasonable intervals. This is even more noticeable when it is not the current display. I have seen 2 minutes, more than a few times, when the race was starting and I was getting shut out.
TD
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #392
lagavulin62

Update: I just texted Twinspires support and the problem is the Flashplayer. He said the video requires flash to being enabled. But that is the problem.

I am using an android tablet(galaxy tab a) . He said best browser is chrome but it doesn't support flash. I read puffin does support it but how do I enable flash? I don't even think I have it.

Can someone please help? Sounds like the only to watch now is on a laptop, which is very poor quality. I can't use the app because I'm in Texas. Any help appreciated. I just can't believe their video is so limited. I read flash is going obsolete.
lagavulin62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2019, 09:51 PM   #393
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagavulin62 View Post
Update: I just texted Twinspires support and the problem is the Flashplayer. He said the video requires flash to being enabled. But that is the problem.

I am using an android tablet(galaxy tab a) . He said best browser is chrome but it doesn't support flash. I read puffin does support it but how do I enable flash? I don't even think I have it.

Can someone please help? Sounds like the only to watch now is on a laptop, which is very poor quality. I can't use the app because I'm in Texas. Any help appreciated. I just can't believe their video is so limited. I read flash is going obsolete.
Try Fire Fox
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #394
Michael

Quote:

chrome has pepper flash... it's basically just an updated google maintained version of flash player. Can also try brave browser... which may or may-not have a switch you can flip on that will enable pepper flash.

but so you know... flash player is being discontinued because it was being used to spy on people... allowing external users to control your video camera and invade in privacy.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-08-2019, 08:49 PM   #395
molson721

Twinspires classic

Does anybody know if Twinspires is going to get rid of Twinspires Classic wagering interface? I heard that was the plan all along and that would cause me to leave Twinspires IMMEDIATELY!
molson721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-08-2019, 09:29 PM   #396
lagavulin62

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson721 View Post
Does anybody know if Twinspires is going to get rid of Twinspires Classic wagering interface? I heard that was the plan all along and that would cause me to leave Twinspires IMMEDIATELY!
I was using it until just recently. Now it is no longer available and the whole ite is now a total loss for me.

I'd like to know how you have managed to keep it? There is no option on their site. You must be using a very old version f a browser?

But you are correct, the new platform is horrible.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #397
mikesal57
Veteran

Still working for me as of 11:30PM....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (77.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 12-09-2019, 07:45 AM   #398
Parson

it too still works for me as well
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2019, 08:16 AM   #399
lagavulin62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Still working for me as of 11:30PM....
Mike, we are talking about the video feed. Sure I can bet on what I can't see. The whole point is getting the video like we once had. Also that is not the classic view you are showing.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #400
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Mike, we are talking about the video feed. Sure I can bet on what I can't see. The whole point is getting the video like we once had. Also that is not the classic view you are showing.
Not Classic View?

I've been seeing this that way for the past 20 years....

As for the video....I check today's races....

Its early UK races and everything is fine....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (124.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (207.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 12-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #401
lagavulin62

Quote:
Not Classic View?

I've been seeing this that way for the past 20 years....

As for the video....I check today's races....

Its early UK races and everything is fine....
What you showed earlier was not classic view but I see they saved a portion of the old site. I’ve been a member 13 years myself.

In Texas we don’t have that drop down option. But up until a year ago I could sign on to the COMPLETE old site, but I had to use my iphone and a browser that disguises my travels. Now not even that works.

It’s doubtful the Texas Legislature will ever allow online horse betting in my lifetime. But I just wonder why some sites were allowed until now?
Old 12-09-2019, 03:02 PM   #402
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
What you showed earlier was not classic view but I see they saved a portion of the old site. I’ve been a member 13 years myself.

In Texas we don’t have that drop down option. But up until a year ago I could sign on to the COMPLETE old site, but I had to use my iphone and a browser that disguises my travels. Now not even that works.

It’s doubtful the Texas Legislature will ever allow online horse betting in my lifetime. But I just wonder why some sites were allowed until now?
All I could tell you is to call Customer Service.
Being a customer that long should allow you to use Classic....

Bitch like HELL!!!
Old 12-13-2019, 07:23 PM   #403
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
All I could tell you is to call Customer Service.
Being a customer that long should allow you to use Classic....

Bitch like HELL!!!
As much bitching as some of us have done about the new interface, I'm not sure how much that would help. I still have access to "Twinspires Classic" because I did complain though. My buddy who plays the horses a few times a year found out on Breeders Cup Day that he couldn't get "Classic", and was told by support that he couldn't get it enabled for his account, and that only some of the whales "and those that complained a lot" still had access. Then support (via chat) indicated they were considering bringing back Twinspires Classic for everyone. Well, duh.

But since this whole fiasco started last December with the new interface, I've come to realize how crappy Twinspires' video feed is as well. They claim all the ADWs get the same signal source, but Twinspires must fragment and reduce the resolution on purpose, or they get a break on the video signal cost by carrying a lower res signal. While using TVG, Xpressbet or NYRA bets, it's a whole different experience for me. Sharp, clear, and rare for hangups which plagued TS.

I've cut way back on my at TS this year, and am now using TVG and NYRAbets. Until Twinspires brings back the Classic interface which can be used all the time (my settings all get smoked when I navigate elsewhere on the Twinspires site and I have to re-enter all the tracks) AND they improve their video to make it on par with the other ADWs, I don't see any reason to reward them with a larger share of my minnow handle.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2019, 07:28 PM   #404
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
As much bitching as some of us have done about the new interface, I'm not sure how much that would help. I still have access to "Twinspires Classic" because I did complain though. My buddy who plays the horses a few times a year found out on Breeders Cup Day that he couldn't get "Classic", and was told by support that he couldn't get it enabled for his account, and that only some of the whales "and those that complained a lot" still had access. Then support (via chat) indicated they were considering bringing back Twinspires Classic for everyone. Well, duh.

But since this whole fiasco started last December with the new interface, I've come to realize how crappy Twinspires' video feed is as well. They claim all the ADWs get the same signal source, but Twinspires must fragment and reduce the resolution on purpose, or they get a break on the video signal cost by carrying a lower res signal. While using TVG, Xpressbet or NYRA bets, it's a whole different experience for me. Sharp, clear, and rare for hangups which plagued TS.

I've cut way back on my at TS this year, and am now using TVG and NYRAbets. Until Twinspires brings back the Classic interface which can be used all the time (my settings all get smoked when I navigate elsewhere on the Twinspires site and I have to re-enter all the tracks) AND they improve their video to make it on par with the other ADWs, I don't see any reason to reward them with a larger share of my minnow handle.
I hear you...Park
I unfortunately still use Twinspires because they carry all my favorite tracks...

If it wasnt for that I'd use Am Wager.....
Old 12-13-2019, 09:44 PM   #405
trifecta

They still work for me. Twinspires Classic and Express/Pro, along with the video feeds, still seem fine. I didn't complain, either. I've been a member since YouBet, so about 20 years. My browser is Chrome.

I use the Express/Pro interface rather than the Classic interface. Reminds me of YouBet.
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: