Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #676
fast4522

So we all agree agree about MargieRose, I gave to all of you rep points but heck if I know if they are plus. I only see the little rectangle once out of ten times and don't know how to negative points, or where the + or - buttons are if there are any.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2019, 07:10 PM   #677
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
"I see no one standing."
Quite right.

Here's another one: if Trump caused and is therefore responsible for the (partial) Government Shutdown, why can't he just end it?

"The Origination Clause, sometimes called the Revenue Clause, is Article I, Section 7, Clause 1 of the United States Constitution." Wikipedia

Executive Power comes from Article II.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2019, 08:07 PM   #678
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Quite right.

Here's another one: if Trump caused and is therefore responsible for the (partial) Government Shutdown, why can't he just end it?

"The Origination Clause, sometimes called the Revenue Clause, is Article I, Section 7, Clause 1 of the United States Constitution." Wikipedia

Executive Power comes from Article II.
He could end it at any time but it seems to have taken on a life of its own ala "Mexican standoff".
Nancy turned down his offer before it was even stated, POTUS did bring up a little DACA movement but apparently not near enough.

Hoping they can resolve this ASAP.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #679
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

That along with the fact he is offering something while they continue to remain mute.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2019, 08:39 PM   #680
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
He could end it at any time
He can't on his own, it would require coming to some kind of agreement with the Dems in Congress. To end it, Congress has to pass a budget and he has to sign it. He says he won't sign any budget bill that doesn't fund his wall, and the Dems say they won't do that.

The Dems say that they want to pass a budget without the wall funding, get the government open, and negotiate border security after that. Trump says the government stays shut down until he gets the wall funded first.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:45 PM   #681
Clocker

Quote:
That along with the fact he is offering something while they continue to remain mute.
Schumer and Pelosi mute?
Old 01-21-2019, 09:30 PM   #682
elysiantraveller

Quote:
They said "no."
Old 01-21-2019, 09:30 PM   #683
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Sorry you had to receive a negative rating because you agreed with my post and said so publicly.

You should not have to bear this burden simply because some social warrior coward has it In for me.

Thanks again and I apologise.
You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, Reckless...NOTHING! I stand by what I said.

BTW, the only burden that exists regarding this is the mind-numbing burden of animus carried in the mind, heart and soul of the anonymous coward!

Thank you, Reckless...Tom, Woodtoo and Fast, too.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2019, 11:04 PM   #684
elysiantraveller

Back on topic the "Compromise" that Trump offered is actually nothing like what he said it was.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-21-2019 at 11:17 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2019, 12:50 AM   #685
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Back on topic the "Compromise" that Trump offered is actually nothing like what he said it was.
President Donald J Trump is doing what he said he would do, that is all we need for now. Compromise means border security included, without it the government can stay closed.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:19 AM   #686
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
President Donald J Trump is doing what he said he would do, that is all we need for now. Compromise means border security included, without it the government can stay closed.
He hasn't done anything about the wall during two years in office, and all of a sudden the sky is falling?

Or all of a sudden he is in a pissing contest with a Nancy Pelosi?
Old 01-22-2019, 01:35 AM   #687
fast4522

He set in motion what could be done to erase everything Barack Hussein Obama has done, more needs to be done to complete that. Had he done the wall first we would not have a tax bill or any of it. Watch and see each part come into place. Nancy Pelosi is fighting for her party, she too will fail.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:42 AM   #688
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Had he done the wall first we would not have a tax bill or any of it.
A tax cut and a YUGE increase in deficit spending? Brilliant! How does that fit in with his promise to eliminate the debt in 8 years?

But in a rare moment of honesty, The Donald said that he won't be around when the bill comes due.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:49 AM   #689
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I understand the anonymous part per the PA site, but, like JR said, he volunteers his PA identity, which I think is noble and is appreciated, even if he were to convey a criticism...a constructive criticism, but to each his own.

To the person hiding behind anonymity with such a petty criticism of my compliment to Reckless, clearly the bias and insecurity is all yours...just another sinister, wretched lib, obviously!

But hey, thanks for "rating" me.
Be glad that you only received a "biased" comment...instead of the more "colorful" commentary that some of my OWN posts have garnered me here, from some of our "sinister, wretched" CONSERVATIVE brethren who like to hurl anonymous insults. I assure you that the "wretchedness" and the 'pettiness' go both ways. I'll never understand why PA-Mike feels that these cowards deserve the protection of anonymity.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:51 AM   #690
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Be glad that you only received a "biased" comment...instead of the more "colorful" commentary that some of my OWN posts have garnered me here, from some of our "sinister, wretched" CONSERVATIVE brethren who like to hurl anonymous insults. I assure you that the "wretchedness" and the 'pettiness' go both ways. I'll never understand why PA-Mike feels that these cowards deserve the protection of anonymity.
I have no control over how vBulletin was designed. This is how they created this rep feature.

I could turn the feature off...but we've come this far.

And your rating is quite high, so it's impossible that you're receiving all sorts of negative ratings.

It's actually a fairly reliable system the way I see things.