Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 01-25-2019, 07:30 AM   #16
Gorrex

It's not as simple as just pulling the exacta data. The visual basic code must sign in, get the list of events and races, allow the user to select which event race, then download the exacta matrix. It should after that be able to listen for updates instead of polling. I would much rather wait a little while and create a library that everyone can reuse over and over instead of creating a one off that likely will only work for 1 or 2 players. Then it is something we can support for years to come instead of dropping it the first time a change happens. I am the only one of our developers that has any experience in visual basic and its been at least 13 years since I touched it.

Whenever I can find a point I can slip it in and work on it I will. I still cannot guarantee any time frame.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2019, 01:04 PM   #17
sjk

To follow up on my ill-mannered post from yesterday Jason and I have been in contact and he takes my concerns seriously.

I appreciate the high level of customer service from amwager.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 06:56 AM   #18
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrex View Post
My apologies for being so late.. here is the link to the conditional wagering walk-through:

https://www.amwager.com/wiki/doku.ph...ional_wagering

On the excel sheets, we will create a Visual Basic (excel) library you can use in the future. I cannot guarantee actual timing as all of our development resources are tied up currently. Possibly late spring early summer. There will be other updates between now and then that I think most players will like.
Thanks, I'll give it a try today.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2019, 05:33 PM   #19
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrex View Post
My apologies for being so late.. here is the link to the conditional wagering walk-through:

https://www.amwager.com/wiki/doku.ph...ional_wagering

On the excel sheets, .

I posted an Excel workbook here at PA back in 2017 that imported data from Brisnet's Supertote. When Supertote was killed I started getting the data from my AmWager account by simply using Select all, Copy, and Paste Special (unformatted) to a worksheet preformatted as text. (A VBA macro code can do this using 'send keys'.) Once the info is on the worksheet it can be parsed or referenced to find whatever you're interested in. Be sure to have the Exacta Grid showing before "Copy"

If Amwager sets up an Excel import it would be fantastic!
Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 07:57 AM   #20
Gorrex

Almost done the first version. Probably 2 weeks out on update.. a few other things we want to complete.

We are adding a "Copy Data" button which will create a table structure that can be pasted into any spreadsheet program.

Later we will add some excel specific coding to be able to automatically put it into a specific file and sheet. For now wanted to get something out that everyone could use regardless of platform.

And for clarity.. this is for the current UI not the new one.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: