Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-25-2016, 01:41 PM   #121
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
There were a load of good reasons to leave (immigration among them).

I'm a libertarian. As such, I'm for states rights. I want as little power inside the federal government as possible. I want decisions that could impact my safety, job, savings, quality of life etc... to be made at the state level. That way, if someone comes to power in my state that I disagree with strongly on important things, I can always leave and go somewhere that suits me better or that I think is being managed better. I am willing to live with the fact that some states might not share all my values. I actually find that attractive as long as people can leave when things get bad. Unlike leftists and globalists, I don't want to ram my values down other peoples' throats because we are not all alike and sometimes I my be wrong. IMO, that's a better arrangement than living under a bunch of dimwitted bureaucrats in Washington doing dumb ass things from which there is no escape.

If I was European I would feel exactly the same way.

If I was a Brit, I wouldn't want a bunch of Germans having influence over my life or vice versa.

If I lived in the north, I wouldn't want to bear the cost for a bunch of dumb ass Greeks, Italians (I am Italian descent), Spaniards, or Portuguese that refuse to live within their means.

I wouldn't want jobs in my country moving to the cheaper labor countries because it's not so easy to move to another place where the language and culture is different.

I would want an independent well managed currency instead being under the thumb of the ECB.

Sure, the level of immigration, whether it is having an impact on incomes and jobs, whether there are safety concerns, how it's impacting quality of life, etc... matter too. And I'm sure it had a significant impact on voting.

But saying this is all about xenophobia or immigration (which is what the globalist left is saying) is utter nonsense. That's the same left wing bullshit that happens in the US every time anyone disagrees with them. They scream "hate", "xenophobia", "homophobia" etc... to attack the character of those that disagree with them. Sometimes, it's none of those things. We just think the left is wrong or stupid.

As far as war potential goes, all these countries will continue to do business with Great Britain. They'll just negotiate deals that will benefit Brits instead of Germans or someone else.

The faster the European union and Euro fall apart, IMO, the better for people that love freedom.

Get use to it, Class, that's all the Left has. They are all about tolerance, as long as you agree with them. That's why I left the Democrat party years ago, and became an Independent. I still vote Dem, in some local elections, but, Bill Clinton, (first term) was the last Dem that got my vote for President. I got tired of receiving letters from the DNC, belittling and tearing down a Republican, that was running for office, when I could do a little research and find that it was mostly lies. I'm sure the Repubs probably do the same thing, but I've never received anything from them. I still get letters from the DNC asking for money.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #122
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Classy people.
I now see why you're attracted to them.
Tommy... Getting out his pot, to transform it into a kettle!

Personally, I enjoyed this one of the scores of rebukes of that out of his depth, buffoon:

Scotland voted Remain, you weapons-grade plum."
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 02:04 PM   #123
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
I'm reading this thread and the only point that sticks out as valid as to why Leave won is that immigrants who grab benefits while making no effort to assimilate makes most UK residents nauseous. Congrats to Clocker for that.

The rest is from Mars. I've been in London for a month and here's the critical reasons why Leave won IMO.

The Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, is taking a lot of flak for not getting the message out loud enough that staying in the EU was in the working man’s best interest. But I think it’s more like the working man said enough is enough. Immigrants are causing the cost of housing here to go thru the roof especially around London and while Remain was relying on Labour members who live in London to deliver bigtime - it didn't happen; new building is necessary (high number of immigrants each year increase the demand) because there is not enough housing and new building – especially in the South of England - means taking away precious open space. The vast majority want to preserve their open space. Then there is the problem of immigrants taking jobs that people want and that of dealing with terrorism at home.

Still, I was shocked Leave won. You had to lay £7 to get back £9 if you bet Remain a day or so before the election or you could bet £4 to get £15 back if you bet Leave.

I do feel bad for Cameron – I like him. I’m not sure why he feels he must go – maybe he just feels it’s time.

In closing, I'll give you one big reason why I'm not jumping up and down about Leave winning. An Englishman said this and he's right - there has not been a war among European countries since the UK joined the European Common Market in 1973. So you can jump up and down and say Hooray for English sovereignty because Leave won but if World War III starts in Europe in 10 years, the UK may have just won a battle but lost the war.
That's laughable. There was only one advantage to staying, and that "advantage" will be offset almost fully. If Norway could negotiate good trade deals with EU nations, the 5th biggest economy in the world should be able to negotiate even better trade agreements. How about the 19 billion GBP membership fee? What do they get back? Less than 5 billion GBP. Was immigration a factor? Of course. But what makes more sense? To have immigation be determined by British citizens in Parliament? Or having edicts handed down by EU bureaucrats in Brussels?

You liberals have lost your mind. There's ZERO logical reasons to stay.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 02:09 PM   #124
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Sore losers.

They lost so now they say the rules weren't fair. Where have we heard that before?
Where?

Conjecture, with no facts to back it up.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #125
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
You have the larcenous lying witch defecating a new example of being the worst sort of what Rookies seems to hate about Trump on a daily basis. But for whatever reason, he never seems to find time to ridicule her while it's 24/7 Drumpf in any thread where the door is slightly ajar. I truly have a hard time comprehending, when I read his posts on Trump, how it is that the lovely Ms. Clinton never finds her way into his radar. Oh must be because Trump says crazy scary things while she merely lives them and blows utter bullshit balloons from her lips.
As I've mentioned before JHS, I wouldn't have voted for her, as I don't trust her, don't agree with some of her policy decisions and believe she's partly in it for herself.

Of course, like most of the rest of the world (Scotland being the latest example) not named Putin or Kim Long Dong, I believe her opponent is a complete naïf & ignoramus on Foreign Affairs, is bat shite crazy when he opens his gob and is 100% about enriching himself and his family business interests.

Which candidate has ever, during a Presidential campaign, taken a dog leg left to pimp his biz interests... at his Golf Course? and, how many kindred spirit, Joe the Plumbers, own a Golf course? He has as much in common with the hoi polloi, as the rest of the members of the billionaire club- nada!

"How do you like the renovation of my clubhouse" is not exactly, in the same galaxy as:"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall" or "Ich bin ein Berliner."
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #126
tucker6

what many don't want to admit is that Germany found a way for everyone in Europe to subsidize a joint currency so that the Germans as prime beneficiaries could export more goods. It was and is a masterful scheme to dupe all of Europe out of their wealth for the German benefit.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 02:16 PM   #127
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Where?

It was earlier said that some are irate that the polls all said they were remaining in the EU so they didn't go vote.

What else have they got, anyway, in trying to get a petition for a revote? On what basis?

You'll have to get together with Kookies in November so you can drink your sorrows away. Maybe he'll let you live with him. He's in full support of the more the merrier approach to immigration after all.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #128
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
It was earlier said that some are irate that the polls all said they were remaining in the EU so they didn't go vote.

What else have they got, anyway, in trying to get a petition for a revote? On what basis?

You'll have to get together with Kookies in November so you can drink your sorrows away. Maybe he'll let you live with him. He's in full support of the more the merrier approach to immigration after all.
The vote is done.
Over.

Britain just set the clock back 40 years.

Oh, and for those of you taking comfort from the Brexit outcome,
this will have little to no bearing on November, despite your warm fuzzies.

Trump will be destroyed in November.
The man is a fraud.
The message he carries is based on hate and fear.
America won't fall for it.

Last edited by horses4courses; 06-25-2016 at 02:27 PM.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #129
Clocker

Quote:
Where?

Sounds like a good description of those Looney Tune cartoons you post. When have you ever shown facts to back those up, even when challenged?

The wording of the petition on the Parliament web site:

Quote:
"We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the Remain or Leave vote is less than 60% based on a turnout less than 75%, there should be another referendum.”
Old 06-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #130
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies

Which candidate has ever, during a Presidential campaign, taken a dog leg left to pimp his biz interests... at his Golf Course? and, how many kindred spirit, Joe the Plumbers, own a Golf course? He has as much in common with the hoi polloi, as the rest of the members of the billionaire club- nada!

"How do you like the renovation of my clubhouse" is not exactly, in the same galaxy as:"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall" or "Ich bin ein Berliner."
I pulled out the crayons so I could explain it to you again, Kookies. It's normal for a person to continue their business and family life while running for office or even being in office. Trump was at the opening of his golf course, it wasn't a political trip. But in true, brilliant Trump fashion, he's gotten at least an hour that I figure of free press.

Again, I know this all too complex for a simple mind such as yours to understand, but you need to realize your mental limitations and leave the heavy lifting for others. Ok, Kookies?
Old 06-25-2016, 02:26 PM   #131
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
The vote is done.
Over.

It's remarkable how many Americans suddenly give a damn. I suspect it's because you think the liberal side was to remain, so you're all about remaining. What do you really care?
Old 06-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #132
Clocker

Quote:

The losers say the rules weren't fair, and want another vote under rules that would make it harder to leave.

I didn't know they had Democrats in the UK. Sounds like Obama and friends here, who want everything to be 'fair', according to their definition of 'fair'.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:36 PM   #133
Clocker

Quote:

That's great news. Britain was ahead of us in going bat-shite progressive, and now they are ahead of us in going back to a saner time. Let's hope we have the strength to follow.

I don't think Trump is the guy to do it, but I loved the signs I saw in the news from over there that said 'Make Great Britain Great Again'.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:39 PM   #134
tucker6

Quote:
It's remarkable how many Americans suddenly give a damn. I suspect it's because you think the liberal side was to remain, so you're all about remaining. What do you really care?
He cares that BREXIT was about populist and nationalistic sentiments, and what happens in the UK can happen here in November. So go easy on H4C. He is at the denial and anger stages of grief. He needs all of our conservative compassion to get through the next several months.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #135
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
He cares that BREXIT was about populist and nationalistic sentiments, and what happens in the UK can happen here in November. So go easy on H4C. He is at the denial and anger stages of grief. He needs all of our conservative compassion to get through the next several months.
I think he needs a safe space. Maybe Toronto, where the Thought Police can protect him from troubling or triggering words or ideas.

I wonder if he can find cartoons written in Canadian?