Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-01-2022, 05:42 PM   #1
Brisk Urging
Registered User
 
Brisk Urging's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 314
Criminal Act by Sonny Leon GP 4th race

Serious??

take a look at Gp 4th race.#2


Last edited by Brisk Urging; 12-01-2022 at 05:44 PM.
Brisk Urging is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 05:55 PM   #2
Dave Schwartz
 
Dave Schwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 16,207
"Seriously?" is right.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 08:47 PM   #3
sharkey11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 536
now thats what i call rating a horse
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 08:58 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 81,199
What am I supposed to see?

You guys think he purposefully stiffed the horse?

Am I on twitter?
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 09:06 PM   #5
the little guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
What am I supposed to see?

You guys think he purposefully stiffed the horse?

Am I on twitter?
It's a Tweet from the worst racing related Twitter account....and that's saying a LOT.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 09:19 PM   #6
the little guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,937
He's a mediocre rider. This is hardly news. He probably should have tried to hold his position better but to suggest he was cheating is moronic.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 09:24 PM   #7
sharkey11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 536
cheating we all know that never happens in games of chance does it ?and who said he cheated i did not read that word in the posts
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 09:28 PM   #8
the little guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
cheating we all know that never happens in games of chance does it ?and who said he cheated i did not read that word in the posts
Reading is hard, I get it.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 09:43 PM   #9
sharkey11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 536
weather the horse was ridden poorly or not it doesn't matter once you make your bet its out of your control . but dont think for a minute that any game of chance can not be rigged . i rember a jockey named billy patton it was i believe the oaklawn derby . on national tv tossing something at the clubhouse turn after the finish . and the next day or so they raked the turn and found more than 20 of these fine little devices !
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 09:51 PM   #10
Dave Schwartz
 
Dave Schwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 16,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
He's a mediocre rider. This is hardly news. He probably should have tried to hold his position better but to suggest he was cheating is moronic.
Clearly, you are for more expert at watching races for in-race moves (or non-moves) than I am.

As moronic as you may think it is, I simply do not understand why a jockey would offer zero urging to a horse on the lead until he settled into next-to-last and then, suddenly, step on the gas.

Maybe a little bit of that urging on the front end would have given the horse an honest shot, especially since he ran 3rd.

Heck, had he started that urging when he was only 4 lengths back instead of circling the field, the horse might have won by 3.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 10:14 PM   #11
v j stauffer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
weather the horse was ridden poorly or not it doesn't matter once you make your bet its out of your control . but dont think for a minute that any game of chance can not be rigged . i rember a jockey named billy patton it was i believe the oaklawn derby . on national tv tossing something at the clubhouse turn after the finish . and the next day or so they raked the turn and found more than 20 of these fine little devices !
Nonsense.

As for Sonny Leon.

The horse finished 4th because he was 4th best at best.

He looks like a very lazy horse who doesn't like being rushed, doesn't like the inside and is no great fan of Tapeta.

He kinda fooled Leon for a stride or two at the 5/16th's into thinking he might get a bigger piece.

Didn't carry on with that.

Hung on his left lead until very late.

There's one of the things that all you stiff masters don't consider.

Do you think these jocks purposely keep horses on the wrong lead inhibit performance? Now that would be a trick.

Please at least know what you're watching.

A small late spurt made it a closer 4th and that was that.

No stiff.

No horse.

No story.
__________________
"Just because she's a hitter and a thief doesn't mean she's not a good woman in all the other places" Mayrose Prizzi
v j stauffer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 10:20 PM   #12
Dave Schwartz
 
Dave Schwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 16,207
VJ Stauffer,

Quote:
He looks like a very lazy horse who doesn't like being rushed, doesn't like the inside and is no great fan of Tapeta.

He kinda fooled Leon for a stride or two at the 5/16th's into thinking he might get a bigger piece.

Didn't carry on with that.

Hung on his left lead until very late.

Now, THAT is a helpful explanation that even a guy like me can make sense of.

Thank you.


To carry on with that, would you also say that perhaps a better jockey would have been able to get him to switch leads? Or even have changed the entire ride?


Dave
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 10:24 PM   #13
ranchwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: near Lone Star Park
Posts: 4,752
I hope he will have more success. I have an autographed photo.
__________________
Ranch West
Equine Performance Analyst
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 10:33 PM   #14
the little guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Clearly, you are for more expert at watching races for in-race moves (or non-moves) than I am.

As moronic as you may think it is, I simply do not understand why a jockey would offer zero urging to a horse on the lead until he settled into next-to-last and then, suddenly, step on the gas.

Maybe a little bit of that urging on the front end would have given the horse an honest shot, especially since he ran 3rd.

Heck, had he started that urging when he was only 4 lengths back instead of circling the field, the horse might have won by 3.
I wouldn't have described his trip like that in any way. He tried a little to hold the position and the horse was backing out. It happens. He also hardly "suddenly stepped on the gas" and he definitely didn't "circle the field." Actually, save the situation of position, he gave him an OK ride, saving ground and splitting horses. Frankly, I think the biggest crime in watching that video is cutting to a useless head-on angle mid-race. We will never know what took place during that period.

People tend to exaggerate trips and trouble. This horse isn't fast enough to keep up with the leader. He also might not have loved being inside of horses. Blaming Leon, and claiming he did something "criminal" is ridiculous, and that's being nice. Irad Ortiz might have finished second on him today. I don't see a scenario where he would have won.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 10:34 PM   #15
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk
 
Speed Figure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Compton, CA!
Posts: 2,008
Sonny thought after winning the derby he would become a big time rider! He was very good in Ohio, but if he stays at GP when the big meet starts he’ll be lucky to win 10% of his mounts!
Speed Figure is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.