Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-03-2022, 10:27 AM   #46
king kong

Tapeta

Just ask Kenny Rogers you have to know when to hold them and when to fold them!!
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 01:39 PM   #47
Inner Dirt

[QUOTE=Profesor;2844935]Betting Tapeta is like buying lottery tickets,and it’s not just my opinion the smartest and best handicappers
avoid it like the plague QUOTE]

Then it will just attract small bettors looking for lotto type payouts. It used to blow my mind when the OTB would erupt in a roar when a large payout was announced or shown for an exacta or win bet. I heard quite a few people say something like "Have you seen the pay offs at Gulfstream lately?, I think I am going to bet there." Occasionally I would look at some of these $100 to win horses after the fact, that people got excited about. There wasn't a damn thing signaling a wake up, no matter what angle you looked at. Even the lone F among plodders or the plodder against a bunch of speed angle did not work.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 01:54 PM   #48
Profesor

[quote=Inner Dirt;2845062]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profesor View Post
Betting Tapeta is like buying lottery tickets,and it’s not just my opinion the smartest and best handicappers
avoid it like the plague QUOTE]

Then it will just attract small bettors looking for lotto type payouts. It used to blow my mind when the OTB would erupt in a roar when a large payout was announced or shown for an exacta or win bet. I heard quite a few people say something like "Have you seen the pay offs at Gulfstream lately?, I think I am going to bet there." Occasionally I would look at some of these $100 to win horses after the fact, that people got excited about. There wasn't a damn thing signaling a wake up, no matter what angle you looked at. Even the lone F among plodders or the plodder against a bunch of speed angle did not work.
Betting on horses is supposed to be a skill game if I wanted to bet the lottery I’d visit my local 711 not a racetrack
Profesor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 02:05 PM   #49
SandyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Nonsense.

As for Sonny Leon.

The horse finished 4th because he was 4th best at best.

He looks like a very lazy horse who doesn't like being rushed, doesn't like the inside and is no great fan of Tapeta.

He kinda fooled Leon for a stride or two at the 5/16th's into thinking he might get a bigger piece.

Didn't carry on with that.

Hung on his left lead until very late.

There's one of the things that all you stiff masters don't consider.

Do you think these jocks purposely keep horses on the wrong lead inhibit performance? Now that would be a trick.

Please at least know what you're watching.

A small late spurt made it a closer 4th and that was that.

No stiff.

No horse.

No story.
Agree with Vic 100%, I have been watching replays for as long as you could watch them, just another lazy horse. Nothing to see here.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 07:01 PM   #50
Inner Dirt

I think horse players, especially novice ones can be some of the most unaware, stupidest people on the planet.

Nothing tops the boisterous guy who lost a head bob. I don't even remember what track. The guy watches the replay and starts screaming that the stupid jockey on his mount did not hold the horse's head down at the wire. He is loudly cussing up a storm telling anyone within earshot how dumb that jockey is. You could probably strap a 500# weight to a horse's neck and he could lift it up. Even if it was physically possible that would upset a horse's stride.

I challenge anyone to top that for ignorance.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 07:10 PM   #51
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

I challenge anyone to top that for ignorance.
Hold my beer.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply