Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
toussaud

lol @ churchill pick 6

1 week carryover, you make it t hough the last leg, you win the race, only to have your horse DQ'ed and another carryover

priceless
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
onefast99

The bump was enough to give the 6 an edge so they had to dq him and put up the 10.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
The bump was enough to give the 6 an edge so they had to dq him and put up the 10.
i'm not saying it wasn't the right call.

that's still enough for me to go postal if i had the "winning" ticket.

seriously... i dont' think i could handle it.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
point given

Interesting that Albarado was on the 6, an Assmussen runner and not main man Bridgemohan. Thank goodness for the headon replay shot, i thought my play was DOA and got put up on the dq. You've got to feel for the lone p6 ticket holder though. you win the win photo and then get taken down to boot.
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #5
spiketoo

Um, somehow I believe 'lol' in the thread title is highly inappropriate. Perhaps something more in the line of WTF or OMG.

All I know is that the second worse thing that coulda happened would be sitting NEXT to the person with the ticket.
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
Ian Meyers

I didn't have the PK6 ticket but made a pretty large bet on Boltronic. Ruined my day. Was absolutely convinced he lost the photo, but elation turned pretty quickly to dread when the INQUIRY sign was posted.

Friend of a friend (the original source of the info on Boltronic) got DQ'd out of a gigantic tri box with him on top. At least a $25k takedown.

Despite my obvious rooting interest, I think the DQ was justified.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
Bochall

[QUOTE=spiketoo]Um, somehow I believe 'lol' in the thread title is highly inappropriate. Perhaps something more in the line of WTF or OMG.

The ticket holder was probably yelling SOB.
Bochall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
lamboguy

my guess is that the ticket holder had to be either associated with that horse or someone that knew someone associated with that horse. i am sure that the person who singled that first time starter spent alot of money on his ticket!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #9
Bochall

He may have filled out multiple tickets, as any good P6 player does. That 'single' may have been one of many.
Bochall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #10
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
my guess is that the ticket holder had to be either associated with that horse or someone that knew someone associated with that horse. i am sure that the person who singled that first time starter spent alot of money on his ticket!
300k fupeg yearling been, first time out, been woking lights out under steve assumessen, been burning it up in the morning from a trainer that doesn't burn his horses in the morning. i could see you putting him on your ticket.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #11
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
300k fupeg yearling been, first time out, been woking lights out under steve assumessen, been burning it up in the morning from a trainer that doesn't burn his horses in the morning. i could see you putting him on your ticket.
i bet the horse myself,i can guarantee you this, i never looked at the works or the racing form on this one.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #12
point given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Meyers
I didn't have the PK6 ticket but made a pretty large bet on Boltronic. Ruined my day. Was absolutely convinced he lost the photo, but elation turned pretty quickly to dread when the INQUIRY sign was posted.

Friend of a friend (the original source of the info on Boltronic) got DQ'd out of a gigantic tri box with him on top. At least a $25k takedown.

Despite my obvious rooting interest, I think the DQ was justified.
Ouch ! If his bet was a tri box, wouldn't he have still hit ? Tri key ?

To me, the 10 lost the bob on the wire, in front a stride before and after the wire
I didn't see anything on the pan shot on 1st view, but as usual the headon shot showed the bearing out and bumping by the 6 to the 10 horse . Boltronic did seem very well meant though, in works and in the ride Albarado gave him.
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: