Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.46 average.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:34 PM   #226
coachv30

What happened to this thread??????
Old 04-29-2020, 09:24 AM   #227
sharkey11

as with all touts they wear out there welcome over time . tout i have 8 horses in the 6th today and 8 more custmers lol . 7 horse race by the way.
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2020, 09:44 AM   #228
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachv30 View Post
Alcohol blood levels over the limit.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:22 PM   #229
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjjjj View Post
fake to ur highlighted points

-- (pace)did it two years ago and the r.o.i was very small
but never continued and there is not enough contribution from the big
guys at all

--- I 've done extensive research on the chris longshot thread and while its good for the recreational player it does nothing for the serious player or the player who wants to be a consistent winner(imo)
he doesn't give wagering advice so u have to assume that all his selections have to be boxed for the exa /tri/super/ and win

as he claims all his wins

but i have no problem with what he is attempting to do

put through 6,000 of his races in the past years and he is (down r.o.i )so it doesn't help . plus when he starts going on losing streaks there is no bankroll to support it especially if u are a struggling player. so for me

just smoke and mirrors

anyway thanks for ur interest

i have to warn u that u are one of the few supporters here as i am getting it from all sides

but appreciate ur interest
That's true that he does not have a "wagering strategy" but you cannot bash him for his longshot winners/placers. I have seen him do well and continue to hit longshot after longshot even IF it is his 2nd, 3rd or 4th selection. I have also learned some things about his longshot horses and use it in my handicapping along with the book that I absolutely love called "Finding The Hidden Horse" by Conrad Crease. Maybe you should learn something from him rather than saying bad things about his roi/win%/losing streaks etc. I say if you don't learn something from other handicappers that MAY critique your game, then there is no use of playing anymore to fixing/using your game with that new idea or lesson that someone MAY teach you. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by CheckMark; 05-01-2020 at 12:25 PM.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2020, 09:12 AM   #230
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachv30 View Post
Here, I'll pick up the slack:

Morning lines suck, morning lines are stupid.

There's a horse in the 7th at Gulfstream today that might get bet down from 8-1 to 3-1, according to my model. You might want to bet him, or you might not. You decide!
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2020, 03:18 PM   #231
BSniff
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
That's true that he does not have a "wagering strategy" but you cannot bash him for his longshot winners/placers. I have seen him do well and continue to hit longshot after longshot even IF it is his 2nd, 3rd or 4th selection. I have also learned some things about his longshot horses and use it in my handicapping along with the book that I absolutely love called "Finding The Hidden Horse" by Conrad Crease. Maybe you should learn something from him rather than saying bad things about his roi/win%/losing streaks etc. I say if you don't learn something from other handicappers that MAY critique your game, then there is no use of playing anymore to fixing/using your game with that new idea or lesson that someone MAY teach you. Just my 2 cents.
He throws 4 horses against the wall and hopes one sticks. There is no value to what he does.

4th horse wins, his reply is singling out that horse and claiming he has the winner.

He's harmless, but he's far from a serious player or even recreational. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy doesn't push a penny thru the windows.

Until he actually posts a bet, how he's using the horses he throws against the wall, its a worthless thread.

What exactly do you learn from him???
BSniff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2020, 04:37 PM   #232
thaskalos

There was a time when we had some pretty good handicapping discussions here. I miss those days. Now...there seems to be the expectation that the posters here should "show us the money"...by posting picks for extended periods of time so they could gain board "credibility". Speaking for myself, I have never visited the Selections thread...nor have I ever bothered to track anybody's picks. I like an atmosphere where well-explained handicapping ideas get thrown around by experienced horseplayers. And...being an experienced horseplayer myself, I like to think that I can decide for myself whether a handicapping idea has any value or not. I don't need to see the poster's ROI in order to determine the usefulness of his handicapping ideas.

Last edited by thaskalos; 05-05-2020 at 04:41 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2020, 09:18 AM   #233
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSniff View Post
He throws 4 horses against the wall and hopes one sticks. There is no value to what he does.

4th horse wins, his reply is singling out that horse and claiming he has the winner.

He's harmless, but he's far from a serious player or even recreational. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy doesn't push a penny thru the windows.

Until he actually posts a bet, how he's using the horses he throws against the wall, its a worthless thread.

So then don't read his threads.

Problem solved.

You seem to be a person sniffing around for trouble...
Old 05-11-2020, 09:31 AM   #234
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSniff View Post

I learned that he can find long shots and whenever one of his "Picks" win, I would go and look at that horses pp's to see if there is something that I can use for future use. I did try to do that and asked him on PM if he looks at these certain things when handicapping and he said he does not use anything that I said? Weird, but it would be nice if people would respect people instead of bashing people out. I used to bash people out and call them stupid things, which is why I got banned from here twice and allowed back on for the 3rd time (thank you PA) but that is the old me and now I have more positive things to share around rather than calling someone "worthless" or the thread being worthless.
Go and BSniffing somewhere else if you have nothing else better to say.

Last edited by CheckMark; 05-11-2020 at 09:37 AM.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2020, 09:32 AM   #235
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So then don't read his threads.

Problem solved.

You seem to be a person sniffing around for trouble...

Sniff, learn from this.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #236
mmmjjjj
BANNED

july 01 2014

( prof factor )
long time no see
i see u are up to your old tricks again
killing them as usual

if they only knew

was on an extended vacation
wife needed it

parx race 9 post time 4.31 pm

#7 marniesa one step 12-1 ml

how does a horse who was 89-1 last out
moving up in class
0/22 lifetime
gonna go chalkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk in this race

or is he ?? some say its impossible for him to overtake the #4 on the line

i beg to differ

we shall see

we will let the simulations figure it out

my line is 8/5

bet 365--- odds currently --- 6-1 --- right now as of 3.05 pm
some betting exchanges have him as high as---- 8-1
he was as high as 8-1 today absolute craziness!!!!

so right now u could bet 200.00 at 6-1
trade off on the exchanges because he will be probably less than 2-1

and decide if u want to keep the bet or convert it to profit
without even lifting a finger

so how is this not helping the regular viewer??

it doesn't take a wizard to do the math

enjoy ur winnings (if are going to trade off)!!!! i repeat if ur going to trade off!!!!

oh wait " here goes my gibberish again"
oh wait 'here i go again at my desperate attempts to seem intelligent "
oh wait "i am tout looking for business"
oh wait " morning lines are stupid "my model says he might go down" you might want to bet him or not "you decide "
oh wait "maybe we should use the highly reputable projected odds rolled out by the drf " which gives you projections with
5 minutes to post i repeat 5 minutes to post.
oh wait " let me try and get u to be properly excited "

so i will be the villan ( no problem)
ll i can say is if one is open to see the truth you might have a chance
but if one stays like a hard shell u will never be able to see the wizard behind the curtain !!!!!!

and i can tell u this
smoke and mirrors my friends smoke and mirrors
mmmjjjj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2020, 10:45 PM   #237
headhawg
crusty old guy

July 1 2014?? If you can't get the year right how is anyone supposed to believe anything regarding your simulated morning line or whatever it is you call it. Ladies and gentlemen...I think we might just have another attendee of the Knights of the Vague Posts meeting, although someone way more prolific in his word salad than most. (cj will get it.)

The 7 finished last. Just sayin'.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:33 AM   #238
mmmjjjj
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
July 1 2014?? If you can't get the year right how is anyone supposed to believe anything regarding your simulated morning line or whatever it is you call it. Ladies and gentlemen...I think we might just have another attendee of the Knights of the Vague Posts meeting, although someone way more prolific in his word salad than most. (cj will get it.)

The 7 finished last. Just sayin'.

so i guess i will be doing this alot so again i'll repeat it for the 100th time
what is the post about ???

enough said // and
really , the date post . what can i say

i guess you have never made a mistake

and u don't have to believe anything i say , just continue to think that i am the fraud i encourage it

ill tell u what put up a line once in a while
and lets see how much value you can add to my posts

anytime u want my door is always open
mmmjjjj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply