Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #1
lamboguy

Governor Cuomo wants fans

in Saratoga at some point. if it happens it will be limited participation.

he is probably going to take everyone's temperature before they get in and give them wrist bands.

i think its a great idea, but i would also check ID's to make sure people are not coming from heavily infected states
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 03:05 PM   #2
westernmassbob

Wouldn’t part of the problem (at this point) in allowing fans into Saratoga is getting the place staffed? I don’t know if this remains true but apparently most of the workers are NYRA unionized and move to Saratoga for the summer. If I’m wrong please correct me. I know the staff would be downsized if fans are let in but it would still be last minute to organize. I know a teller lady from Gulfstream Park who says she lives in Hollywood Florida that makes the trek every summer to work at Toga. People need to make plans in advance. IDK but I hope I can go and view it live this year.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

he is probably going to take everyone's temperature before they get in and give them wrist bands.

i think its a great idea, but i would also check ID's to make sure people are not coming from heavily infected states
Do you have a link to this as I can't find anyone else that has heard him say this.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 07:15 PM   #4
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

c'mon man
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 08:31 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Do you have a link to this as I can't find anyone else that has heard him say this.
Only if they have links to the voices in lamboguy's head....which would probably be pretty awesome....
Old 06-27-2020, 08:32 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Oh, and for the record...until we hear from dilanesp on this, NOTHING is official.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:09 PM   #7
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
Wouldn’t part of the problem (at this point) in allowing fans into Saratoga is getting the place staffed? I don’t know if this remains true but apparently most of the workers are NYRA unionized and move to Saratoga for the summer. If I’m wrong please correct me. I know the staff would be downsized if fans are let in but it would still be last minute to organize. I know a teller lady from Gulfstream Park who says she lives in Hollywood Florida that makes the trek every summer to work at Toga. People need to make plans in advance. IDK but I hope I can go and view it live this year.
Allow in 10-15k, advance sales only, account betting and maybe self-service only with a few places to cash. Helps manage crowd and reduces/eliminates need for tellers. If you can staff a concession, have at it. Now how that works with the Union- that may be an issue.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 09:30 PM   #8
Nitro

Smile

All race track personnel will be required to wear Hazmat outfits. (No matter how hot it gets.)

All potential race attendees should pop a couple of aspirin or Tylenol 2 hours before coming to the track to insure that their body temperature will be normal when they arrive.

The “fans” Cuomo is referring to are the electric type. They are intended to be positioned at various points around the sitting areas to help blow any virus germs away.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

All this for a virus that kills .02 % of people who contract it.

We are the dumbest country in the world
Old 06-27-2020, 10:06 PM   #10
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
All this for a virus that kills .02 % of people who contract it.

We are the dumbest country in the world
No, I would suggest that we are being locally governed by the dumbest and most reckless people in the country (perhaps the world!)
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 10:14 PM   #11
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Oh, and for the record...until we hear from dilanesp on this, NOTHING is official.
I haven't heard anything.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 10:57 PM   #12
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
I think I know her!

No joke. I'm from Hollywood.

Is her name Kitty?
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 04:28 AM   #13
classhandicapper

The pandemic outlook in NY has changed so drastically from when we were debating this a few weeks back, so should the potential for how to handle it. The tricky part is limiting it, enforcing social distancing, and good air circulation if more than just the backyard is open.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:28 AM   #14
zawaaa
vaguely on topic...

this thread is trash
zawaaa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 08:17 AM   #15
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I think I know her!

No joke. I'm from Hollywood.

Is her name Kitty?
Yes ! She’s very nice and personable. I saw her this past January at Gulfstream and she planned on being at Saratoga for the meet. That’s cool you live in Hollywood. I’ve stayed on the broad walk several times but the last few years in Sunny Isles. BTW I just requested to join your Facebook group.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply