Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-20-2020, 05:11 PM   #16
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Roberts is having one crappy day, feeds are horrible on RTN and on ADWs.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #17
titans1127
Harness racing Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Good to know its not just me. Thankfully the Belmont feed is working via NYRA Bets. Everything else has been buffering like crazy.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2020, 06:00 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Using TFUS figs converted to Quirin, here is the Belmont Stakes
Par is 107-107, using the [13] in the race heading as the par

106-106
103-106 / 104-106
111-107 / 90/97
104-97
111-106
114-110 / 105-108
107-105
106-107

Holy cow - I screwed up the numbers here -----corrections shown above.

had no usable line to use, - should have been
Old 06-20-2020, 06:01 PM   #19
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Looks the best in this one (FIXED #)

Strong pace fig for a closer - I like horses like this. Good late pace figs, but will he be too far back or use some his pace to stay closer - he did pair up TF figs in his last to - ready to move ahead?

good numbers in last, but it was a while ago - can he improve on them of works alone?

Good TF late pace, but his jockey is new to the big Belmont track and I don't like his changes too much against him and not enough "horse" to look like he can overcome - but a shot for gimmicks.

Not much difference in the rest.

Odds will make the bets for me.
Fixed wrong number
Old 06-21-2020, 10:09 AM   #20
jahura2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Is NBC just talking heads only for hours? I bet the 7 th race at Belmont and never saw the thing. Good thing cause it was a debacle betting wise. But why even be on if you’re not showing the races? Did they run when I took a piss or got a beer? Back to the other channel, these guys just like hearing themselves talk for hours. Did I miss the race? C’mon man !
Went through the same thing by the time I had figured out they weren't gonna bother showing the 7th it had already been run. I guess they figured since it was a half assed Belmont that they would have half assed coverage. I have absolutely no use for Mike Tirico, why he is even on racing broadcasts I cant figure. Also do not care what Bailey ever says.
Randy Moss and Eddie O I dont mind., and I never get tired of looking at Brittany Eurton, although they would be better off with Gabby.
jahura2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2020, 11:44 AM   #21
Robert Fischer
clean money

Great show overall, at times I was going elsewhere, covering multiple tracks is good for some, focusing for others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Seconds after I 'tweeted' you about TwinSpires working well, that went down as well.
Between TV and a couple feeds, and having capped in advance, I was fine, all things considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titans1127 View Post
Good to know its not just me. Thankfully the Belmont feed is working via NYRA Bets. Everything else has been buffering like crazy.
Another reason to have a NYRA Bets account, if for nothing else than a quality feed.

Having 3 or 4 screens going live on the race, I almost felt like a real horseplayer for a minute
Old 06-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #22
Muddy
Muddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Is NBC just talking heads only for hours? I bet the 7 th race at Belmont and never saw the thing. Good thing cause it was a debacle betting wise. But why even be on if you’re not showing the races? Did they run when I took a piss or got a beer? Back to the other channel, these guys just like hearing themselves talk for hours. Did I miss the race? C’mon man !
At the top of the show they said that they were only doing the STK races. 8-9-10
Muddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2020, 03:50 PM   #23
titans1127
Harness racing Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Great show overall, at times I was going elsewhere, covering multiple tracks is good for some, focusing for others...

Seconds after I 'tweeted' you about TwinSpires working well, that went down as well.
Between TV and a couple feeds, and having capped in advance, I was fine, all things considered.

Another reason to have a NYRA Bets account, if for nothing else than a quality feed.

Having 3 or 4 screens going live on the race, I almost felt like a real horseplayer for a minute
Its odd because they were using the standard Roberts stream vs their own platform. If you went to watch via nyra.com directly, they redirected you to NBC Sports.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2020, 12:04 PM   #24
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Race 8, Churchill Downs, Friday June 26th, 4:46pm

Optional 150k Claimer N4X for three-year-olds & up, 8 furlongs on turf, field of nine(none are actually up for a tag).

Churchill Downs, Friday June 26th, 4:46pm
Race 8

The , , & are coming out of a 5/23/2020 race with similar conditions (turf Optional 150k Claimer, 10.5f at Churchill). None hit the board that day with the having the best finish(6th).

Mr Dumas 5/2
T.Gaffalione/M.Maker
Horse for the course, with three wins here in four tries (third place finish in other). One of those wins was a Grade 3 from this post. Coming off a nice N3X win at this course five weeks ago. On the downside, of his three races this year, two were pretty bad efforts at Gulfstream.

Snapper Sinclair 7/2
R.Santana/ S.Asmussen
Name may look familiar since he had a fourth-place finish in last year’s BC Dirt mile. Two years before that, a 12th-place in the BC Juvy turf. This will be his first time on turf since 8/2019, eight races ago (a win by the way). Has been winless since so it’s hard to figure why connections ever switched him to dirt? Certainly has the class to compete. Looks ready to fire. Only question is, will he like the green stuff again? If the race switches to dirt(which looks like a longshot at this point), will be odds on. Toss .

Mr. Misunderstood 9/2
F.Geroux/B.Cox
Jockey has been onboard for his last 10 races, with two wins, a second and three thirds. Trainer has been kicking butt this meet with a 24% win plus a 45% WPS. That said, horse has been the betting favorite in his only two races this year with 7th and 8th place finishes. Sometimes Mr. Misunderstood is hard to understand. Good record at this track on the soft turf, but looks like it’s going to be pretty dry today.

Doctor Mounty 5/1
J.Leparoux/C.McGaughey
Seven year old has had 33 lifetime starts with eight wins. His only try at CD was last month where he got up for 6th (as I mentioned), but he was flying late and only lost by a few lengths. He did take a 6-month break before that, so the question is this: Has he seen is best days or did he just “need one?” Johnny V couldn’t do much with him onboard in three out of his last four, so what makes us think Julien can? Toss.

Get Western 8/1
B.Hernandez/ C.LoPresti
Speedster who likes to take em gate-to-wire but, like several here, has been off for the past six months. His last try was here on 11/2019, the G3 River City Handicap , where he folded in the stretch like a cheap card table. The River City Handicap, BTW, was won by Mr. Misunderstood. Trainer’s record not very good at long layoffs. Toss

Spectacular Gem 12/1
J.Graham/J.Baker
Of his 14 lifetime starts, four were at CD with a first, third, fourth and fifth. Of his four lifetime wins (4 for 14), all were gate to wire, so he’ll be battling with for that attempt. Youngest in the field and has been looking good in the morning so his career could be on the upswing unlike most seniors here.

Great Wide Open 15/1
J.Burke /C.Murphy
Eight-year-old gelding had a banner year in 2018, where he earned over $400k. His other four racing years, not so much. His 2019 campaign consisted of eight starts with only two thirds and a fourth to show for it. He’s another that’s coming off of a long layoff with a trainer whose record in that category is not stellar. Guy has seen his best days. Toss.

Made You Look 15/1
A.Beschizza/P. Bauer
Beaten badly in his last three starts, coincidentally after leaving Chad Brown’s barn. Last effort was that 5/23/2020 race I had mentioned, where he finished 8th. Had been with Todd Pletcher before Chad so if those two couldn’t do anything, I doubt if this one can. Toss

Seven Trumpets 20/1
J.Talamo/D.Romans
Nice trainer/jockey but after 18 career starts on dirt, they are switching him to turf, which is a real head scratcher. Had two nice wins last year on dirt (two for four) after recovering from an early season injury. Toss

PACE
& will be battling for the lead, with close behind.

BETS

WIN
Spectacular Gem

EXACTA
, /

TRIFECTA
, / , /
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #25
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Race 1, Belmont, Friday June 26th

Looks like some bridge jumping(BJ) in the first race at Belmont.

1st: Cause Of Action $5.60 $3.80 $4.10
2nd: Dr. Devera's Way $5.20 $5.70
3rd: Big Boy Mo $5.00

Hard to believe someone would BJ on the lowest level claiming race, on a horse coming off a maiden win.

Very strange, this might explain NYRA's tendency lately for cancelling the show bet. Maybe BJing is becoming more prevalent.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:15 PM   #26
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

CD Race 9

Serengeti Empress
Old 06-27-2020, 08:24 PM   #27
Clocker

Brisnet has free Ultimate PPs for these cards on their regular site. As far as I can tell, you do need to have a Brisnet account to get them.

https://www.brisnet.com/product/past-performances
Old 07-16-2020, 11:50 AM   #28
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Let's get the show started!

Andy's picks are up there:

https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/racing/talking-horses

His Best Values:
R1 Sargent Drive 8-1
R6 No Bad Days 12-1
R10 Alley to Calvary 12-1

Would not have been the same if they stayed at Belmont for the summer.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:48 PM   #29
BMustang

This Fox Sports thing is like a bad joke here in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area.

Today, on the opening day of Saratoga, where Fox has exclusive rights to NYRA, our area is providing it ONLY ON FS2, which is not made available to us by $pectrum Cable.
Incidentally, $pectrum does not provide HRTV (TVG-2) on any platform in this area.
Saratoga is supposed to be the premiere race meet of the year. Obviously, noone has sent Fox Sports the memo.

The Saratoga feed on the TVG website repeatedly "buffers", which is another huge pain in the ass.
Can't we get it right??????????????

I do hope when (IF) baseball returns, NYRA will return to TVG where they belong, and this America's Half-Day at the Races insanity will cease.

Last edited by BMustang; 07-16-2020 at 06:51 PM.
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2020, 07:00 PM   #30
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMustang View Post
This Fox Sports thing is like a bad joke here in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area.

Today, on the opening day of Saratoga, where Fox has exclusive rights to NYRA, our area is providing it ONLY ON FS2, which is not made available to us by $pectrum Cable.
Incidentally, $pectrum does not provide HRTV (TVG-2) on any platform in this area.
Saratoga is supposed to be the premiere race meet of the year. Obviously, noone has sent Fox Sports the memo.

The Saratoga feed on the TVG website repeatedly "buffers", which is another huge pain in the ass.
Can't we get it right??????????????

I do hope when (IF) baseball returns, NYRA will return to TVG where they belong, and this America's Half-Day at the Races insanity will cease.
first of all that show is real good.

you can get the feeds a number of ways. if you have NYRA bets, you got it, if you don't you can go on UTUBE

i must admit, its the best racing show today
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: