Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-12-2020, 10:58 AM   #31
Special Butter
Journeyman

Complete Strangers in general no longer being okay with practically laying on each other is another good thing that came out of the Coronavirus Tragedy. Before Coronavirus, this often happened a lot. You are standing in line and some complete Stranger also waiting in line stands just a few INCHES away from you. That generally doesn't happen anymore with The Coronavirus Tragedy and the mandatory 6 feet rule thing.hank God as that was just plain disturbing and awkward.
Special Butter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2020, 01:29 PM   #32
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
I got 15% off my car insurance, saving about 300 dollars. I assumed that car accidents would go down,which they did, but what's odd is that the fatality rate per crash went UP. The total number of fatalities still went down but the theory is with fewer cars on the road, people were driving faster and more recklessly thus leading to a higher death rate per accident.
I just found out that my auto insurance has been cut in half. Dont know what took them so long but I'll take it.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2020, 05:20 PM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I just found out that my auto insurance has been cut in half. Dont know what took them so long but I'll take it.
Better check to see if your coverage has been cut, too!
Old 06-26-2020, 05:43 PM   #34
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Butter View Post
Complete Strangers in general no longer being okay with practically laying on each other is another good thing that came out of the Coronavirus Tragedy. Before Coronavirus, this often happened a lot. You are standing in line and some complete Stranger also waiting in line stands just a few INCHES away from you. That generally doesn't happen anymore with The Coronavirus Tragedy and the mandatory 6 feet rule thing.hank God as that was just plain disturbing and awkward.
I actually like and agree with this curmudgeonly sentiment.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2020, 12:28 PM   #35
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

McConnell backs additional round of stimulus checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Butter View Post
The $1200 Stimulus Check was a GOOD thing that came out of this CV Tragedy.
Looks like there will be another $1200 coming.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...timulus-checks
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2020, 01:25 PM   #36
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Looks like there will be another $1200 coming.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...timulus-checks
payroll tax amnesty for a year for employers would be a godsend. My wife was complaining last night that I was reading an article online and ignoring her. I told her that I was reading that businesses may get tax relief and that our impact may save nearly six figures with a role back of payroll taxes. I never heard another peep out of her.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2020, 01:28 PM   #37
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
payroll tax amnesty for a year for employers would be a godsend. My wife was complaining last night that I was reading an article online and ignoring her. I told her that I was reading that businesses may get tax relief and that our impact may save nearly six figures with a role back of payroll taxes. I never heard another peep out of her.
That is a great idea. When I explain to my employees what they actually cost per hour, their eyes glaze over
Old 07-21-2020, 01:40 PM   #38
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
That is a great idea. When I explain to my employees what they actually cost per hour, their eyes glaze over
My average employee gets paid $11/hr, which is good for this industry in SC. When you add payroll taxes and workers comp, you're now closer to $13/hr. Our average revenue rate is $16.50/hr. Out of that difference, we have to pay for everything else. It's like a grocery store. You only make a couple pennies per dollar but it's a volume game. You know the drill Ralph. People think business owners swim in money. Only the well established ones with good reputations do. You have to make a lot of wise decisions to get there first.

You should get into in-home care. The market grows every day and is somewhat recession proof, especially if you do medicaid.

Last edited by tucker6; 07-21-2020 at 01:44 PM.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2020, 04:00 PM   #39
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
My average employee gets paid $11/hr, which is good for this industry in SC. When you add payroll taxes and workers comp, you're now closer to $13/hr. Our average revenue rate is $16.50/hr. Out of that difference, we have to pay for everything else. It's like a grocery store. You only make a couple pennies per dollar but it's a volume game. You know the drill Ralph. People think business owners swim in money. Only the well established ones with good reputations do. You have to make a lot of wise decisions to get there first.

You should get into in-home care. The market grows every day and is somewhat recession proof, especially if you do medicaid.
Ours is very similar numbers wise. I’m trying to wait it out at the moment. Depends on a ton of things.

We may pivot. Lots of ideas being thrown around