Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:31 AM   #5611
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
So what effect has all the protesting had?

So…Why Hasn’t There Been A COVID Spike From The Protests?
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/c...testing-spread

The National Bureau of Economic Research produced a working paper on Monday after analyzing data from 315 cities that had protests.

“We find no evidence that net COVID-19 case growth differentially rose following the onset of Black Lives Matter protests, and even modest evidence of a small longer-run case growth decline,” the researchers concluded.

....In Minneapolis, the cradle of the current movement, there have been testing sites stood up specifically for those who attended the protests.

Four sites run in partnership with the Mayo Clinic reported late last week that only 62 positive cases came out of 4,487 people tested, for a positivity rate of 1.4 percent, said Dave Verhasselt, a spokesperson for the Minnesota Department of Health. And on Tuesday, another Minnesota system called Health Partners reported a .99 percent positivity rate from the 8,500 it protesters tested.

Those figures are actually below the current statewide positivity rate which, per Verhasselt, is currently hovering around 3.6 to 3.7 percent.

.....And in Washington D.C., which has been undulating with daily protests for weeks — memorialized most famously in pictures from the aggressive clearing of Lafayette Square for the President’s photo-op — the positivity rates are getting better, not worse.

“D.C. Health is still analyzing data to assess the impact of first amendment events in D.C., however we are continuing to see a downward trend in cases overall for the District,” D.C. Health spokeswoman Alison Reeves told TPM.

....Why Is This The Case?

“My first reaction is that we’re lucky,” laughed Dr. Susan Hassig, an epidemiologist at Tulane University’s School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine.

She pointed to two features of the protests in her home city of New Orleans that appear to be shared with demonstrations in other cities: they are taking place outside, and the majority of participants are wearing masks.
You DO REALIZE it's bit soon to WRITE THIS factually....will re-visit down the road.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:26 AM   #5612
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
So what effect has all the protesting had?

So…Why Hasn’t There Been A COVID Spike From The Protests?
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/c...testing-spread
There hasn't? All I've been hearing about are SPIKES!!!

SPIKE here

SPIKE there

But OF COURSE...NONE are related to protests or riots or anything of the sort.

Most likely, EVERY SPIKE recently has been related to the TRUMP RALLY in Oklahoma...

SCIENCE!
Old 06-25-2020, 08:28 AM   #5613
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
You DO REALIZE it's bit soon to WRITE THIS factually....will re-visit down the road.
Isn't it amazing how far these people will go to try and prove their shit doesn't stink????
Old 06-25-2020, 08:35 AM   #5614
tucker6

This post is for Clicknow and other mask Nazis. It is from an OSHA expert. I'll let him/her explain:

For all you mask wearers (especially those of you who think wearing it outside is NOT stupid ����*♀️). I know I’m about to burst your “google doctor degree” bubble, but here goes nothing.

So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.

• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”

• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

-Ultimate Answer:

*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.

*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).

*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.

The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”

Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.

*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.

I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”

If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense. Don’t drink the kool-aid.

Last edited by tucker6; 06-25-2020 at 08:40 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2020, 09:11 AM   #5615
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:

If people WHO ARE sick would just STAY THE frick home....shit wouldn't spread...end of story...

Not that simple. Most don't get sick, especially young, and yet should stay home.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2020, 09:12 AM   #5616
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
This post is for Clicknow and other mask Nazis. It is from an OSHA expert. I'll let him/her explain:

For all you mask wearers (especially those of you who think wearing it outside is NOT stupid ����*♀️). I know I’m about to burst your “google doctor degree” bubble, but here goes nothing.

So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.

• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”

• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

-Ultimate Answer:

*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.

*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).

*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.

The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”

Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.

*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.

I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”

If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense. Don’t drink the kool-aid.
This will make too much sense for some, Thanks you.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:21 AM   #5617
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Not that simple. Most don't get sick, especially young, and yet should stay home.
No no no no no...haven't you heard? Most of the recent cases HAVE BEEN YOUNG PEOPLE!

Be afraid! Always...
Old 06-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #5618
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
No no no no no...haven't you heard? Most of the recent cases HAVE BEEN YOUNG PEOPLE!

Be afraid! Always...
It's like watching Lucy and Charlie Brown with the football. At some point don't you see the similarity?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2020, 09:32 AM   #5619
woodtoo

Quote:

Be afraid! Always...
THis is actually GOOD news as the young recover without hospitalization and death.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:57 AM   #5620
hcap

Quote:
I did not editorialize. I reported reasonable evidence Yes it maybe a bit premature, but as many suspected, the virus is less transmutable outdoors with face masks reducing airborne droplets.

That is, as mostly many suspected

Last edited by hcap; 06-25-2020 at 09:59 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2020, 10:09 AM   #5621
hcap

Quote:
There hasn't? All I've been hearing about are SPIKES!!!

SPIKE here

SPIKE there

But OF COURSE...NONE are related to protests or riots or anything of the sort.

Most likely, EVERY SPIKE recently has been related to the TRUMP RALLY in Oklahoma...

SCIENCE!
Are you taking lessons from the climate change deniers?
They will eventually begrudgingly (at least the most reasonable), admit the globe is warming but deny the mechanism for that warming.

Yes, obviously you can't deny the spikes, (or can you??), but refuse to consider the why of those spikes. Sammy is right, it may be premature, but the scientific principles are sound and the evidence is beginning to be compiled.

Hey maybe Tucker has the real dope?

Last edited by hcap; 06-25-2020 at 10:11 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2020, 10:29 AM   #5622
lamboguy

the governor of Texas just suspended all elective surgery's until further notice.

my guess is he did this because they don't have any beds in the hospital for those that are in danger.

i am saying a prayer now for all our friends in these states that are getting hit now with the corona.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2020, 10:46 AM   #5623
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Are you taking lessons from the climate change deniers?
They will eventually begrudgingly (at least the most reasonable), admit the globe is warming but deny the mechanism for that warming.

Yes, obviously you can't deny the spikes, (or can you??), but refuse to consider the why of those spikes. Sammy is right, it may be premature, but the scientific principles are sound and the evidence is beginning to be compiled.

Hey maybe Tucker has the real dope?
Sounds like YOU are denying all the causes.
For political reasons.

And, everyone KNEW the lock down was to bend the curve.
Do you have a clue what that means?
Do you understand what bending a curve is?

It means delaying the outbreak of the virus so as not to overwhelm the hospitals. It does NOT mean stopping the spread. It means the curve is not as high but much longer.
There was no expectation it would prevent new outbreaks.

And of course, you totally ignore he real metric we need to be talking about - of those tested, what is the % of positives?
Because as you test more,you find more positives. Duh.

Jeeze, for a science guy, you sure don't know much, Professor Proton.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:51 AM   #5624
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
the governor of Texas just suspended all elective surgery's until further notice.

my guess is he did this because they don't have any beds in the hospital for those that are in danger.

i am saying a prayer now for all our friends in these states that are getting hit now with the corona.
While we only mildly shut down in March/April here in AZ it was enough to scare the crap out of the economy, at the time we were having a few hundred cases a day. There really was NO reason to shut down other than political pressure that was being applied to the governor, because everyone else was.

Now when a shutdown is actually needed its almost impossible to do without sending our local economy into the stone age.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2020, 10:56 AM   #5625
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Question N.Y., N.J. and Conn. announce self-quarantine on visitors

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...peu-story.html

"The advisory applies to anyone coming from a state with a COVID-19 transmission rate above 10 per 100,000 people on a seven-day rolling average or 10% of the total population testing positive on a seven-day rolling average."

"A total of nine states — Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington, Texas, and Utah — currently fit the criteria."

I don't understand the criteria here: Here's a California (which isn't included) with Florida.

Florida Last seven Days(Population 21.48M)
Total: 26,295
Ave: 3,756 per day

California Last Seven Days (Population 39.51M)
Total: 32,344
Ave: 4,620 per day

10% of Florida population is: 2.148M

10% of California population is: 3.951M

Last edited by Redboard; 06-25-2020 at 10:57 AM.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply