Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-24-2020, 10:44 AM   #811
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Walmart closing store in Orlando for extra cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i wouldn't advise anyone walk into a wallmart in the middle of Texas even if everyone had 5 masks on and practiced 100 yards of social distancing.
Not just Texas.

A Walmart spokesperson would not discuss whether any employees have tested positive for the coronavirus, but a statement from the company said “like the Orlando-area, our stores have felt the impact of the coronavirus.”

https://www.wesh.com/article/orlando...osure/32949408
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 05:25 PM   #812
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyacker View Post
Sad to hear that. We can't really travel anyway due to corona currently, but I was thinking about the future. Might be things would get better in 2021.
Did you play "Root" in Person of Interest?
Old 06-24-2020, 05:44 PM   #813
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
The wife told me this yesterday, don't know if its valid.

Yesterday was a very bad day for Golden Corral. Golden Corral shuts all company units (35 corporate-owned stores)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 07:59 PM   #814
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Coronavirus has vastly improved my cooking skills. I made Ferran Adrià’s Potato Chip Omelet. I never would have thought about doing that.

Lots more time now to read up on recipes and watch grilling You Tubes from guys who have won grilling contests. I did ribs and steak so far and learned some new methods. .
Ah, grilled ribs.
garyscpa is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 08:19 PM   #815
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyscpa View Post
Ah, grilled ribs.
Gary! The thing that is "new" is that I did not grill the ribs this time.

I watched a whole bunch of different YouTubes about making them in the oven. I've never cooked ribs in the oven. Ever.

I tested out a few different techniques. The one I ended up liking best was from this Lousiana guy (of course, because they're the people in the US who understand "good food" ) and it was a 5 hour exercise.

I started with the membrane-removal on back of ribs, because I like them to almost fall off the bone when done, and that really does help.

Then I used a concoction I made from scratch from some Memphis recipe I found.....and rubbed them down with that real good.

Then into the oven.......and I had to use my digital timer because there were different temperatures to each step; during some parts of it ribs were wrapped and other parts not. I had a small sprayer that I had apple juice and vinegar in, and I sprayed them down every so often as well so there was no "dry-out".

Then of course the final touch, like the star on your Christmas tree, the brushing on of the barbeque sauce at the right interval.

Honestly, they came out much better than "on the grill". I am amazed.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-24-2020 at 08:21 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 08:34 PM   #816
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyscpa View Post
Ah, grilled ribs.
Just polished off a full rack and am 4/6th through my Labatts Ice.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:22 PM   #817
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Just polished off a full rack and am 4/6th through my Labatts Ice.

Did you ever try the pre made ribs at Sams Club Tom?
Old 06-24-2020, 10:32 PM   #818
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

After weeks of progress we have taken a step back this week.
Governor extended Phase 2 for at least two more weeks (but most likely a month).
About 3-4 restaurants in Lafayette have temporarily shut down due to positive Covid tests for their employees. People just don't trust going out right now.
This has been our slowest week in about two months.

All this coming about 10-14 days after all the protests over the death of George Floyd...hmmmm...timing is perfect for a spike in positive cases.
Also, people in Louisiana just can't stop getting together and partying. I've been to a few places where it seems they are taking no precautions at all.

We are taking every employees temperature every day and getting my entire staff tested.
This is not good.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:10 PM   #819
ElKabong

Quote:
i wouldn't advise anyone walk into a wallmart in the middle of Texas even if everyone had 5 masks on and practiced 100 yards of social distancing.
Doesn't bother anyone here to shop, but from Boston or Ocala I guess you can bloviate what all ya like
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 11:15 PM   #820
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Governor extended Phase 2 for at least two more weeks (but most likely a month).
About 3-4 restaurants in Lafayette have temporarily shut down due to positive Covid tests for their employees. People just don't trust going out right now.

All this coming about 10-14 days after all the protests over the death of George Floyd...hmmmm...timing is perfect for a spike in positive cases.
Also, people in Louisiana just can't stop getting together and partying. I've been to a few places where it seems they are taking no precautions at all.

We are taking every employees temperature every day and getting my entire staff tested.
This is not good.
Hoping your business makes it thru this, POT
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 06-24-2020, 11:40 PM   #821
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
The wife told me this yesterday, don't know if its valid.

Yesterday was a very bad day for Golden Corral. Golden Corral shuts all company units (35 corporate-owned stores)
They will sell them to franchisesee’s eventually

I’ve already been approached
Old 06-24-2020, 11:44 PM   #822
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post

This is not good.
Living the same dream. My staff has been pretty much heroic. They roll with the punches pretty well. A few have really stepped up. If we survive I see some future managers developing. I still have about 5-7 laid off
Old 06-24-2020, 11:48 PM   #823
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
They will sell them to franchisesee’s eventually

I’ve already been approached
I went looking but could not find a match that was current from the last two days.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:57 PM   #824
ElKabong

Quote:
Let me give you some local facts, not phony #s. Please scroll down to posts 4670 and 4671 on this page (takes 2 seconds to find). Twitter posts from Jeff Stone... Hope this helps with clarity
>>>>
https://www.hornfans.com/threads/cor...6#post-1740742

I’m a Texas physician. We’re seeing patients for routine care that just happen to be Covid+. They come to the ER for kidney stones, appendicitis, etc. and get dx with Covid on admission. This makes the Covid situation look worse than it really is.
2:30 PM · Jun 24, 2020

===========

The rise in cases is being driven by testing. In my LTC facility, we've seen additional positive cases, but most asymptomatic. If symptomatic, very mild. The virus is losing efficacy.

Last edited by ElKabong; 06-24-2020 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:19 AM   #825
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Gary! The thing that is "new" is that I did not grill the ribs this time.

I watched a whole bunch of different YouTubes about making them in the oven. I've never cooked ribs in the oven. Ever.

I tested out a few different techniques. The one I ended up liking best was from this Lousiana guy (of course, because they're the people in the US who understand "good food" ) and it was a 5 hour exercise.

I started with the membrane-removal on back of ribs, because I like them to almost fall off the bone when done, and that really does help.

Then I used a concoction I made from scratch from some Memphis recipe I found.....and rubbed them down with that real good.

Then into the oven.......and I had to use my digital timer because there were different temperatures to each step; during some parts of it ribs were wrapped and other parts not. I had a small sprayer that I had apple juice and vinegar in, and I sprayed them down every so often as well so there was no "dry-out".

Then of course the final touch, like the star on your Christmas tree, the brushing on of the barbeque sauce at the right interval.

Honestly, they came out much better than "on the grill". I am amazed.
I've heard that some of those YouTuber's even smoke them.
garyscpa is online now   Reply With Quote Reply