Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 12-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: December 9

Race One:

“I’ve got a ‘golden rail’…I’ve got a golden twinkle in my eye…” (Willy Wonka). My feeling. My belief. Based on physics and meteorology (and the speed and endurance of the thoroughbred race-horses) …is: that “the inside” with front-speed is going to be the place to be. In the opener, I’m lookin’ for value in all the right places with 2 Troubled Lover. This 2 year-old Into Mischief-bred bay colt should be out and going when the bell sounds and the gates open (I wouldn’t be surprised if he got Travis Stone’s first call). This colt has been dropping faster than the old express elevator at Jordan Marsh (Boston). Yes, he’s had excuses. Bumped. Turf. Mud. Now, dry. Voila! The veteran Aaron Gryder (The Dubai World Cup win seems like yesterday) is in the irons. Long Island’s Gary Contessa trains (he’s having a sold “Big A” meet). As the late-great Howard Cosell used to say “He Could…Go…All…The…Way!” Others: 4, 5.

Race Two:

3 Morethanjusthello switches from the lawn to the main - where she won in the past - in this n3L claiming sprint. In her aforementioned, previously cited win on the main right here in South Ozone, L.I., NY, she easily defeated a better caliber field. “…déjà vu all over again? (“Yogi”). I believe her chances are better than good. The riding services of Jose Ortiz; the training skills of Mike Maker (he does very well in sprint-route-sprints). This More Than Ready-bred looks primed for a win. Others: 5, 2

Race Three:

Rupees. Shekels. Krona. Real. Dinar. Renminbi. Yen. Euros. Dollars. Whatever you call money? It’s up for grabs with a “Big A” Pick-6 carryover of $837k. That’s as in “huge”! At Race Three Postime: Do I hear a pool of one million-five? Do I hear one million-seven? Gag Me With A Spoon! Book me on a flight to Miami International. Hallandale and Oldsmar…here I come! Can it happen? You bet your dupa! In this third race I like the 2 Street Lord. This lightly-raced Street Hero-bred gelding has faced better (dropping two levels). This gelding has won at a higher level right here at Aqueduct. He has the services of the evere-improving “Double A.” Angel Arroyo. Two winners on yesterday’s card. Front speed. Cutting back. Ration, ration, ration. The most capable Gary Gullo trains. He does well down two classifications, albeit with a limited sampling. Others: 5, 6

Race Four:

4 Bow Town Cat switches from a turf route to a sprint on the main. Rajiv Maragh is in the irons for trainer Pat Reynolds. A solid recent work signals readiness. This Cowtown Cat-bred chestnut filly should be out and going when the gates open. An alert start combined with parceling out this filly’s speed and endurance should be all that appears necessary for this filly to get her picture taken. The filly’s broodmare, Clara Bow (“The It Girl”) had two winners from four starters. Others: 6, 3

Race Five:

5 Chilly Bon Bon gets my nod in this allowance route for New York State-breds. This Giant’s Causeway-bred, 3 year-old chestnut gelding picks up the chauffeuring services of “The King of Philadelphia,” the ever-smiling Kendrick Carmouche. The gelding’s trainer is Michelle Nevin; she’s put together an excellent Aqueduct meet. Nevin does with both with horses entered in allowance races and second starts wqith a trainer. A recent sharp 4-panels work, handily, signals readiness. Others: 3, 1/1A

Race Six:

6 Smile Big can make amends for being disqualified from first to last in her most recent turf race. This 3 year-old Montbrook-bred filly has graced the tote board in 70% of her pari-mutuel tries. Jose Ortiz should have her in a good stalking position as the field moves down the front straight. Careful handling would put this filly in a good pouncing position as the field reaches the top of the stretch. The most capable Linda Rice is this distaffer’s trainer. Rice is having an outstanding Aqueduct meet. She does very well with horses going from turf to dirt. Others: 1, 7

Race Seven:

5 Send It In has won four-straight. Can this Big Brown-bred bay make it five in a row? I believe he has a distinct chance. Manny Franco reprises the ride for trainer Todd Pletcher and owner Paul Pompa, Jr. This Awesome Again-bred 4 year-old has, admittedly, been on the shelf. That’s a concern. Yet, trainer Pletcher does very well with horses that have been away from the races. A steady array of recent works signals readiness. This gelding will be looking to stalk and pounce in this OC route. Others: 4, 1

Race Eight:

5 Leftovers was closing in this company a little less than one month ago. As reported earlier, Angel Arroyo has found his mojo. He becomes more and more of a jockey consideration factor as the “Big A” meet progresses. Admittedly, this Pulpit-bred chestnut gelding’s trainer, Naipaul Chatterpaul, is having a lackluster Aqueduct meet. Yet, I still believe Chatterpaul is most capable on conditioning a winner here. With the presumed favorite declared, I believe this shapes up as a wide-open race. Others: 2, 7

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2016, 01:35 PM   #2
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Yay, the entire jocks room is Alive after leg 1!!
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Another crappy stopper wins by daylight as a massive underlay. Yawn. Another boat race
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply