Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
sammy the sage

New p-6 bet...100K...every sat...in 60 mins!

http://www.sixtyminutesix.com/index.html
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
jballscalls

Unhappy

I'm still trying to get a track to pick up my idea of the Mix Six.

Race 1-thoroughbred dirt
Race 2-quarterhorse
Race 3-Arabian
Race 4-thoroughbred Turf
Race 5-Mule
Race 6-Harness Pace

surprisingly, nobody has gotten back to me.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
cmoore

How about on Sundays during football season they add 3 races to a card. Those races are a field of 5 football games. So you have to pick a team in those 3 races. They would include the late games on Sunday night (4pm and 8pm games) and the Monday night. Mix it in with a pick 6 starting in race 3. So race 3,4,5 (horses)and 11,12,13 (football) if it's a ten race card..

Last edited by cmoore; 06-19-2008 at 05:43 PM.
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
toetoe
Veteran

1) paints;

2) steeplechasing thoroughbreds;

3) greyhounds over jumps, as mentioned in Crist's book;

4) quarterhorses on turf;

5) trotters over ramps;

6) bikini clad ladies on hippity hops ( ).
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #5
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Notice that at least it is an attempt, even if it is misguided, for multiple tracks under different ownerships to do something in a cooperative manner
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Notice that at least it is an attempt, even if it is misguided, for multiple tracks under different ownerships to do something in a cooperative manner
It's easy to cooperate when you're taking 25% off the top and forcing many players to deal with tracks that are outside their normal range of expertise. Notice that they never mention the takeout level!

You can play the SoCal P6 any day of the week, with no carryover, with 20.7% takeout and the pool is always over $100K. It's one track, one circuit.

The only value to this multi-track bet would be if they don't make their $100K and they are forced to pony up some dough to hit the minimum...depending on the amount of that infusion, the pool could have some intrinsic value.

Notice that they are giving the horseplayer absolutely nothing with this bet unless it absolutely bombs (handle wise) in which case they will probably drop it!!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #7
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Its never easy for these guys to cooperate. Look, I said the idea was misguided and they certainly could and should have come up with something better, but if we are just going to slam anything that the tracks try to do without sending some positive feedback, then we deserve to be ignored. Maybe horseplayers get ignored too much in the big scramble for the $, but I swear some times we complain so much often about the dumbest things and at times with complete ignorance that I have to believe it starts turning into white noise to them. We start sounding like a bunch of whiners and those of us that do have ideas get competely drowned out by those that do nothing but complain and still show up every day. How can they take people like that seriously? I sure don't. Don't just say its a dumb idea and they are just greedy, we know that already and they know what they are trying to accomplish. Look at the idea cmoore has up there. That's a great idea. Unfortunately in most states sports gambling is illegal, so it can't fly at the moment, but at least its thinking about inovative approaches rather than simply saying that its stupid.

They have created a new bet for us to play. No one is "forced" to do anything. If people are interested they will play it, if not, it will be discontinued like any product for a business that loses money. It will probably be one that isn't all that successful, but it is at least an attempt at something. Clearly they are trying to play into the ADD that so many people get stuck on these days so you can do a P6 in an hour rather than 2 1/2. That's probably still not fast enough for a population that drains a $20 in a slot machine in about 37 seconds so I'm sure as with all the other bets it won't bring in any more money than what was already there.

I probably won't play it because I am not a P6 player normally because I don't have a big enough bankroll to do it properly. Some might like it though as many east coasters are well familiar with the 4 tracks. I'd much rather play this than a P6 that's half on the poly in socal to tell the truth.

Last edited by OTM Al; 06-20-2008 at 12:02 AM.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 07:28 AM   #8
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Its never easy for these guys to cooperate. Look, I said the idea was misguided and they certainly could and should have come up with something better, but if we are just going to slam anything that the tracks try to do without sending some positive feedback, then we deserve to be ignored. Maybe horseplayers get ignored too much in the big scramble for the $, but I swear some times we complain so much often about the dumbest things and at times with complete ignorance that I have to believe it starts turning into white noise to them. We start sounding like a bunch of whiners and those of us that do have ideas get competely drowned out by those that do nothing but complain and still show up every day. How can they take people like that seriously? I sure don't. Don't just say its a dumb idea and they are just greedy, we know that already and they know what they are trying to accomplish. Look at the idea cmoore has up there. That's a great idea. Unfortunately in most states sports gambling is illegal, so it can't fly at the moment, but at least its thinking about inovative approaches rather than simply saying that its stupid.

They have created a new bet for us to play. No one is "forced" to do anything. If people are interested they will play it, if not, it will be discontinued like any product for a business that loses money. It will probably be one that isn't all that successful, but it is at least an attempt at something. Clearly they are trying to play into the ADD that so many people get stuck on these days so you can do a P6 in an hour rather than 2 1/2. That's probably still not fast enough for a population that drains a $20 in a slot machine in about 37 seconds so I'm sure as with all the other bets it won't bring in any more money than what was already there.

I probably won't play it because I am not a P6 player normally because I don't have a big enough bankroll to do it properly. Some might like it though as many east coasters are well familiar with the 4 tracks. I'd much rather play this than a P6 that's half on the poly in socal to tell the truth.
I wasn't criticizing what you said. My beef is with the industry, the concept being advanced by these tracks that these bets are somehow good for horseplayers because they're "guaranteeing" a $100K pot (it has a carryover provision that will mitigate much of that risk) and the fact that they fail to disclose how much they're taking out for the "right" to play.

I won't play it either, nor do I play the SoCal P6's which I used as an example of a P6 that routinely goes over $100K even without any carryover or pool supplement and which has a lower takeout than the 25% that I expect this has....(with Philly Park in the mix, who knows, maybe the takeout is 30%!)

Last edited by rrbauer; 06-20-2008 at 07:37 AM.
rrbauer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #9
098poi

I remember hearing on At the Races and Beyond about a pick 6 bet in Peru or Brazil (?) that requires only ONE winner. If more than one person hits there is a carryover until there is a sole winner. Apparently the pools can get huge and get a lot of people involved. If someone has more accurate info please feel free to update.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #10
onefast99

Actually I always wanted to see a pick six at 6 different tracks with the six races all being the feature race. The closest thing to it is the Sunshine Millions.
onefast99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #11
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 098poi
I remember hearing on At the Races and Beyond about a pick 6 bet in Peru or Brazil (?) that requires only ONE winner. If more than one person hits there is a carryover until there is a sole winner. Apparently the pools can get huge and get a lot of people involved. If someone has more accurate info please feel free to update.
They do that at Beulah Park!!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #12
DerbyTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 098poi
It's in Puerto Rico.. There was something like an $11,000,000 payout a few months ago. And there's the Swedish harness bet that is like lotto there... Millions every week. (And jballs is of course right about the Ohio progressive P6)...

The 60-6 hasn't turned out like they originally hoped or planned. Was to be a 15% takeout-$1 minimum. Each state has taken on different responsibilities, and apparently, because of the way New Jersey laws are written, they have to govern the policies/rules of the bet, and $2/25% came out on top. It's too bad because I've been very excited about the concept based on the success of the Magna 5.

PHA's Sal Sinatra, who is in charge of selecting the 6 races each week, should be on "At the Races" tonight to provide latest explanation of the way things turned out on the concept. The first 6 of this Saturday is murderously tough...
DerbyTrail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #13
098poi

11 mil in Puerto Rico!! Wow. I didn't know about Beulah either.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #14
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Turns out on multiple combination tickets (2 or more combinations) the 60-minute P6 a $1 bet. Can't bet a 1x1x1x1x1x1 for a buck but add another horse anywhere and you can. Kind of like not being to bet a one-way exacta for a buck but a box is OK for a buck. What do they accomplish from these assnine rules other than to annoy their customers?

And the gross pool was over $100K so the tracks didn't have to pony up any minimums. Plus there is a $64K+ carryover into next Saturday's hour-long festival.

Last edited by rrbauer; 06-21-2008 at 07:12 PM.
rrbauer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #15
Cangamble
Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
Turns out on multiple combination tickets (2 or more combinations) the 60-minute P6 a $1 bet. Can't bet a 1x1x1x1x1x1 for a buck but add another horse anywhere and you can. Kind of like not being to bet a one-way exacta for a buck but a box is OK for a buck. What do they accomplish from these assnine rules other than to annoy their customers?

And the gross pool was over $100K so the tracks didn't have to pony up any minimums. Plus there is a $64K+ carryover into next Saturday's hour-long festival.
That isn't that unusual. Tracks that take $1 Doubles, require you take at least two combinations or there is a $2 minimum.

The $100,000 guarantee was a good calculated move as well.

And the $64,000 carryover is just what the doctor ordered to put this bet on the map.