Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #661
woodtoo

She will testify -Drudge
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 03:13 PM   #662
woodtoo

IMO She won't be able to testify till Thursday, Grassley says no way. Vote on Monday.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 03:27 PM   #663
Burls
Veteran

Brett Kavanaugh avoids shaking hands with father of Parkland shooting victim

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brett-k...ooting-victim/

Fred Guttenberg, the father of Jamie Guttenberg who was killed in the shooting in Parkland, Florida, tweeted about the experience Tuesday afternoon. "Put out my hand to introduce myself as Jaime Guttenberg's dad. He pulled his hand back, turned his back to me and walked away. I guess he did not want to deal with the reality of gun violence," Guttenberg wrote.

Judge Brett Kavanaugh is a fine man, with an impeccable reputation tweeted Doofus Drumph
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #664
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post

Fred Guttenberg, the father of Jamie Guttenberg who was killed in the shooting in Parkland, Florida, tweeted about the experience Tuesday afternoon. "Put out my hand to introduce myself as Jaime Guttenberg's dad. He pulled his hand back, turned his back to me and walked away. I guess he did not want to deal with the reality of gun violence," Guttenberg wrote.

Judge Brett Kavanaugh is a fine man, with an impeccable reputation tweeted Doofus Drumph

Old news, big nothing-burger....Please try to stay current..
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #665
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post

More he said, she said. Kavanaugh said he and his security thought the guy was a protester and moved away from him. So what? Kavanaugh had a hard day, getting attacked all day by a bunch of ankle-biter Democrats, and just wanted to get out of there. He is supposed to stop and make nice to any stranger that approaches him?
Old 09-22-2018, 04:07 PM   #666
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
by monday there will be a report out indicating how many flights this gal has taken since this alleged incidence. It'll probably be well into the double figures if not triple figures. yet she won't fly
I think this is a misunderstanding.
What she meant was her story would not fly!~
Old 09-22-2018, 04:09 PM   #667
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
More he said, she said. Kavanaugh said he and his security thought the guy was a protester and moved away from him. So what? Kavanaugh had a hard day, getting attacked all day by a bunch of ankle-biter Democrats, and just wanted to get out of there. He is supposed to stop and make nice to any stranger that approaches him?
In Burl's little world, all politicians are happy to shake hands and let complete strangers have immediate access.

The SS story sounds real, Burls' sounds like liberal BS.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:17 PM   #668
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
Anita Hill's complaint was against a federal law enforcement official, therefore a violation of her rights (A federal offense).

Ford's allegations are against a 17 year high school student, almost 40 years in the past.
A state crime, with a statute of limitations that has expired.
A background check or investigation is part of the Senate vetting a candidate for a federal job. Part of a thorough employment interview.

The FBI checks out and verifies background info. Anita Hill sexual harassment complaints were not investigated as a federal offense or crime, requiring the level of evidence needed to charge and prosecute a crime. The FBI was used to verify Thomas' fitness to serve.

The FBI does both, vetting and crime investigation. Neither Anita Hill was, or Dr Ford are going to be checked out as crime victims. Although as I understand it the statute of limitations under Maryland law depending on the charges brought, may not apply,and Dr Ford could do just that.

Doubt that she will**

**Lisae Jordan, the executive director and counsel for the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault, said the allegation could also be considered attempted second-degree rape or an attempted second-degree sexual offense, though she stressed it’s “very difficult to assess whether the actions rise to the level of an attempt given the limited facts we have.”

Last edited by hcap; 09-22-2018 at 04:18 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #669
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You're a great one to complain about an ad hominem after you called me "pebble brain"?

Geesh...where's PA when you need him? I thought name calling was prohibited by the TOS. PA flagged me for calling him a biblical name on the Religion thread, for crying out loud!

Double standards are alive and well outside the Beltway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOU
You are denser than a rock!

Told you, you don't remember what you say.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:25 PM   #670
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
A background check or investigation is part of the Senate vetting a candidate for a federal job. Part of a thorough employment interview.

The FBI checks out and verifies background info. Anita Hill sexual harassment complaints were not investigated as a federal offense or crime, requiring the level of evidence needed to charge and prosecute a crime. The FBI was used to verify Thomas' fitness to serve.

The FBI does both, vetting and crime investigation. Neither Anita Hill was, or Dr Ford are going to be checked out as crime victims. Although as I understand it the statute of limitations under Maryland law depending on the charges brought, may not apply,and Dr Ford could do just that.

Doubt that she will**

**Lisae Jordan, the executive director and counsel for the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault, said the allegation could also be considered attempted second-degree rape or an attempted second-degree sexual offense, though she stressed it’s “very difficult to assess whether the actions rise to the level of an attempt given the limited facts we have.”
Do you really know what a background check is? When I bought my guns several years ago, I required a background check to consummate the sale and take possession. The checks (since I own multiple firearms) on both occasions took less than 72 hours as I recall.

How many FBI agents, do you think, verified the criminal data bases?
Old 09-22-2018, 04:26 PM   #671
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

Told you, you don't remember what you say.
But I didn't call you a dumb rock!
Old 09-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #672
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
You can't make this stuff up. Unless you are a moonbeam lawyer.

The attorney for the alleged assaultee says that even after over 35 years, and after several months of the Dems sitting on information, the Judiciary committee is asking for "aggressive and artificial deadlines" which caused "unwarranted anxiety and stress on Dr. Ford."

Also, according to the attorney, the "quick" action on a hearing is unreasonable because the alleged assaultee doesn't like to fly. She is not comfortable in confined spaces and planes due to trauma she has experienced.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/09/21/...t-like-flying/
"Moonbeam" repugs sat on the Merrick Garland nomination for close to 300 days vowing to deny Obama hi chance. Claiming they would wait for the next rethug preznit before they would come don from their fantasy moonbeams.

Man speaking of "aggressive and artificial deadlines"
which caused "unwarranted anxiety and stress on the democratic party.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #673
hcap

Quote:
Do you really know what a background check is? When I bought my guns several years ago, I required a background check to consummate the sale and take possession. The checks (since I own multiple firearms) on both occasions took less than 72 hours as I recall.

How many FBI agents, do you think, verified the criminal data bases?
Did any of your guns hold you down and hold your mouth shut as you groped them?

The Supreme court is NOT you getting hot over firearms.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:36 PM   #674
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The FBI was used to verify Thomas' fitness to serve.
No, it was not. They only verify events.

Anita Hill testified under oath BEFORE the confirmation hearings were over.

She also provided specifics, dates, places, etc.

Unlike this demo-tool.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:42 PM   #675
hcap

Quote:
But I didn't call you a dumb rock!
Pebble brain is no biggie after you comparing my intelligent to the density of a rock. Once again you dish it out but cry OUT for PA WHEN YOU CAN'T TAKE IT.

At least remember your outgoing insults, before moaning hysterically about your incoming