Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:51 PM   #2701
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Silver and Gold in Your Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLong View Post
key short-term interest rates could actually fall below zero

If and when that happens money markets could lose their peg no telling what happens next. Inflation buzz is just noise in the machine, distracting but not currently tradeable. What are you gonna do, buy TIP's?
Bottom-line, if the Bond Market falls, it ALL collapses....Everything.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2021, 09:50 AM   #2702
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
After the parabolic rise of $BTCUSD in the last year, I'm calling for it not reaching the $60K's level again for 2-1/2 to 3 years. I think it will go to 30K before it goes to the 60's again. If it drops below support at 28.5K, look out. The reddit traders may prove me wrong.
Seeing as Bitcoin has made the Death Cross(Friday), and is bouncing around the support at $32K-36K. It has a shot to drop to the next level at the $17K to $19K level. It's currently at the 50% retracement, 17-19K puts it at 75-80%.

https://schrts.co/QCkDpHhI

The $SPX and Nasdaq aren't even close to a Death Cross(50MA X 200MA), if they can stop their decline, maybe the Cryptos can reverse. Cryptos are still so new to me, as to how they interact to the market, we'll have to wait and see.
Old 06-20-2021, 10:59 AM   #2703
lamboguy

big takedown in the precious metals sector this week.. i like it when its a fast price destruction, it takes out a lot of stops and might have a bit more downside to go.

my stock this week is Electric Royalties.. they are a royalty and streaming comping for electric metals like Nickle, Copperm, Zink, Lithium and others.

this company seems like it has good management. they own most of the outstanding shares..

price closed above .36 per share... I am looking to get in around .32
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2021, 09:46 AM   #2704
FakeNameChanged

$Bitcoin under $30K

Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged
After the parabolic rise of $BTCUSD in the last year, I'm calling for it not reaching the $60K's level again for 2-1/2 to 3 years. I think it will go to 30K before it goes to the 60's again. If it drops below support at 28.5K, look out.

Quote:
Seeing as Bitcoin has made the Death Cross(Friday), and is bouncing around the support at $32K-36K. It has a shot to drop to the next level at the $17K to $19K level. It's currently at the 50% retracement, 17-19K puts it at 75-80%.

https://schrts.co/QCkDpHhI
Bitcoin is below $30K now, we'll see where it closes. The RSI is almost in the oversold territory.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:38 PM   #2705
lamboguy

Krispy Kreme

this company just went public again for the second time... the first time they could do no wrong for about a year and a half.. the stock went up to over $100 before it crashed and burned to the ground...today the stock starts trading @$17 and gets up to $20... again this company is losing money and they are pushing out paper once more... this is a cult stock
Old 07-01-2021, 05:05 PM   #2706
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
this company just went public again for the second time... the first time they could do no wrong for about a year and a half.. the stock went up to over $100 before it crashed and burned to the ground...today the stock starts trading @$17 and gets up to $20... again this company is losing money and they are pushing out paper once more... this is a cult stock
plus their donuts aren't that good....

only glazed is worth a bite....

geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2021, 09:24 PM   #2707
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
How can they get 2 IPO's????
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2021, 12:25 AM   #2708
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Bottom-line, if the Bond Market falls, it ALL collapses....Everything.

It isn't being mentioned much in the press because we elect stupid, corrupt, feckless and cowardly politicians but coming up in a week or so is a vote to increase the debt ceiling.

If conservative Republicans in Congress claim we must stop the out-of-control spending and and return to fiscal responsibility, they should vote against raising the debt ceiling. There will be hell to pay, yes, if Congress votes to stop to raise the debt ceiling.

The bond market in all probability will collapse as defaults will occur, and then the stock market follows suit. Then it ALL collapses, everything, as you say, Randall.

I am expecting Congress to wimp out and increase the debt ceiling, securing another victory for the political class. Citizens will lose value in their savings and retirement funds and inflation will rise and it won't be transitory, for sure. And we will also get hit with larger tax increases down the road to foot the bill for this higher debt in the future.

This vote is coming very soon even if it's basically being ignored in the business media. Let your Congressman know what you think and ask where they stand.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2021, 10:08 AM   #2709
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
How can they get 2 IPO's????
the first IPO went Bankrupt... this is the second time around...General Motors, DeltaAirlines, American have all done the same thing...

usually, the company does well for a while after they go public the second time.

on another note, McEwen mining is on the verge of selling its Los Azules copper project. some people think the CEO might screw over the shareholders of MUX,

I have met Rob McEwen various times in the past from 20 years ago. I had dinner with him and his wife and I don't think for one second that he is going to take advantage of the loyal shareholders. but that is only my opinion, others think there is a chance of him not letting the shareholders participate. I have been wrong in the past and will be wrong many times going forward. I have good vibes about this guy still.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:17 AM   #2710
Tape Reader

Bot:.GME210709P200 at 11.73
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2021, 10:27 AM   #2711
lamboguy

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...y-every-july-1

one man's opinion, but he has been pretty dam good through the years.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:57 AM   #2712
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...y-every-july-1

one man's opinion, but he has been pretty dam good through the years.
Why didn't you put this in the Bobby Banilla thread under sports that you started? Stream of conscious posting.
Old 07-02-2021, 11:43 AM   #2713
lamboguy

Quote:
Why didn't you put this in the Bobby Banilla thread under sports that you started? Stream of conscious posting.

i think its because I am not perfect
Old 07-02-2021, 11:45 AM   #2714
lamboguy

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/hoye/hoye070221.pdf

this is what i meant to post
Old 07-04-2021, 01:28 PM   #2715
FakeNameChanged

$GOLD

Gold appears to be making a base(again), although the $USD (dollar) looks to be very strong. So until we see the $USD weakening, Gold may be in a sideways channel for months. I would also like to see the price get above the 21 day Exp. Mov. Ave. The shorter term MACD went positive three days ago, but the longer term MACD is still negative for gold and silver

Gold Chart
https://schrts.co/aIZwZrma

The US Dollar is looking fairly strong over the last month or longer, but it's soon going to run into resistance at .93+ and then again at .94+. Usually gold and the dollar have an inverse relationship, but not always.

$USD chart:
https://schrts.co/aIZwZrma

The same situation also applies to Silver. My observation of silver is that it usually trails Gold's moves for a short period of time, but generally moves in the same direction.

These comments are meant for people who mostly swing trade, and not long term investors. It all depends on your time horizon.