Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-16-2018, 07:03 PM   #106
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

CAn you read at all?
Seriously, you keep ranting about crap you have no clue what you are talking about.

YOU are the totally classless I refer to.

Thask, consider purging most of the off topic post in this thread - mine included.

Using people dying for political BS is reprehensible.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:13 PM   #107
hcap

You are no longer worth responding to. Now I know I convinced you Trump is on his way out

Bye bye Chimp
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2018, 09:23 PM   #108
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Maybe you should try a little better reading comprehension before running off at the mouth. Even with the worst case scenario models Florence was NEVER supposed to do more here than dump a couple inches of rain, but people were acting like they live in ground zero. This is the Panic Zone. The threshold for closing government offices and schools around here for weather is a joke. I have lived in enough different places to realize this as fact. I have only lived here 7 years, but the people who have lived here there whole lives tell me it didn't used to be that way. As an example as little as 1-2" of snow will get government offices and school closures.
I came from a place with roads and terrain way more difficult to navigate than here and a foot of snow over night meant business as usual.
Yes...comparing a foot of snow to 30 inches of rain or a 10 foot tidal surge is is JUST brilliant...

It's always better to error on THE side of caution...but...hey...ain't gonna change your mind...
Old 09-17-2018, 07:58 AM   #109
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Yes...comparing a foot of snow to 30 inches of rain or a 10 foot tidal surge is is JUST brilliant...

It's always better to error on THE side of caution...but...hey...ain't gonna change your mind...

I DO NOT LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR THE BEACH. I WAS TALKING ABOUT MY NEIGHBORS 80 MILES INLAND NOT PEOPLE AT GROUND ZERO. Your reading comprehension sucks.

What the hell is wrong with you? People where I live are over 200 miles away and far inland and freaking out and talking like they lived where the hurricane was supposed to strike.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #110
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post

I was comparing a reaction to a foot of snow to 1-2" of snow, are you blind, or struggle to read English? I like how people post lies around here and then others run with them.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 08:48 AM   #111
sammy the sage

Quote:
I DO NOT LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR THE BEACH. I WAS TALKING ABOUT MY NEIGHBORS 80 MILES INLAND NOT PEOPLE AT GROUND ZERO. Your reading comprehension sucks.

What the hell is wrong with you? People where I live are over 200 miles away and far inland and freaking out and talking like they lived where the hurricane was supposed to strike.
No....it's YOUR reading comprehension that needs HELP....and ESPECIALLY you need to re-take HISTORY lessons...go re-read my original post...

in synopsis AGAIN...yes...the NWS weather service nailed this forecast....but in the past they MISSED by hundreds of miles...and they WILL again in THE future...

Therefore an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

Finally....there was more than 30 inches 80 miles inland...maybe not in your neighborhood...but there was...and lives were lost...

Perhaps you should go into that room with cats and rocking chairs....although gotta admit...that was a funny analogy...
Old 09-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #112
Marshall Bennett

Another of my post removed. What was wrong this time?
Post it again and point this out to me please!!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #113
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Again Trump minimizes the numbers. Mistake or on purpose?

Trump tweets wrong death count for Hurricane Florence
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/tru...cane-florence/

News reports vary in how many people have died as a result of Hurricane Florence. Fox News currently lists the death toll at 11, while CBS says it’s 12.

One number major news organizations have not given is five.

But in an echo of his handling of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, President Donald Trump tweeted Saturday to underestimate the ongoing storm’s death toll.

“Five deaths have been recorded thus far with regard to hurricane Florence!” the president said.

???????????
I've never seen such obsessions with death tolls before when it comes to hurricanes...stuff like this used to come out days/weeks after the fact...

This time, we're getting practically real time updates from CNN with death tolls...media can't post another death soon enough.

If it weren't so sad, it would be ****ing hysterically funny.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:05 PM   #114
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Another of my post removed. What was wrong this time?
Post it again and point this out to me please!!
I don't even know what the hell you're talking about. Next time, send me a PM with exactly what you wrote and what was removed.

I don't recall removing anything, and I don't see any note from another moderator that a post was removed.

A lot of you on off-topic need to CALM THE F DOWN
Old 09-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #115
upthecreek

Weather Channel version of fake news

upthecreek is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #116
clicknow

Quote:
I came from a place with roads and terrain way more difficult to navigate than here and a foot of snow over night meant business as usual.
I did, too. But that is all based on the manpower, equipment, etc. of the municipality you moved to.

When I lived in upstate NY, nothing closed when there was a foot of snow because they have plows, sand, etc. as a normal part of their plan. In smaller southern communities, they don't have those things, because it rarely snows enough to keep all that going. Usually, we just wait for our roads to "thaw out" and that means during ice/snow you pretty much stay home unless you have 4 wheel drive, etc.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 03:06 PM   #117
clicknow

My very first thought, when I heard NC was flooding, and knowing some of the industries there, was the hog manure from the farms there.

Sure enough, the manure pits have failed, and all that has spilled out into the standing water.

As for being 200 miles away from the coast, when you're having this kind of weather, tornadoes spinning up and large amounts of rain are very possible + flash flooding. I would have been taking precautions.

Last edited by clicknow; 09-17-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:17 PM   #118
clicknow

Quote:
Inner, this is and was predicted to be extremely slow moving.

Today, in Durham NC (2 h 30 min (157.2 mi) from the coast, ie. Wilmington) are waking up to heavy rains and tornado warnings. The creeks and rivers rose quickly and with no warning....cars up up to past their wheel wells with street flooding in some places.

That's pretty close to 200 miles inland.

So, can't really agree with you. Now, if it was a quicker weather event, or a quick tornado that hit NC and then the weather cleared up (as is often the case w/tornadoes), I would agree w/you.

BTW, I was looking at photos of New Bern. A ton of water and debris in the streets, but at least the trees and houses are "still there". Tornado I experienced, all that was GONE. no trees, houses gone, all you saw was the cement slabs stuff was originally built on.

All weather events are different. Some start out extreme and get bettter. Some start out mild and then something happens to make them worse

Last edited by clicknow; 09-17-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:42 PM   #119
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You are no longer worth responding to. Now I know I convinced you Trump is on his way out

Bye bye Chimp
Trump and Tom are both going to be gone after the elections in November 2018? How soon will it be, like instantaneous?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 06:24 PM   #120
HalvOnHorseracing

Sometimes I read all the new postings in the threads and think that what we really need is a Betty Ford type clinic for people who can't stop reading and replying.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: