Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:00 PM   #1951
Kybred

Blinder than a bat Green, Thanks!
Old 11-16-2016, 05:36 PM   #1952
lawmaker1

A while back I noticed you wrote that you still use RPM's TIPS program. I recently found my 5.0 version and was thinking about using it again. Pardon the pun, but could you give me some "tips" as to how you use the program in your handicapping.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:37 PM   #1953
lawmaker1

This is for NoCalGreg
Old 11-16-2016, 06:51 PM   #1954
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmaker1
A while back I noticed you wrote that you still use RPM's TIPS program. I recently found my 5.0 version and was thinking about using it again. Pardon the pun, but could you give me some "tips" as to how you use the program in your handicapping.
Yep....learned to handicap from Tom Worth's methodology. I can't look at any past performances without consiously searching out the TIPS (and odds POPS) as well.

The gentleman that programmed Tips @ RPM actually did a decent job--I only wish he had included just the best Tips--and been more thorough.

For example...the WUT and it's extensions--I don't find them accurate at all.
UDB....waste of time.
DQBE...check the 1st 3 horses with this tip--2 will be wrong.

On and on. This was a huge undertaking to program, I give them their propers for that.

Lawmaker...I use it for a "screen" nowadays..the TTT works perfectly as a contender screen, especially an unknown track.

NSL is another--especially for maidens. It's best use is a niche program...gotta find that niche first.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #1955
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybred
Greg, I printed out the Comp Spot Play Report yesterday for the first time (duh) and I was wondering about some of the notations. I think most are self explanatory, however, there are a couple I'm struggling with and I was curious if you have a key to those somewhere. By the way, Strong Dude at Parx yesterday was the highest "rated" horse in that race: S1, 1M, E1, E2, BL.

In the "spot plays" I did mention that can be something to look for---a horse qualified for at least 4 --at a big price= easy spot play.

BTW...you're running an older version, KY. "BL" isn't a "spot play" and wasnt ever supposed to show up in that list. It's been corrected in the last upgrade--I'll send it out.

Also...unfortunately---until I come out with a new product, I've had to put my advertising here on Pace Advantage on hold for the time being.

I've done astronomically well with it....this is the most completely targeted site-- that reaches horsesplayers--with MONEY...on the internet. I've advertised on other sites and publications....didn't do much. The reason? Most of those "other" sites and publications' visitors are PA members just surfing the web----they've already seen my advertising, and in many cases already OWN it.

I've gotten asked by a few folks about what does mean ol' Mike charge? This is no joke....he charges less than (I'm not going to identify HER site) but it's all links---with half of them dead horseracing links(last time I checked). Good Lord, if you're gonna charge top dollar--do some housekeeping lady!

Ayway I just wanted to explain myself--working on that TRAINER MOVES program...PLATINUM is still and always will be right there...PRO is getting it's own website.

Check your email KY...and also Bennie

Best--NCG
Old 11-17-2016, 09:10 AM   #1956
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

The "Say Hey" Kid

Played a pick-5 at CDX today..all because I happened to notice there was a horse named SAY HEY KID..and in a later race there a horse named MR CUB. Both rated highly so was interested an voila! a pick-5 from the 6th race to the 10th (and yes I checked--they DO IN FACT offer a pick-5).

Cice---(board member) another top power 1M+ scored in the last race yesterday @ CDX---I started looking for those after you mentioned it--TALES OF WAR $18 ... no handicapping at all.

Mr Reckless please check your email.
some people I swear

Back to my Say Hey story...everyone knows the SAY HEY KID is Willie Mays, right? Only If you're young, or not from this country, are the only two reasons
you don't know about Willie Mays. When I was a kid on the streets of Oakland, when Oakland was a real City with a Rec dept at every playground--they would take us to ballgames and such maybe once a year.
One year they piled us onto a bus and took us to Candlestick Park. Wouldn't you know it..on THIS VERY DAY...Mgr Herman Franks gave Willie the day off. You have to understand what a huge star Willie was-everyone in attendance was disappointed.
So we get into the bottom of the 9th....Giants were losing something like 8 to 1....all of a sudden it started out really low...then got louder and louder....SAY HEY ...WE WANT MAYS!...there was no reason for Willie to pinch hit, but the fans just wanted to see him come up one time.

Two outs bottom of the 9th....Jesus Alou leaves the on-deck circle..and out trots Willie---crowd went nuts! He didn't hit a home run, but at least he came out and batted because the fans wanted him to.

Anywayyyy....I think MR CUB was Ernie Banks? I'm not sure--was never a Cubs fan.

CDX

6TH GO GO ROCKET 6-1 @ anywhere near the ML---sold
7TH SEY HEY KID 5-2 right about here is where I started having visions of a pick-5

and here it is --->> :$1 Pick-5: 12 / 7 / 5,6 / 1,6 / 7,12
Bets: 8 Total: $8

Anyone else got any pick 4's ---pick-5's this isn't a selection board it's for "handicapping methods and spot play testing" so test your 'capping

I hate to start a wager like that with a couple singles......it's pretty obvious why.

I saw this one @ GGF

3RD RACE FORBIDDEN COMMAND 8-1 I like this trainer Jose Bautista--he does a few things really well. One move he enjoys is running on the turf--get some "legs" under his horse---then bring him back to poly. He's an amazing 5 for 8 with this maneuver--ROI $6.15

TOP-4 ABILITY--DEL MAR

6TH DARING DARLING 12-1

7TH MIZZEN GLORY 12-1

I did saver exactas in front of those two, as well

LOL..that's a lot of writing for a few wagers.

good luck today

-NCG
Old 11-17-2016, 09:48 AM   #1957
green80

Top-4 Ability in the 8th a Delta last night had HOOK $21.20. For some reason the top-4 ability play does not produce may plays at Delta.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:46 AM   #1958
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
Top-4 Ability in the 8th a Delta last night had HOOK $21.20. For some reason the top-4 ability play does not produce may plays at Delta.
You know I looked at that, greenie but 80% of those horses are coming off a layoff....I don't know what the heck to do with any of them.

Is that other LA track running t-breds? Think you mentioned something about it.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:14 AM   #1959
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Since the Pick-4 contest is going to be starting soon---thought I would demonstrate how a professional goes about winning these exotical bets

If you weren't here last year--well I'm here to tell you I damn near won the whole shootin' match.

If you WERE HERE...then you know I'm full of sh*t..I didn't almost win anything

Those RDSS guys---Ted Craven's boys pretty much dominated. Bello--from this board--the guy that posts up Finger Lakes--surprisingly was on the leaderboard most of the way. Surprising to me anyway....he was nailing winners every weekend. I didn't know he was that good. You can't get lucky in a contest like that--not in a pick-4 contest, week after week...impossible.

Actually...I represented...finished exactly 20th. Not bad for never having played a pick-4 in my life, previously. Board member Halvey has a site with some good info on the wager, and I found a calculator that formulates the bets (I still have it and can get a copy for anyone that wants it)

What this is all leading up to is....I have some pick-3 plays today hahaha

**RETAMA

RACE-1 $1 Pick-3: 4,7 / 5,7 / 4,7

RACE-4 $1 Pick-3: 4,7 / 2,3 / 2,6

RACE-7 $1 Pick-3: 1,6 / 2,8 / 8,10

**AQUEDUCT

RACE-1 $1 Pick-3: 1,3 / 2,3 / 2,3

RACE-4 $1 Pick-3: 7,8 / 6,9 / 8,9

RACE-7 $1 Pick-3: 7,8 / 6,9 / 8,9

**CHURCHILL

RACE-1 $1 Pick-3: 1,7 / 6,7 / 3,9

RACE-4 $1 Pick-3: 2,6 / 3,10 / 8,10

RACE-7 $1 Pick-3: 6,7 / 9,11 / 3,11

-Couple longshots along side

AQ
7TH QUEEN OF SPADES 10-1
8TH LAKESIDE SUNSET 20-1

CDX
6TH BELLA BE PROUD 10-1
9TH SERIOUS TALK 12-1 X-BOX

allrighty then....looks like I continue to be the lone ranger posting wagers--

BTW--please don't mention any product names ya'll know what I mean right?

Later--NCG
Old 11-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #1960
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

That late pick-3 at AQ is wrong....if anyone looked it's a repeat of the earlier numbers.

I do this alot...put a horse on my watch list---with no note. I figure I'll remember why he's there--then when he pops up, I don't have a clue.

Mambo At The Gym (#2) is entered at Aqueduct, Race 1.

I checked...he shows the half/mile blowout/workout then fade pattern--WHOSEONFIRST is probably all over this one. I must have noted something with this one--also surface/rider switch along with the class drop and still getting 8-1 ML---worth a shot

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAMBO AT THE GYM.JPG (25.7 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 11-18-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:50 PM   #1961
FakeNameChanged

#7 haircut bill in Lrl 2 nd has esp pattern. With 4/5
Old 11-18-2016, 05:01 PM   #1962
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
You know I looked at that, greenie but 80% of those horses are coming off a layoff....I don't know what the heck to do with any of them.

Is that other LA track running t-breds? Think you mentioned something about it.
Fairgrounds in New Orleans opens Saturday. Most of these Delta horses are coming from LaD, therefore a little over a 30 day layoff. I don't think that is the problem with Delta, the problem is that the track is so deep some horses need an out over it no matter how fit they are and some horses never like it.
You will see the Fairgrounds has higher class horses and more stakes races.
You gotta love Delta though, where else have you seen them hold up the races because an alligator is on the track.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:37 PM   #1963
REBel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Since the Pick-4 contest is going to be starting soon---thought I would demonstrate how a professional goes about winning these exotical bets

If you weren't here last year--well I'm here to tell you I damn near won the whole shootin' match.

If you WERE HERE...then you know I'm full of sh*t..I didn't almost win anything

Those RDSS guys---Ted Craven's boys pretty much dominated. Bello--from this board--the guy that posts up Finger Lakes--surprisingly was on the leaderboard most of the way. Surprising to me anyway....he was nailing winners every weekend. I didn't know he was that good. You can't get lucky in a contest like that--not in a pick-4 contest, week after week...impossible.

Actually...I represented...finished exactly 20th. Not bad for never having played a pick-4 in my life, previously. Board member Halvey has a site with some good info on the wager, and I found a calculator that formulates the bets (I still have it and can get a copy for anyone that wants it)

What this is all leading up to is....I have some pick-3 plays today hahaha

**RETAMA

RACE-1 $1 Pick-3: 4,7 / 5,7 / 4,7

RACE-4 $1 Pick-3: 4,7 / 2,3 / 2,6

RACE-7 $1 Pick-3: 1,6 / 2,8 / 8,10

**AQUEDUCT

RACE-1 $1 Pick-3: 1,3 / 2,3 / 2,3

RACE-4 $1 Pick-3: 7,8 / 6,9 / 8,9

RACE-7 $1 Pick-3: 7,8 / 6,9 / 8,9

**CHURCHILL

RACE-1 $1 Pick-3: 1,7 / 6,7 / 3,9

RACE-4 $1 Pick-3: 2,6 / 3,10 / 8,10

RACE-7 $1 Pick-3: 6,7 / 9,11 / 3,11

-Couple longshots along side

AQ
7TH QUEEN OF SPADES 10-1
8TH LAKESIDE SUNSET 20-1

CDX
6TH BELLA BE PROUD 10-1
9TH SERIOUS TALK 12-1 X-BOX

allrighty then....looks like I continue to be the lone ranger posting wagers--

BTW--please don't mention any product names ya'll know what I mean right?

Later--NCG
Greg, I'd like the calculator.

Thanks.

Ron
Old 11-18-2016, 09:42 PM   #1964
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

On it's way, Reb ron.

This is what it looks like, BTW--if anyone else wants one
*only problem....if you only wanted to play a 50cent pick-3 or whatever..you're screwed

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wagercomp.JPG (35.1 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 11-18-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:15 AM   #1965
stuball

calculator

could I have 1 of the calculator --for 50 cents just use 10 cent X 5 right
Closed Thread