Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #7246
thaskalos

50 years from now, the online horseplayers will be searching through the game's internet archives...and they will stumble upon this website. And, in their investigation of it...they will discover that the two most popular threads in the long history of this site were threads totally dominated by a poster named BOXCAR...causing them to understandably deduce that Boxcar must have been some "great thinker"...whose incisive arguments spawned great debates, which withstood the test of time.

So, by continuing this senseless conversation...we may be conspiring to mislead the generations of horseplayers yet to come.

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-23-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #7247
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
And we should remember that back at that time, all mankind congregated together. They did not obey God's commandment at the beginning to "fill the entire earth". And all men spoke one language. So back then, it was pretty easy to get the word out -- for men to communicate with each other. So, while men after the birth of Enosh "began to call on the name of the Lord" -- the vast majority did not. Only a remnant did.
Cut the biblical babbling and please tell me how Eskimos, Indians, Hawaiins and South Sea Islanders were given a chance to repent by god if they never heard of your god.

That's why I asked if Noah called or emailed them to warn them, or perhaps god created skywriting, to be fair and let all men know they were doomed before he murdered everyone.

Or if god devised The Simpsons early on.....

Old 07-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #7248
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
50 years from now, the online horseplayers will be searching through the game's internet archives...and they will stumble upon this website. And, in their investigation of it...they will discover that the two most popular threads in the long history of this site were threads totally dominated by a poster named BOXCAR...causing them to understandably deduce that Boxcar must have been some "great thinker"...whose incisive arguments spawned great debates, which withstood the test of time.

So, by continuing this senseless conversation...we may be conspiring to mislead the generations of horseplayers yet to come.
You know if we discontinue this thread, it would only be a matter of time till box started Religion III.

God works in mysterious ways
Old 07-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #7249
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Cut the biblical babbling and please tell me how Eskimos, Indians, Hawaiins and South Sea Islanders were given a chance to repent by god if they never heard of your god.

That's why I asked if Noah called or emailed them to warn them, or perhaps god created skywriting, to be fair and let all men know they were doomed before he murdered everyone.

Or if god devised The Simpsons early on.....

You really don't read too swell, do yo?. Mankind wasn't dispersed across the face of the earth until AFTER the Flood (doubtlessly centuries after) at the Tower of Babel judgment. (Yeah...that followed the Flood!)

Try to keep up, Humpty. Try to keep the biblical timelines straight.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:09 PM   #7250
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post

Not unless there are any Russian "online horseplayers". Then "youse" guys would be guilty of collusion.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #7251
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You really don't read too swell, do yo?. Mankind wasn't dispersed across the face of the earth until AFTER the Flood (doubtlessly centuries after) at the Tower of Babel judgment. (Yeah...that followed the Flood!)

Try to keep up, Humpty. Try to keep the biblical timelines straight.
As all of history, science, archeology and mathematics demonstrates, well before the old testament claims.
Quote:
Scientists have evidence of human settlements in Australia dating back to 63,000 years ago.
So man had spread throughout the world long before the Epic of Gilgamesh, the original earlier Babylonian version of Noah was even recorded.

Did Noah email Australia to warn them of the flood?

Learn to think
Old 07-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #7252
Light
Veteran

Quote:
And by the way, you told me that if something's not in the bible, this doesn't mean that it didn't happen. My reply: If something is in the bible and contradicts something that you claim happened in the world but is not recorded in the bible, I will always believe the bible, as any true friend of Jesus would do.
Jesus does not agree with your interpretations of the Bible. I have inside info.

Jesus also tells me you serve your ego first and God is merely an embellishment for your ego.

He also told me you have no idea that you are controlled by your ego.

And lastly he told me that your version of Christian beliefs encourage hate and separation where as the actual teachings of Jesus encourage love and unity. Your words in this and the other religious thread bears him out.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #7253
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
As all of history, science, archeology and mathematics demonstrates, well before the old testament claims.
So man had spread throughout the world long before the Epic of Gilgamesh, the original earlier Babylonian version of Noah was even recorded.

Did Noah email Australia to warn them of the flood?

Learn to think
Learn to read. I don't care what the fairy tale tellers of scientism believe. God did not confuse man's tongues and scatter him across the earth until centuries after the Flood. Therefore, there was no communication problem. All men understood in Noah's day that God existed and what God expected of them, so they were without excuse. God was just in destroying them.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:52 PM   #7254
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Jesus does not agree with your interpretations of the Bible. I have inside info.

Jesus also tells me you serve your ego first and God is merely an embellishment for your ego.

He also told me you have no idea that you are controlled by your ego.

And lastly he told me that your version of Christian beliefs encourage hate and separation where as the actual teachings of Jesus encourage love and unity. Your words in this and the other religious thread bears him out.
The only "inside info" you receive is from the same father as the Pharisees had.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #7255
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Never heard of oral tradition?
Doesn't the Bible say that's an abomination?
Old 07-23-2018, 04:13 PM   #7256
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The "Out of Africa" meme is very questionable?
Not as questionable as "The God Hypotheses" for which there is zero evidence.

Quote:
It's not a fact ...
It's a fact plus or minus the Uncertainty Principle.

Last edited by Actor; 07-23-2018 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #7257
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Not as questionable as "The God Hypotheses" for which there is zero evidence.

It's a fact plus or minus the Uncertainty Principle.
NO...it's an hypothesis.

And there's plenty of evidence for God. Only those born blind from birth cannot see it.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:35 PM   #7258
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
When your thumb is straight up it actually arcs back toward the pointer. Try it.

Might as well throw in your toes, too. In your case, you need all the help you can get.
Nope. Thumb still points at you. You'll just have to wear it.

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-23-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:51 PM   #7259
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I see your toes were of no help to you. Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-23-2018, 08:38 PM   #7260
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
What if you are standing next to a basketball center, and pointing a forefinger at his head? Won't your thumb be pointing back at you then?