Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
jimmyb

Where have I heard this before

Iranian President Hasan Rouhani issued a threat, warning the US not to "play with the lion's tail," adding, “America should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars."

http://www.newser.com/story/262315/t...mpaign=rss_top
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2018, 10:39 AM   #2
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Iranian President Hasan Rouhani issued a threat, warning the US not to "play with the lion's tail," adding, “America should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars."

http://www.newser.com/story/262315/t...mpaign=rss_top
Rouhani doesn't know that paper tigers go up in smoke quickly.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So be it.

Drop the mother of all nukes on the mothers in Iran.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #4
elysiantraveller

Oh the Iran-y!!!

Meanwhile Netanyahu...

elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2018, 01:15 PM   #5
tucker6

A FanDan poster in training. Congrats!!
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #6
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
A FanDan poster in training. Congrats!!
Or just someone who rightly predicted this behavior after the withdrawal from the Iran deal...

Good factual retort though.

I'm more and more convinced Trump supporters are just really stupid people.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:20 PM   #7
thaskalos

I don't know how effective Trump's message was...because I think Twitter is blocked in Iran.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #8
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I don't know how effective Trump's message was...because I think Twitter is blocked in Iran.
It was all caps so he was yelling.

I'm sure they heard it.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:37 PM   #9
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Or just someone who rightly predicted this behavior after the withdrawal from the Iran deal...

You are the very last person on Earth, much less here on PA, to call anyone stupid.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

What behavior?

And my day just got cloudier...
Old 07-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #11
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
You are the very last person on Earth, much less here on PA, to call anyone stupid.
It must be confusing to you because I'm about 5 steps ahead of you and Trump on such matters.

Feel free to go back to the nuclear deal thread and find my glaring mistakes... I'll wait.

How's North Korea coming along?

That Security Council meeting went GREAT on Friday.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #12
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
(1)It must be confusing to you because I'm about 5 steps ahead of you and Trump on such matters.

(2) Feel free to go back to the nuclear deal thread and find my glaring mistakes... I'll wait.

(3) How's North Korea coming along?

(4) That Security Council meeting went GREAT on Friday.
1--Five steps ahead of me? You've just proven that you can't count too.

2--Time will tell; don't think you? Oh I forgot. You don't know how to think.

3--North Korea is coming along quite well. Have you noticed there has been no NK nuclear test missiles volleyed over Japan these past 8 months or so? No more nuclear threats to Guam? People in San Francisco do sleep a little better these days, too. No you didn't notice.

Oh yeah, the US nuclear subs are still in place, as before, along the Korean peninsular protecting South Korea and reminding the North Koreans that we aren't leaving anytime soon.

4--Yes it went GREAT because ... Putin finally faced a tough and real leader in Trump, unlike his dealings with Obama, Hillary and Kerry, cowards, crooks and traitors, each of them.

If you want to use the main stream media as your guide, be my guest. According to them -- and the idiots who believe in them -- yes it didn't go well for Trump. But who cares about the media's hate-Trump fantasies and partisan reporting. No one reads them, watches them nor listens to them. Only ill-educated, snarks and sissies, that's who.

But tell that to Putin ... ask Putin about Trump killing 200 Russians in Syria, both military types and political types... ask Putin about Trump calling out Merkel and her immoral and marginally illegal natural gas deal, she making an end around of her NATO 'allies'; ask Putin about the money and arms Trump sent to the Ukraine to fight his Russia ... Putin didn't get the upper hand here by any means.

No, no, baby child, Trump's meeting in Helsinki went fabulous.

Trump is on the right side of history and the anti-Trump dummies and clowns are all alone looking on and whining from the outside.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #13
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You guys on the other hand just really want a war...
Quote:
You guys want more conflict in the region... I get it.
Quote:
You know what Israel really ****ing wants? American boots on the ground in Syria. Not a couple thousand but a couple of divisions. Beating the hell out of the Russians, Iranians, and Assad there.

Thats what they're really after because even they can't provide proof Iran is building a bomb right now... so they lure the US closer to conflict.
Quote:
Sure but if you think Israel isn't actively trying to drag us into a war with Iran I've got another bridge for you too.

They want it. The Saudis reeeeeaaaallllyyy want it.

I get that they don't like Iran setting up some shops in Syria but I mean come on... Assad with the help of Russia can't even secure his country. Hardly the place to launch a strike against the armed camp that is Israel.

The Israelis know military matters and know the logistically impossibility such an operation would be. Especially under the watchful eye of American air superiority... completely impossible.

This is their best chance. Help get the US out of the JCPOA. Fire some missiles. Kill some Iranians and hope they make a poorly calculated response that they can use to further ostracize them and get the pendulum swinging back the other way.

Bibi was in Moscow and missiles were flying within the hour... that my friend is 4d chess.
And today...

Netanyahu rejects Russian offer to keep Iranian forces 100 km from Israel-Syria border

Finally...

Quote:
HERE IS THE REALITY TRUCK:

We are fighting a proxy war with Iran, Russia, ISIS, and Syria. We have been for a few years now. I'm okay with that. During this whole proxy war Iran was complying with a nuclear agreement that we had no reason to walk away from. I'm perfectly content to keep playing with them in the sandbox that is Syria than in someone else's backyard like Tehran, Iraq, the Peninsula or Israel. There is no need for the action we took two days ago unless you are itching for conflict with Iran. Pointblankperiod. Thanks for at least admitting you are.

Here is where we stand:

You want a broader war with Iran. I don't.

You want steps taken to make that a reality. I don't.

You therefore support withdrawal from the JCPOA. I don't.

Anything else is just bullshit.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Really?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2650.jpg (12.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-23-2018, 02:22 PM   #15
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
3--North Korea is coming along quite well. Have you noticed there has been no NK nuclear test missiles volleyed over Japan these past 8 months or so? No more nuclear threats to Guam? People in San Francisco do sleep a little better these days, too. No you didn't notice.

Oh yeah, the US nuclear subs are still in place, as before, along the Korean peninsular protecting South Korea and reminding the North Koreans that we aren't leaving anytime soon.

4--Yes it went GREAT because ... Putin finally faced a tough and real leader in Trump, unlike his dealings with Obama, Hillary and Kerry, cowards, crooks and traitors, each of them.

If you want to use the main stream media as your guide, be my guest. According to them -- and the idiots who believe in them -- yes it didn't go well for Trump. But who cares about the media's hate-Trump fantasies and partisan reporting. No one reads them, watches them nor listens to them. Only ill-educated, snarks and sissies, that's who.

But tell that to Putin ... ask Putin about Trump killing 200 Russians in Syria, both military types and political types... ask Putin about Trump calling out Merkel and her immoral and marginally illegal natural gas deal, she making an end around of her NATO 'allies'; ask Putin about the money and arms Trump sent to the Ukraine to fight his Russia ... Putin didn't get the upper hand here by any means.

No, no, baby child, Trump's meeting in Helsinki went fabulous.

Trump is on the right side of history and the anti-Trump dummies and clowns are all alone looking on and whining from the outside.