Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #76
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman
Light has finally brought me to my knees by revealing what a true scoundrel I am.
Sir, my thing is not to bring you to your knees. Stop copping out. Please stand up on your own 2 feet and address the issue. Your own users are saying they dont get the same # of winners using the $1 Bris files as using the $5 MC files,as I found out too. I cant even do a study on your program as I did on the hype with TLG because your program has 2 different outputs depending on the file you use.

This is the last time I am going to mention this. (Hold the applause). You guys were too stubborn to listen to what I was talking about before regarding PL selection. Now you wont even listen when your own users are complaining about the discrepency in the files. You either talk like politicians, essentially saying nothing or you try character assasinations. Totally unprofessional.

Last edited by Light; 03-01-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #77
toetoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51
:confused: Sorry, I just don't understand the negativity.[/color
[/b][/color]

Maybe I'm just class-challenged, but I don't understand the positivity.

If you want to bet all of handiman's top picks, top four picks, dime super baseballs or some combination thereof, I will stand by for your results.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #78
toetoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Why am I not surprised that you have suddenly decided to jump into HandiFast discussions...

Mein Fuhrer,

Not surprising, as I am the horse's ass, remember ? How do I know ? The almighty patron saint of unintelligible hags told me so.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #79
toetoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

Lately, he's ALL TALKY, NO BALLSY.

Just lately ? .
Old 03-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #80
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toetoe
Mein Fuhrer,

Not surprising, as I am the horse's ass, remember ? How do I know ? The almighty patron saint of unintelligible hags told me so.
I assume, by you and that other guy's posts that you have no interest in Handfast and will not be using it. If so, why are you posting in a Handifast thread? Are you trying to cause people to dislike you and ignore all your posts? Well, you've succeeded.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
Old 03-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #81
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Light,

You just don't get it. The program was built using the TSN 50cent files. Do you understand that TSN 50 cent files are cheaper than the $1 DRF files?

Please answer this? Do you Understand that Handifast was coded to use a cheap 50 cent data file? that's 50 pennies US. At the same time, users could have used the $1 DRF file. In simpler terms, that's 100 pennies US. Also known as twice the cost of the 50 pennie datafile.

Move ahead in time and then discover that TSN decided to go away and the 50 cent file was no longer available. So what to do? I did nothing to the code, except eliminate the file extension .eg that was used for TSN 50 penny data files and put in the extension .mcp which then allowed the user to use Multicap files. I was using Procaps files because I got unlimited files for a monthly fee.

Now since Bris offered to replace my unlimited procaps files with unlimited multicaps files I added the ,mcp extension. But I did not change the algorithms one bit. So the program in the begining could use .eg.....pcs....
.drf data files. now .eg and .pcs files are no longer available. So the files it uses are .DRF and .MCP I did nothing to change the program's internal logical activity.

So if the MCP files are better than DRF that's not my problem. If the 50 cent .eg files were better than .drf and .pcs or .mcp even, again not my problem.

So get off your high horse about the cost of the .mcp files or go after the guys who won't provide the 50 cent files that the program was built around.

Handi
Old 03-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #82
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Can anyone read the above quote? Lets do some math. $5 MC files for 4 tracks a day cost $20. $20*5 days a week = $100. $100*a year = $5000 just for data. I dont call that free.
Light, that's what I said. Data is not free if you have download it from bris, HDW, or PTD. There is no disagreement.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #83
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Why don't all you people who don't like HandiFast stop coming to this portion of the forum. We, the people who appreciate what has been done, would appreciate your absence, and would appreciate your not hijacking these threads for your own demented pleasure.

Go away.
Rabo, it's not that we or (I) don't like it, but let's call a spade a spade, 8 of 8 all favorites and yet to be proven superior (losing) black box results over a LONG period are cause for one to pause.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #84
njcurveball

I am pretty much shocked at how much a post in a specific forum for specific software has turned into a "Slobberknocker" as they use to say in the WWF.

As an HTR user, I will be the first to tell someone that you aren't going to buy the program download the files and hit 8 for 8. As a former HSH User, I would be shocked if Dave promises that these days.

I think this thread has run it's course and all I can say is about the only other poster I have seen go 8 for 8 here was 46, but then again he posted after the races were run.

Keep up the good work Handi!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #85
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by toetoe
Maybe I'm just class-challenged, but I don't understand the positivity.

If you want to bet all of handiman's top picks, top four picks, dime super baseballs or some combination thereof, I will stand by for your results.
Maybe you should have LOOKED at MY post, BEFORE you got diarrhea of the mouth...uhh...fingers. I only posted ONE per race. Only the ONE top, got that, TOP pick pr race. Not 2, not 3, not even 4 only ONE. I also posted the selections for TAM yesterday in the selections thread. ONE per race. As far as using MCP files vs the $1 files, it doesn't make that big of a difference. One day you might get 8 winners from MCP files and only 6 or 7 using the $1 files, then another you could get 8 winners with the $1 files and only 6 or 7 using the MCP files. It all evens out in the long run. Cheers
Old 03-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #86
Rwahi1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Can anyone read the above quote? Lets do some math. $5 MC files for 4 tracks a day cost $20. $20*5 days a week = $100. $100*a year = $5000 just for data. I dont call that free.
For your information I pay $2 MC files. I am not going to explain to asshole like you why I pay $2. Go to the Bris website and READ!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #87
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwahi1
For your information I pay $2 MC files. I am not going to explain to asshole like you why I pay $2. Go to the Bris website and READ!
LOL

Some people only want to see what they want to see.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
Closed Thread