Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-03-2020, 02:40 AM   #31
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Your a riot. We are talking about people wanting to defend themselves your point is what, they should probably think twice because you feel they wont be trained?

At the gun shop we buy from there is a mandatory safety class to purchase your first fire arm from them. Many places do that, heck might even be a law for all I know.

How do you even know without guessing what the level of training is of anyone in that line.
I own guns and am trained.

I'm not a riot, because I've seen many around me who are gun owners who you would think are reasonably intelligent but are not.

One one my neighbors on his way home from horse races shot his own thumb off on the way home and had to turn around and drive himself back to hot springs to the hospital. He was in late 60s at the time, been around guns all his life. It was on passenger seat and he was driving and picked it up to do something, move it or whatever.......boom!

My other neighbor is telling me about grandchildren visiting, I think to the guns her hubs has laying in corner of wall in bedroom) and I innocently ask: Are you guys plannning on buying a gun cabinet with a lock, and are those guns loaded? (the guns were loaded, grandchildren on the way to visit.)

Also I am family friend of guy who was killed while sleeping in bed in hotel that made national news and those Wanted programs. Some jerk next door was cleaning gun, it went off, thru wall, killed my friend .....it was a big story.

SO, no lectures from you are of interest to me, really. I live in the real world, surrounded by real people. There's a lot of idiots out there, or maybe you don't think so?

Last edited by clicknow; 06-03-2020 at 02:42 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2020, 02:45 AM   #32
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I love every minute of staying home. I'm stupid like that.

It's not about "staying home."

These riots wouldn't nearly be as widespread or violent as they are if 40M people weren't recently thrown out of work.

It's about seeing all the damage done from the very start with these unprecedented lockdowns...against a virus that was not all that unprecedented.

And if you're not black, you'll never understand. So I won't even pretend to try and "see" what black people feel when it comes to the police.

Maybe Chauvin is a raving racist...and maybe he kept his knee there longer because Floyd was black. Maybe if Floyd was white, he would still be alive. It's a possibility of course.

Or maybe he kept his knee there out of "spite" because the onlookers were screaming at him and telling him "how to do his job."

There's a million reasons why this might have happened.

And that's why it will continue to happen...

Agree with everything you said.

I'll be watching the riots in the rest of the world that has also been in unprecedented lockdowns. That would make a good topic.

Maybe later have some to compare, how each covid policies were handled and what models work and don't work. Maybe i'm silly like that, but I believe results are predicated on actions and plans.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-03-2020 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:13 AM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So clicknow, your solution is let them riot and loot and burn at will?

And can you give us list of how many incident a COPS has saved a live, risked his own to protect someone else.....you really think most cops are bad?

And how about this - can you PROVE the cop who killed George was even racist and not just a violent person?

And if your concern is about people not being trained to use guns, you should spread the word to the LOOTERS AND ARSONISTS that maybe they should stay home....

Well DUH.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:37 AM   #34
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Instigators, rat scum!

https://nypost.com/2020/06/03/woman-...acebook-video/
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2020, 11:17 AM   #35
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Sadly, it takes quite a bit to wake up many people. But people are starting to see that making the police their first line of defense for personal protection is pure lunacy.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #36
boxcar

Quote:
well said.

In fact this cop had issues with every race. He basically was a bad guy.

Nature versus nurture, nature always wins.
Exactly! I pointed this out several days ago, and no lib could explain to me how any police department could be justified in keeping a guy like this on the payroll who had been written up for eighteen departmental infractions! This guy had a longer inter-departmental rap sheet than most career criminals have records!
Old 06-03-2020, 12:12 PM   #37
jimmyb

Some of the priors of the SJW's arrestees in Boston. I'll omit the names.

37 year old male... Dog beater, baby hit with pepper spray during brawl at a hotel.

28 year old male... level 2 sex offender. convicted in 2013 of indecent A&B on a minor.

33 year old male...arrested in 2005 for a racially motivated attack on a family.

37 year old male... Made headlines in 2013, 2 people shot, 1 dead.

priors from others ... A&B on a family member, selling cocaine, A&B on a police officer, Domestic violence, pointing a firearm.

Just your garden variety SJW's
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2020, 08:00 PM   #38
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So clicknow, your solution is let them riot and loot and burn at will?
I have enough posts here that your putting words in my mouth like this is rather humorous.

But if you feel like you need to do that, then it is what it is.

I'll just ignore it next time it happens. Only way to deal with it.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:05 PM   #39
clicknow

Quote:
And how about this - can you PROVE the cop who killed George was even racist and not just a violent person?
And, if you go back to the original topic about the I can't breathe, I was one of the first posters and said CLEARLY that it was a police brutality issue, not racist. The race stuff was brought in many many posts after mine.

See, Tom, I apologized to you once when I misunderstood something you posted.

I expect that you will do the right thing here and do the same back to me.

Becuase I can go back and quote-box what I said.

And so you're saying this, to me here, is truly laughable. It's like you're picking up any stick you see on the ground as ammunition and putting words in my mouth that my previous posts clearly negate.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:14 PM   #40
horses4courses

Quote:
Do you happen to know how many white people he killed or assaulted?
I'll wait........
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #41
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Do you happen to know how many white people he killed or assaulted?
I'll wait........
just reading an article it appears more where white than black.

of the 4 cops that were arrested, two were minorities.

I think this more about police power abuse than race, though I am sure race played a role.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2020, 09:03 PM   #42
horses4courses

Quote:

I think this more about police power abuse than race, though I am sure race played a role.
Can't argue with that.

There are a huge number of excellent police officers in this country.
A small section cause a lot of injustice, though, and race is a factor.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2020, 09:40 PM   #43
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Wait a minute. You said :

“Maybe you can tell the many trained police officers who acccidentally shoot people they believed were wishing to do them harm. “

Police officers don’t “accidentally” shoot people very often. In fact it’s rare.

There is no list of accidental shootings. If you are referring to cops who shoot people who are unarmed, those are just about as rare. They happen, but are in no way common.

There are over 25k police contacts made every day in this country.
9 million a year. How many go bad? How many are criminal? Do the math.......a very small %

Very few end up with somebody getting shot. It’s a damn miracle that more shootings don’t occur. But police officers rarely “accidentally” shoot anybody. And if you’re trying to extrapolate and knead the term “accidentally” into cases where police shoot unarmed persons, there are very few of those.

They are a blip on the radar.

Data can be found here. But I find it skeptical. But probably as accurate as the government keeps

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ings-database/
No doubt!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2020, 10:07 PM   #44
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

If you take out all the bullshit and all the hyperbole, it’s about bad police tactics by one single officer. He is a 17 yr vet. He has been in this situation before, I’m sure. What makes this time different?

We can only speculate. Is the fact that this suspect didn’t survive an outlier? Probably. But only the coroner can shed any light on what made this different. Every suspect is not the same.

A knee on the throat though should not be a tactical option for anybody. Especially for minor crimes. If he was a child killer who just killed a child and this incident is the end of a hot pursuit, maybe you escalate somewhat to stop an escape of someone that is a known danger to the public. But it’s still bad tactics.

A reasonable culture with reasonable thinking people would have been happy with the arrests. But we have an overall unreasonable unthinking culture that makes people believe they have Been slighted. They feel entitled.

Especially the chronically wounded Black culture. It’s disgusting. There are whites who are just as bad, but for different reasons and the wounded entitled whites piggy back onto the riots just because they can. They are all criminals.

Toss in Antifa taking advantage of the moment, and you turn the country upside down for 10 days or more. I hate what the country has become.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:32 PM   #45
TJDave

Quote:
This bad cop was an employee of a DEMOCRAT controlled police force in a DEMOCRAT controlled city in a DEMOCRAT controlled state.
Any guess as to whether this “bad cop” votes DEMOCRAT or REPUBLICAN?