Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #1
cj's dad

Deflategate

Kind of surprised that this hasn't been brought up.
Questions:

1- What should the punishment be ?

2 - What will the punishment be?

3 - How many more ways are the Pats cheating ?

Answers:

1 - I think both Brady and Belichek should be suspended for the SB and owner Robert Kraft banned for 1 year

2 - The Pats will be fined heavily and the coach will get 4 games starting next season.

3 - That I know of there was the snowplow incident, spygate, deflategate that they were caught at, who knows what other offenses they have commited ?
Old 01-22-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
DJofSD
Screw PC

Tempest in a teapot.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:14 PM   #3
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisontheBay

Answers:

1 - I think both Brady and Belichek should be suspended for the SB and owner Robert Kraft banned for 1 year

2 - The Pats will be fined heavily and the coach will get 4 games starting next season.

3 - That I know of there was the snowplow incident, spygate, deflategate that they were caught at, who knows what other offenses they have commited ?
At this point I have to disagree with all your answers. You need more evidence to enforce such penalties, such as knowing for a certainty that Belichek and Brady were aware the balls were deflated.
I don't believe such a plan to deflate the balls was a part of their strategy in winning the game. I don't believe they're that stupid.
I'd be shocked if any more than perhaps a fined came out of this.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
cj's dad

Brady has been gripping footballs for many years. There is absolutely no way hs did not know those balls were under inflated.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Did I hear that one ball found not to be deflated was one of the ones used by the kicker?
Old 01-22-2015, 12:52 PM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

Those guys are teflon, nothing will happen, theyll brush it under the rug like they did w spygate.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2015, 01:14 PM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Brady should be the one suspended.

But he will skate....... he is the NFL poster boy
Old 01-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #8
_______
Veteran

17-7 with under inflated balls. 28-0 afterwards.

11/12 balls under inflated after they were checked tells me there was intent to cheat and that warrents a penalty. The score after halftime when this was discovered tells me it should occur after the Super Bowl.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #9
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______
17-7 with under inflated balls. 28-0 afterwards.

11/12 balls under inflated after they were checked tells me there was intent to cheat and that warrents a penalty. The score after halftime when this was discovered tells me it should occur after the Super Bowl.
I totally agree. But someone saw the weather, the first game (Seattle vs. Green Bay), the weather there, and knew what time it was. The question is, who did what or knew what? Or does Brady always want the ball like that? A football player can tell the second they hold the ball, that's how they got popped. When its softer, its easier to grip, catch and carry. That helps your passer, receiver and runner. If its really cold or wet, its an advantage (cheating). This won't be swept under the rug the media is making it bigger than Normandy for crying out loud. The penalties will come after the SB. If NE wins there will be more whining after the fact. The biggest penalty will be if they get beat........it won't be raining in Arizona, most likely it will be a fast track. Seattle, like horse racing, is a fast track team. I don't think they liked the going last week, just like a horse that doesn't like it wet. I'm thinking they will be their usual, fast, sharp hitting selves. If they lower the boom, like they usually do against a weaker, slower opponent. This will go away somewhat, but there will be penalties regardless.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What's next for the NFL?
Domestic violence with soft balls?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:39 PM   #11
Stillriledup
Veteran

They should let the Colts play the Ravens on what would have been super bowl sunday and the winner goes on to play the Hawks in the real SB a week later. The NFL would gain SO much credibility if they acted like the Olympics and "stripped" the medals overnight for cheating.

Anything less than stripping these guys from the win and banning them from the game essentially says cheating is ok because the results will always stand. Too much money involved for this team to ever feel the wrath of any financial punishment.

I think i would be ok with them playing in the SB if Brady and Belichick were suspended for the game and then Brady was also given a 1 year suspension for all of next year and Belichick gets a 2 or 3 year suspension.

Anything less just reeks of the WWF where they script the matches and have "good guys" vs "Bad guys".
Old 01-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #12
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
They should let the Colts play the Ravens on what would have been super bowl sunday and the winner goes on to play the Hawks in the real SB a week later. The NFL would gain SO much credibility if they acted like the Olympics and "stripped" the medals overnight for cheating.

Anything less than stripping these guys from the win and banning them from the game essentially says cheating is ok because the results will always stand. Too much money involved for this team to ever feel the wrath of any financial punishment.

I think i would be ok with them playing in the SB if Brady and Belichick were suspended for the game and then Brady was also given a 1 year suspension for all of next year and Belichick gets a 2 or 3 year suspension.

Anything less just reeks of the WWF where they script the matches and have "good guys" vs "Bad guys".
45-7.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2015, 02:58 PM   #13
ronsmac

I think they can put the entire story to rest by beating Seattle.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #14
DJofSD
Screw PC

The NFL can't buy the kind of publicity this story is giving them.

Ratings for the SB will probably be the highest they've ever had.

Cha-ching!!!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #15
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______
45-7.
Ben Johnson also won "45-7" but they took his medals away. Lance Armstrong also won "45-7" and they stripped him of his trophies. Its ok to cheat but make sure you win by enough, is that the message?